Bob Fitzgerald

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:15 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Maybe I should just kick #32 and get it over and done with :mrgreen:

:roll: With your gay little MMA? Haha, please. :mrgreen:

*Starts singing offkey* WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS, WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS? \:D/

:dontknow: Don't ask me. I don't mind friendly basektball conversation, but the one thing I can't stand is when somebody is blatantly wrong, you prove them wrong, and they refuse to admit it. That is migya to a T.

That's why I don't like the guy. Not because he's a drama-setter, not because he's a fraud as a moderator, not because he has unfair standards that give users like myself, OG broe, aletha, and Pest the short end of the stick... but because he just, frankly, knows absolutely nothing about basketball and, yet, he sticks to his paper-thin opinion like it was Gospel. And then, a week later, he won't admit he was wrong; he'll simply "change his mind" and defect to the other side without saying a fuckin word.

That's why I don't like him. He's like the stupid kid in class that doesn't read the book, but picks up enough from everybody else's conversation to at least get by. miggy's never once added anything to a conversation that wasn't either obvious or incorrect.

You can think what you want about my attitude or the way I phrase things, but I know what I'm talking about and I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong (which are two things that miggy absolutely lacks).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:19 pm
32 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Maybe I should just kick #32 and get it over and done with :mrgreen:

:dontknow: Don't ask me. I don't mind friendly basektball conversation, but the one thing I can't stand is when somebody is blatantly wrong, you prove them wrong, and they refuse to admit it. That is migya to a T.

That's why I don't like the guy. Not because he's a drama-setter, not because he's a fraud as a moderator, not because he has unfair standards that give users like myself, OG broe, aletha, and Pest the short end of the stick... but because he just, frankly, knows absolutely nothing about basketball and, yet, he sticks to his paper-thin opinion like it was Gospel. And then, a week later, he won't admit he was wrong; he'll simply "change his mind" and defect to the other side without saying a fuckin word.

That's why I don't like him. He's like the stupid kid in class that doesn't read the book, but picks up enough from everybody else's conversation to at least get by. miggy's never once added anything to a conversation that wasn't either obvious or incorrect.

You can think what you want about my attitude or the way I phrase things, but I know what I'm talking about and I'm not above admitting when I'm wrong (which are two things that miggy absolutely lacks).

There wouldnt have been any problems had you not said anything. Keep it to yourself. I am going to get outa this, and you guys can figure this out yourselves. :pain10: :pain10: :boxing:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:34 pm
Dude. For the second time, I'm just gonna let you know that you honestly don't know what you're talking about here. You caught me on a day where I threw the first stone. Whatever. miggy's done it to me more than his share of times. Learn to live with it if you're gonna post on the regular here, because I seriously doubt he's just gonna wake up one morning and be pleasant to me... and we both do a helluva lotta posting every day.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 pm
32 wrote:Dude. For the second time, I'm just gonna let you know that you honestly don't know what you're talking about here. You caught me on a day where I threw the first stone. Whatever. miggy's done it to me more than his share of times. Learn to live with it if you're gonna post on the regular here, because I seriously doubt he's just gonna wake up one morning and be pleasant to me... and we both do a helluva lotta posting every day.

Like I said, forget that I said anything. :roll:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:41 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:

Best just to let things go or you get into a childish bitching match with this guy :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:53 pm
migya wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
32 wrote:

Best just to let things go or you get into a childish bitching match with this guy :wink:

I think I might just trust you on this one. :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:01 am
POB suck... why does he suck so much, C'MON... WHY ARE YOU THAT BAD?!?!?!?!?

ooops, wrong thread :banghead: o well, he still sucks...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:04 am
~W~ wrote:POB suck... why does he suck so much, C'MON... WHY ARE YOU THAT BAD?!?!?!?!?

:shock: what the heck.... :shock:

He does suck by the way... :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:07 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
~W~ wrote:POB suck... why does he suck so much, C'MON... WHY ARE YOU THAT BAD?!?!?!?!?

He is hanging around Foyle too much...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:44 am
~W~ wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

He is hanging around Foyle too much...

:shock:
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:04 am
to get back to the topic...

minny and hudson are talking about buying out his contract. if hudson gets bought out, what happens to the trade? it may be just talk to hide the possible garnett deal...but if its not just talk then i wouldnt be suprised if there is no garnett deal...i just hope mullin pulls some kind of move some time in the next couple months to ease my eagerness for the season.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:30 am
A) I don't see this likely happening
B) I'd be mortified if it did happen. We'd be giving up a young, up and coming, entertaining team for an old team that was just marginally better, might now get any further, and would peak in one year.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:20 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:A) I don't see this likely happening
B) I'd be mortified if it did happen. We'd be giving up a young, up and coming, entertaining team for an old team that was just marginally better, might now get any further, and would peak in one year.

I think like Pest. I'm not sold on Wrights future (I think he'll be a good player, just not a star), but other than that, I think the same.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:29 am
TMC wrote:

I think like Pest. I'm not sold on Wrights future (I think he'll be a good player, just not a star), but other than that, I think the same.

That makes three of us, though I would do the trade I spoke of a week or so ago that brings Amare here instead but not for Garnett

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:31 am

An old team?

Kevin Garnett is only 32 years old. He'll be 33 next May. That's only 2 years older than Stephen Jackson. He's just as old as Cabbage. The Warriors' starting lineup would still be an average of 5 years younger than most of the other contenders in the league...

SUNS

PG - Steve Nash (34)
SG - Raja Bell (32)
SF - Grant Hill (36)
PF - Shawn Marion (30)
C - Amare Stoudamire (25)

Average Age = 31.4

SPURS

PG - Tony Parker (26)
SG - Manu Ginobli (31)
SF - Bruce Bowen (37)
PF - Tim Duncan (32)
C - Fabricio Oberto (33)

Average Age = 31.8

HEAT

PG - Jason Williams (33)
SG - Dwayne Wade (26)
SF - Antoine Walker (32)
PF - Udonis Haslem (28)
C - Shaquille O'Neal (36)

Average Age = 31.0

PISTONS

PG - Chauncey Billips (32)
SG - Rip Hamilton (30)
SF - Tayshaun Prince (28)
PF - Antonio McDysse (34)
C - Rasheed Wallace (34)

Average Age = 31.6

WARRIORS (with Garnett)

PG - Baron Davis (29)
SG - Marco Belinelli (21)
SF - Stephen Jackson (30)
PF - Kevin Garnett (32)
C - Andris Biedrins (21)

Average Age = 26.6

I also don't get the whole "peak after one year" talk. Baron Davis is almost 30 and Garnett is only 32. They both easily have 3 or 4 years of their best stuff left. Hell, Baron probably has 5 years. Please explain.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades