A Busy Summer

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:49 am
Darko is all but a Grizzly. Pietrus will most likely be sign and traded. Matt Barnes will be playing elsewhere. Any dream of having KG in the Bay Area is just that, a dream. As the Warriors options seem to keep diminishing each day, they're up for a busy summer. What scenarios are there?

Belinelli, hopefully, will more than make up for the loss of JRich. So a SG isn't as dire as some would think. The Warriors still need a power forward to play until Brandan Wright is ready to contribute on a consistent basis. They also need a legitimate point guard to back up Baron. As much as everyone likes Ellis, he's not the future at the PG spot and is too small for the SG spot. Can we say Cuttino Mobley, Daniel Ewing, Delonte West or Luther Head? We'll see an extension for BDiddy soon or at least I hope.

1. Rumor has Pietrus going to Miami in a sign and trade deal, but there maybe a better deal out there. Toronto has shopped Calderon and have interesting in Mikael. A sign and trade deal for Calderon would be great for this team. Jose is a quick, 6'3 guard that loves to pass. He plays great defense and is pretty athletic. He loves to run which fits right into this system. Would be a great back up to Baron and can play alongside Baron at times.

2. The $10M Trade Exception - Now, the Warriors don't have to use the whole amount and could just as easily hold onto for the year and let it expire. I've heard ideas about getting Camby on this board and thats a great idea. Camby makes $8M and would be a great starting center for the Warriors. He can run, blocks a lot of shots, and is one of the better rebounders in the league. Would be a nice PF to start in front of Wright until Brandan is ready.

3. The MLE - $5.5M to spend. Who to spend it on? Azubuike can get a small part of that and would be happy with any multi-year contract.

4. Monta Ellis - What to do with this kid? Belinelli is going to take his minutes and with Jackson there, he may get very little. If the Warriors can deal the expiring contracts of Jaskevicious and the young phenom in Ellis to Milwaukee for Gadzuric. it would give the Warriors a great back up center to Biedrins. Gadz is an athletic, mobile, 7 footer than can run the floor and block shots.

Look at this line up:

PG Davis - Calderon
SG Jackson - Belinelli
SF Harrington - Azubuike
PF Camby - Wright - Powell
C Biedrins - Gadzuric - Foyle
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:59 am
LMAO!

A 7-footer at power forward? A 6'8" SG? Trade Monta for GADZURIC!?! :mrgreen:

Looks like a Nellieball lineup to me. ::lol: I think broe may have been right to revoke the Guru status...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:24 pm
1. I like the trade for Calderon, but I am not sure that Toronto would do it. He could be the quality backup that they need at point and could give us some guard depth.

2. You think that they will just give us Camby :?
He would be a center for us anyway. He wouldnt be a power forward.

3. MATT BARNES!

4. I think that you have this backwards. Belinelli wont take Ellis' minutes. Ellis will take Marco's. Jackson wont touch the shooting guard spot this year, and Ellis is important to the team. If you need to trade him, you can get a much better player then Gadzuric.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:42 pm
Agreed. The Calderon deal looks appealing because we get something back for MP (and, as it stands, I'd be happy just letting him go), but everything else doesn't make a lotta sense.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:00 pm
Calderon would be a great sign and trade for MP. But does Toronto still have interest in MP after signing Kapono???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:09 pm
Here is my revised ideal scenario:

*Sign and trade MP to Toronto for Calderon
*Trade our 10mil trade exception to Denver for Camby
*Resign Barnes and Azu
*Use our low level bi-annual exception for Mikki Moore or Melvin Ely

PG: BD/Calderon/Bellie
SG: Monta/Bellie/Azu
SF: Jax/Barnes/Azu
PF: Harrington/Wright/Moore
C: Camby/Biedrins

That would be my 12 man active roster.

edit: I see that Moore rejected the Nets 3 year 10 million dollar deal. In that case, screw him. I know most of you dont like Ely but he is an athletic frount court player that can be had cheap and just provide depth when foul problems occur.

All of these are somewhat realistic opportunites. Yet to be seen whether the rumors are true of Denver shopping Camby for salary relief. Lots of "if's" here but I would rather see this lineup then trading half our team for KG. I just dont want to see Monta AND AB AND Harrington in a trade for KG. That is just too high of a price.
Last edited by bada on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:15 pm
I agree with you completely on the Garnett thing. Dont trade your future for him

1) I love that trade but like I said, I dont know if Toronto would want him anymore. If they do that is a great trade for us. I would get rid of him for a rock :)

2) I still dont think that Denver would just give him away. If they would give him away, that is another great trade, as long as he stays at center. He could help our rebounding and shotblocking and we all know we need help with that.

3) I would resign Azu easy, but dont resign Barnes if he wants to much. Dont be afraid to let him walk. If he is not asking a rediculous about of money, take him. He is a great player.

4) I love Mikki Moore, but he will also want to much money for us. If he doesnt want to much, grab him as well. I would rather have Moore than Ely.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:23 pm
I dont think Denver will just drop Camby, either.

Its one thing to shop a guy around... its quite another to trade him for nothing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:39 pm
32 wrote:I dont think Denver will just drop Camby, either.

Its one thing to shop a guy around... its quite another to trade him for nothing.

It is not for NOTHING. At least in the owners eyes. They are already at 77 million in salaries for this upcoming season. That is over 10 million over the luxury tax. Meaning the owner will owe another 10 million. He supposedly has ORDERED management to get under the tax threshold.

You cant do anything with AI or Martin, and you certainly are not going to move Melo, that leaves Camby. If they traded Camby to us for our trade exception, that would save him 16 million dollars this year, and give him more cap room for the next two years!

That is NOT nothing. If he makes a trade for players, then he is in the same boat luxury tax wise.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:48 pm
Have the Warriors been rumored to get Camby or is this wishful thinking? He is a great player who can help us if we really do want him.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:56 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Have the Warriors been rumored to get Camby or is this wishful thinking? He is a great player who can help us if we really do want him.

I have heard nothing linking W's to Camby. I just remember reading in a couple different newspaper articles saying that Stanley Kroenke has made it clear to management that they must get under the luxury tax threshold. This led to several sources around the league to speculate that Camby would be the only one that could make that happen.

I have heard elsewhere that teams have had discussions with the Nuggets about Camby. So the Warriors involvment is my wishful thinking but there may be truth to the fact that Camby can be had for salary relief.

If that is TRULY the case, then Mully needs to be calling them every 5 min!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:58 pm
Marcus Camby is a huge part of Denver's success. Even if ownership wants to get under the salary cap, they'll trade Nene before they trade Camby.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:01 pm
Calderon would be a steal, but I doubt Toronto wants that.

I agree with Badabing that Camby isn't totally unfeasible, since money talks and 10 million is still 10 million in managements eyes. It would be a lot easier if he didn't win DPOY.

Barnes will probably take up the MLE and if we can't we'll probably pay Moore the money he wants. I think we can still resign Kelenna for cheap.

I have to go to ER now - I ruptured my spleen laughing at that Monta Ellis/Dan Gadzuric deal. You sure you aren't the Milwaukee Bucks Guru?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:05 pm
It seems like if the Nuggets were trying to get rid of Camby, they wouldnt trade him to a team in their confrence if they could help it. If they are trading him just to get rid of his contract, he will probably go to an eastern confrence team.

I think that if they warriors were to add a draft pick it would make it more likely that he would come to us, and i would love to see him in a warriors uniform.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:11 pm
32 wrote:Marcus Camby is a huge part of Denver's success. Even if ownership wants to get under the salary cap, they'll trade Nene before they trade Camby.

Well of course they would 32, but what team in their right mind would pick up Nene's 50.4 million over the next 4 years without giving back contracts in return???

Nene is middle of the road player with a long term fat contract. Nobody is going to absorb that without giving back salaries.

Return to Trades