Overpaying for Garnett Poll

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Overpaying for Garnett?

No, Garnett is awesome. Go for it!
14%
No, but it is hard to give up the young talent.
43%
Yes, but Garnett is great. Go for it!
43%
Yes, this is a stupid trade. Dont do it.
No votes

Total votes : 7

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:15 am
The newest trade rumor for Kevin Garnett is this:

1) Trade 10 mill TE for Troy Hudson
2) Monta Ellis, Brandan Wright, Al Harrington + Throw in--> Kevin Garnett

I have heard it both ways, but do you think this is overpaying.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 am
Personally, yes it is overpaying, but we are overpaying for the best player in the league. I would be happy with this, but I wish both Ellis and Wright werent involved.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:21 am
Overpaying?. KG's contract alone is overpaying. Trading young players and the exception for him is clearly too much for someone that's getting old and that will improve this team short term, but will force us to start rebuilding again in a few years.

On the other side, it's the only way to get him.

I'm torn on this one. We're a better team with KG, but only for a few seasons. Is it worth it?. Who knows...

I'd say go for it if KG is willing to sign an extension. We'd have a 4-5 years window to make some noise.

I personally don't like KG, but there's no doubt we'd be better with him than without him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:39 am
TMC wrote:Overpaying?. KG's contract alone is overpaying. Trading young players and the exception for him is clearly too much for someone that's getting old and that will improve this team short term, but will force us to start rebuilding again in a few years.

On the other side, it's the only way to get him.

I'm torn on this one. We're a better team with KG, but only for a few seasons. Is it worth it?. Who knows...

I'd say go for it if KG is willing to sign an extension. We'd have a 4-5 years window to make some noise.

I personally don't like KG, but there's no doubt we'd be better with him than without him.

I dont think we would even bother trading for him without signing an extension, so that wont be a problem. It is temption knowing that we could be a champion caliber team for the next few years.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:01 am
It is near certain that Garnett is coming to the team. Getting Gsrnett certainly makes the team a short term contender sobugger it, go for it. If Mullin truly is a genius, he will be able to get good players if Garnett leaves and thus keep the team successful

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:22 am
No, even though hes in his prime, he cost too much, plus we have wright aready which will be our future, as he will just be as good in a few years, if not even better as garnett is getting old.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:36 am
AUGUST 6, 2007, PHASE 3 - KG

I don't know about your guys, but I'm in it to win it! Wright may or may not be a stud, Monta Ellis may or may not improve (he prolly will), Harrington may or may not put up that ridiculous good 3 pt shooting percentage..

BUT there is one thing certain...

KG is better than all 3 at this point......
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:41 pm
You can't overpay for a player like Garnett.

How many guys can you say have been Top 10 players, consistently, for the past decade? Not even Baron can lay claim to that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:11 pm
32 wrote:You can't overpay for a player like Garnett.

How many guys can you say have been Top 10 players, consistently, for the past decade? Not even Baron can lay claim to that.

TRUE!

man... BARON & KG... wow I made the trade once playing nba2k7, but NEVER DREAMT that it was a possibility!

Return to Trades