Bob Fitzgerald

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:06 pm
[quote="sfsfsfgiants]
I think you forgot about Josh Powell who will probably play over Lasme.

Great lineup though :)[/quote]

problem with everyone including Powell in our potential lineups is that he is a Free Agent and is not even on our roster right now unless I missed where we signed him
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:20 pm
Totally forgot about Powell. He'll be re-signed most likely. Definitely would like to see more of Powell if KG comes.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:24 pm
I think that he has played himself another year with us in the summer league. 10 ppg and 9 rpg could help us in the regular season. I would feel comfortable with Lasme if they think he is going to be better this year than Powell, but I think that Powell can be that tough rebounder that we need if they play him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:51 pm
One reason why I think that Fitzgerald might be right is this: have you heard anything about Garnett within the past week or so? I havent. You know that Minnesota is trying to shop him around, and if a team got involved in a trade you would know about it. I think that it is already set up and no one else can offer anything for him, or at the very least, wont be able to give what the Warriors are giving.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:06 pm
I agree sf. The whole situation is very fishy to say the least.
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:19 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Bob Fitzgerald is talking on KNBR hinting that the Warriors have a deal for Garnett all set out.

He is hinting this:
1) trade our 10 million trade exemption for Troy Hudson

2)Brandon Wright, Al Harrington, and Monta Ellis + throw in --> Kevin Garnett

Too much for Garnett! Even if he did resign longterm. Monta is a star already and only going to get better. Replace him with O'bryant and throw in a future 1st rounder or two even but not Monta.

This trade goes down, Mullin has taken on some serious salary and, in the case of Hudson, longterm and he in no way produces comparably to what he gets paid. He is no proper backup PG and is injured often as well, meaning the team would have two PGs that likely will not play much.

Talk about losing the 10 million exception for worse than nothing! Like saying Mullin trade three starters (including JRich), two of which are allstar caliber guards, for an aging superstar that can opt out of his contract after one year and expires after two.

Belinelli is also not a good choice to start at SG. The backcourt would be a disgrace! Mullin would have to sign (and he wouldn't have any salary space to do so) another good SF (Posey comes to mind) because SJackson would likely have to be the starting SG for a while at least.

Mullin would HAVE TO trade Jask and Foyle in this deal to make it look remotely reasonable and to have any chance of resigning Biedrins next offseason

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:38 pm
When I first saw the trade, that was the first thing I thought of, we would have a hole in the backcourt. Thinking about it though, Azubuike can score, Belinelli can shoot (I dont want him to start though) and Barnes, if they bring him back can do both. It is still relatively weak, but it is decent. It is overpaying, but we are overpaying for the best player in the game.

The T-Wolves dont want O'Bryant, or they would have asked for him as well. Without Ellis, this trade wouldnt work.

This trade isnt my first choice when it comes to trading for him, but they should be able to make it work.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:04 am
wow... So we are getting Garnett?????

I wonder if we all would be dissappointed we didn't get Garnett?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:43 am
Right now, I think it is more likely that we would get him than we wouldnt. It still might not happen, but I am waiting for the breaking news update on ESPN. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:44 am
You know through all this, though I am now against getting Garnett, I remember wanting to get him and a few people saying he would never be a part of the team and now look, he is coming after all!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:50 am
How things turn :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:59 am
if it happens, it wont happen for a while, like 3 weeks, since they cant trade wright for 30 after he signed.

looking over this trade, its definately giving up a lot... what if monta turns into a.i., and wright the next chris bosh? minnesota would be in great shape and wouldnt be bad for long.. i just hate giving up on young players with so much promise. i guess i'd rather give just 1 young prospect rather than bwright & ellis. but hey, good SG's are a dime a dozen, and as far as b-wright goes, we'd be "replacing him with garnett...
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:if it happens, it wont happen for a while, like 3 weeks, since they cant trade wright for 30 after he signed.

looking over this trade, its definately giving up a lot... what if monta turns into a.i., and wright the next chris bosh? minnesota would be in great shape and wouldnt be bad for long.. i just hate giving up on young players with so much promise. i guess i'd rather give just 1 young prospect rather than bwright & ellis. but hey, good SG's are a dime a dozen, and as far as b-wright goes, we'd be "replacing him with garnett...

They think that they can replace Monta, and they think that Garnett will replace Wright.

It should happen about August 6th if it does.
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 am
On realgm.com and espn.com rumors there are reports that Minnesota's owner is saying that KG wants to stay. Why would he come out and say this if a deal was already in place? He better not be trying to get more out of us because the proposed deal is about the most I would be willing to give up.

Also don't you think ESPN and a whole bunch of other sources would know if there is an agreed deal in place and they are just waiting for Wright's contract to pass 30 days. Come on with today's media this stuff would be out the day it was agreed upon. I'm still hesitant to say Garnett is coming to the W's
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:31 am
No matter how much they like to think that they do, the media doesnt know everything. You cant really beleive anything that comes out of owners and coaches mouths. Take Nellie for example. As much as I like him, he talks so much bull its funny. KG doesnt want to stay in Minnesota. He might come to the Warriors, he might not, but KG will not be back in Minnesota.

I will trust the radio guy who also happens to be their broadcaster over the owner. The owner wouldnt say what is going on anyway.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades