Bob Fitzgerald

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:40 pm
Exactly. Like I said. Baron is not going to get any younger. His injuries will hurt him as his career progresses. It's best we get someone who can help the Warriors win NOW while Baron's tearing it up.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Exactly. Like I said. Baron is not going to get any younger. His injuries will hurt him as his career progresses. It's best we get someone who can help the Warriors win NOW while Baron's tearing it up.

That is the main reason they would trade for Garnett.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:21 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Exactly. Like I said. Baron is not going to get any younger. His injuries will hurt him as his career progresses. It's best we get someone who can help the Warriors win NOW while Baron's tearing it up.

Yeah, the problem is that doing so would force us to rebuild in 4 or 5 years... is it worth it?. I think so, but it's gonna be ugly for a few years after our run.

Still, a chance at a title doesn't come around often. That's what the Bucs did when they won their SB. Now we're still trying to get back to contender status, but it was definitely worth it...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:26 am
TMC wrote:

Yeah, the problem is that doing so would force us to rebuild in 4 or 5 years... is it worth it?. I think so, but it's gonna be ugly for a few years after our run.

Still, a chance at a title doesn't come around often. That's what the Bucs did when they won their SB. Now we're still trying to get back to contender status, but it was definitely worth it...

True, but I seriously doubt we'll get a guy like Baron (even if the successor is "injury gifted" like him) during the rebuilding years. But it should be worth it. Just hope we don't get screwed out of a championship thanks to well... the refs. :wink:

But it's all up to what Mullin sees. He probably knows what the consequences are if he pulls the trigger. Maybe he's working on our future also? If we don't swing a deal for KG, we waste an opportunity with Baron and what he can still bring to us but if we do, we're going to have to wait a some amount of years before guys like Wright, Belinelli, and Monta can actually contribute to a point where were championship contenders in the West. It's a risk either way... but still, it's a win-win situation either way they choose to go.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 am
TMC wrote:

There is no guarantee that Garnett would stay after next season or the one after! I can seeing running for the Phoenix Suns. Mullin, if he is still here, would have to rebuild immediately and hope that he can either draft great players, attract great freeagents or trade for better talent. It would be uphill again

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:16 am
Consider the source, Tim Kawakami but...

"On draft night, the Warriors were talking with Andy Miller, KG’s agent, and were in the process of seeing if they could extend him out a few years as part of the complicated trade/negotiation scenario".
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:43 am
Mullin would have to get an extension for Garnett or KG could leave after one season! It is a no brainer that that has to be done if Garnett was to be attained but there are no guarantees

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:59 am
migya wrote:Mullin would have to get an extension for Garnett or KG could leave after one season! It is a no brainer that that has to be done if Garnett was to be attained but there are no guarantees

If we were to get him, there is no way we wouldnt have an extension already set out.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:59 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin would have to get an extension for Garnett or KG could leave after one season! It is a no brainer that that has to be done if Garnett was to be attained but there are no guarantees

If we were to get him, there is no way we wouldnt have an extension already set out.

Exactly. You don't give up Monta Ellis for only 1 year of KG... and Mullin knows that.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Trades