Bob Fitzgerald

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:39 pm
Bob Fitzgerald is talking on KNBR hinting that the Warriors have a deal for Garnett all set out.

He is hinting this:
1) trade our 10 million trade exemption for Troy Hudson

2)Brandon Wright, Al Harrington, and Monta Ellis + throw in --> Kevin Garnett
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:22 pm
That's an ideal trade. We keep Biedrins and don't even have to throw in Patrck O'Bryant. Plus, our needs for a backup point guard are solved.

If Bob Fitzgerald's done his homework, Chris Mullin has easily pulled off another home run.
Last edited by 32 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:25 pm
32 wrote:That's an ideal trade. We keep Biedrins and don't even have to throw in Patrck O'Bryant. Plus, our needs for a backup point guard are solved.

If Bob Fitzgerald's done his homework, Chris Mullin has easily pulled off another home run.

If this trade goes through, and I am sure that it will, would be awesome for us. Like you said, we dont need to trade Andris :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:26 pm
If I told any of you, before draft night, that the Warriors were going to trade (in essence) Jason Richardson, Monta Ellis, and Al Harrington for Kevin Garnett, I doubt any of you would have believed it. Think KG would have made a bigger difference against the Jazz than JRich and the MIA Monta & Al?

If Fitz is correct, THIS becomes our new lineup:

PG - Baron Davis / Troy Hudson
SG - Marco Belinelli / Kelenna Azuibuke
SF - Stephen Jackson / James Posey or Matt Barnes
PF - Kevin Garnett / Stephan Lasme
C - Andris Biedrins / Patrick O'Bryant

Viva Mullin! :D
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:29 pm
it would be an amazing deal for us. I just can't get my head around thinking about KG in a W's uni. I mean that is frikin CRAZY!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:30 pm
The inexperience at the NBA level at shooting guard is scaring me a little bit, but with Baron there it should help.

You also need to remember that Marco has been playing pro in Italy for probably four or five years, and Kelenna played three years at Kentucky in the tough SEC.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm
If we sign James Posey, you can bet he'll probably start ahead of Belinelli.

Either he or Jackson will play SG. I don't think either/or matters in Nellie's system, though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:34 pm
32 wrote:If we sign James Posey, you can bet he'll probably start ahead of Belinelli.

Either he or Jackson will play SG. I don't think either/or matters in Nellie's system, though.

I would be happy with Posey or Jackson at SG, as long as Marco gets some serious minutes. I think that he will be a superstar, and he is fun to watch. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:37 pm
I dunno about "superstar"... but Marco will definately get major minutes if we ship out Monta Ellis.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:40 pm
32 wrote:I dunno about "superstar"... but Marco will definately get major minutes if we ship out Monta Ellis.

I think that something along the lines of 15 ppg, 3 rpg, 4 apg would be a good start for him. When he gets full playing time as a starter in a few years, I am expecting 25-30 ppg (some inconsistant games) 5 rpg 6 apg.

This year he should be a great role player, but in the future, I see him as a great player.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 pm
:shock: Those numbers are a little high for me. I'm hoping he hits 15 PPG in a couple of years... and I doubt he'll ever average more than 18 or 19 PPG. 30 is off-the-charts. That's Gilbert Arenas, Kobe Bryant, and Carmelo Anthony territory... and I can't see Marco in there, as much as I wish I could.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:51 pm
32 wrote::shock: Those numbers are a little high for me. I'm hoping he hits 15 PPG in a couple of years... and I doubt he'll ever average more than 18 or 19 PPG.

Watching him in the summer league he was awesome. I know that it was the summerleague, but the shots that he was taking could have been over anyone. There isnt much you can do, anyone can do on some of his shots. He looks like he belongs in the league. He uses his skills well. He knows that he is a shooter, and he knows that everyone else knows that. The most impressive play he made was getting the ball on the perimeter, faking a three, waiting for the guy to commit to it, then go through him for a dunk. He is an awesome passer who doesnt look like he is a rookie. He looked like he is going to be good.

Granted, I need to give him some time to prove himself in front of an NBA team, but from what I saw of him so far, he looked awesome.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:01 pm
I think our lineup would be...

PG - Baron/Hudson
SG - Jackson/Belinelli/Azubuike
SF - Posey/Jackson
PF - Garnett/Lasme
C - Biedrins/Foyle/POB

As expensive as Hudson is, we would've found our backup for Baron. Signing Posey may mean that 'Buike will not get as much playing time as we thought. We may see Lasme not go to the D-League. And POB may go to the D-League, so Foyle is their most likely backup at center. So expect big minutes from Beans.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:03 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:I think our lineup would be...

PG - Baron/Hudson
SG - Jackson/Belinelli/Azubuike
SF - Posey/Jackson
PF - Garnett/Lasme
C - Biedrins/Foyle/POB

As expensive as Hudson is, we would've found our backup for Baron. Signing Posey may mean that 'Buike will not get as much playing time as we thought. We may see Lasme not go to the D-League. And POB may go to the D-League, so Foyle is their most likely backup at center. So expect big minutes from Beans.

I think that this trade would solve a lot of holes that were opened with Richardson leaving. Our guard issue would be taken care of and we get Lasme up here who can help us inside.

I think you forgot about Josh Powell who will probably play over Lasme.

Great lineup though :)

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:06 pm
I am a HUGE KG fan, but I do wonder if @ 32 if he's getting too old to run the floor like he always has. I don't get to see him often so maybe he still looks great, but how much longer can he keep it up.

As much as I give KG props for being the man, I'd like to see us get Amare over KG.

Is that insane?
Next

Return to Trades