A Busy Summer

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:32 am
32 wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:Hey 32, what about something like this..

In order to give Denver incentive, we do a sign and trade with MP going to Denver for Reggie Evans. Then we trade them our trade exemption for Camby.

They get a perimeter defender which they need badly and they get rid of Evans who is awful and his terrible contract. Maybe that would give them some incentive to make the deal.

Of course we then get that almost 5 mill evans contract for the next 3 years or so to rot on our bench, but we would have the interior defender and rebounder we need to take the next step.

Definately sounds more tangible. I just don't believe Denver will give up 12 RPG and 3 BPG for absolutely nothing. Their fans would be furious.

If it were cap space for free agency or resigning purposes, that'd be one thing. But if its just to save the owners a little cash? No fan base would go for that.

It does sound fishy considering their owner is among the richest people in the world. But I am just hypothozising based on the rumors being true.
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:25 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
32 wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:Hey 32, what about something like this..

In order to give Denver incentive, we do a sign and trade with MP going to Denver for Reggie Evans. Then we trade them our trade exemption for Camby.

They get a perimeter defender which they need badly and they get rid of Evans who is awful and his terrible contract. Maybe that would give them some incentive to make the deal.

Of course we then get that almost 5 mill evans contract for the next 3 years or so to rot on our bench, but we would have the interior defender and rebounder we need to take the next step.

Definately sounds more tangible. I just don't believe Denver will give up 12 RPG and 3 BPG for absolutely nothing. Their fans would be furious.

If it were cap space for free agency or resigning purposes, that'd be one thing. But if its just to save the owners a little cash? No fan base would go for that.

It does sound fishy considering their owner is among the richest people in the world. But I am just hypothozising based on the rumors being true.

It does sound crazy that Denver would even be thinking of getting rid of Camby just to save salary. It is just wrong from a basketball winning point of view but it is also a business and some owners may really want to make some money out of their team, instead of just using their money from other businesses to fund it

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:43 am
Yeah, but basketball owners are like politicians: you can only stuff your greedy face so long without pleasing the fans. If Denver's management were instructed to deal away Marcus Camby for cap space and imagination, Denver would be left without a real center... which would definately hurt them.

They aquired Allen Iverson to try and win, not to make money.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:01 pm
32 wrote:Yeah, but basketball owners are like politicians: you can only stuff your greedy face so long without pleasing the fans. If Denver's management were instructed to deal away Marcus Camby for cap space and imagination, Denver would be left without a real center... which would definately hurt them.

They aquired Allen Iverson to try and win, not to make money.

That definately makes sense which is why I'm leaning towards thinking that this rumour of getting rid of Camby to salary is bullshiit. I'd love to have him though :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:35 pm
We all would.

Including Denver.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Trades