Dream Acquisitions that are possible

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What do you think of this lineup and what chance do you think of Mullin being able to pull it off

1. Championship caliber lineup/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
2. Championship caliber lineup/Next to no chance of being able to happen
40%
3. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
4. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Next to no chance of being able to happen
13%
5. Average lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off
7%
6. Average lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off
No votes
7. Awful lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
8. Awful lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
9. No, go for Garnett and only one year of security
13%
10. Keep BWright and hope that the current roster wins it all
No votes

Total votes : 15

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:22 pm
32 wrote:I think we could be a 3-seed. Kevin Garnett plays 80 games a year and he's better than Baron Davis. Taking the load off Baron's back means he'll stya healthier. If the two play 80 and 65 games, respectively, the Warriors are a 3-seed. Easy.

Are you thinking:

1)Spurs
2)Suns
3)Warriors
4)Mavs

What order do you think we will fall?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:29 pm
I think the wind is out of Dallas' sails. They won 67 games and still had to watch (virtually) the entire NBA playoffs at home.

1) Suns
2) Spurs
3) Warriors (with KG)
4) Mavs
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm
32 wrote:I think the wind is out of Dallas' sails. They won 67 games and still had to watch (virtually) the entire NBA playoffs at home.

1) Suns
2) Spurs
3) Warriors (with KG)
4) Mavs

They got the hell embarassed out of them and it was fun to watch. I dispise Mark Cuban, I hate Dirk, and I think that Devin Harris is a little girl who flops constantly.

For all I care the Mavs could finish in last this year, and I would have fun watching it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:36 pm
Well, they still have talent... although, it's tough to recover from THIS.

I mean, they dropped a 2-game lead in the NBA Finals... then get knocked out by a rival, 8th seed team in the 1st round. AND Stackhouse just got paid, so he won't be playing Superman anymore.

The Mavs need some new blood. Nothing extreme; but going after a new PG to run the system would do wonders for them. The short term effects of Jason Kidd would be major, if they could swing him in a deal... THEN they'd be shoe-ins for the NBA title.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:38 pm
The fact that we own them will start up a huge rivalry. Mavs fans hate the Warriors and Warriors fans hate Dallas. It will be fun this year, especially if we got KG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:39 pm
If we get KG, Dallas is in serious trouble. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:55 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The fact that we own them will start up a huge rivalry. Mavs fans hate the Warriors and Warriors fans hate Dallas. It will be fun this year, especially if we got KG.

Reminds me of the Cowboys and Niners. Warriors and Mavs? A's and Rangers. Sharks and Stars. How about that? The bay area hates Dallas, Dallas hates the bay. Alrighhttt.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The fact that we own them will start up a huge rivalry. Mavs fans hate the Warriors and Warriors fans hate Dallas. It will be fun this year, especially if we got KG.

Reminds me of the Cowboys and Niners. Warriors and Mavs? A's and Rangers. Sharks and Stars. How about that? The bay area hates Dallas, Dallas hates the bay. Alrighhttt.

"Mama's dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys." :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin won't give him Monta, Biedrins as well as BWright. He doesn't have to either, it is McHale in the awkward positin of trading the superstar that wants out. BWright and Harrington are very good talent and Harrington is still young. O'bryant is a question mark as whether he'll ever be good but there is always the chance he will be and the TWolves need a center desperately, making him more valuable.

Awkward situation?

#1, Golden State is not Minnesota's only option. If Mullin doesn't wanna play by the rules McHale's putting out there, I'm sure the Timberwolves have no problem exploring other options. There's no shortage of suitors in the race for KG.

#2, you're acting like teams aren't willing to throw half their roster at Minnesota for a chance at KG. Phoenix was willing to give up Amare Stoudamire for him. You think we'd have a shot with Brandan Wright and Adonal Foyle!?

McHale wants young talent and expirers, as I said before. He has a young core of Foye McCants and now Brewer that he wants to build around and add to. He certainly doesn't want to get huge longterm contracts otherwise he would have done a deal straight up with Phoenix for Amare. No other team has the young talent to give up while still remaining a contender like the Warriors. Garnett wants to go to a contender

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:39 pm
Hate to burst your bubble, chief, but Amare Stoudamire is a "young talent".

And I seriously doubt the Timberwolves would have any reservations about paying his bill. He's a drop-off from Garnett's money, so they improve either way.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:27 pm
32 wrote:Hate to burst your bubble, chief, but Amare Stoudamire is a "young talent".

And I seriously doubt the Timberwolves would have any reservations about paying his bill. He's a drop-off from Garnett's money, so they improve either way.

Well, McHale would have demanded that Amare and filers be traded to him and not Atlanta some two weeks ago :wink:

If Phoenix wants Garnett that bad, which they do if they were wiling to trade Amare for him, they would have no reservations about trading him to Minnesota, same conference or not as KG remains in the West as well.
McHale has made it obvious he doesn't want big contracts that are very long term, like Amare's, that is the reason why he didn't want Amare in the first place. He is rebuilding with young talent and getting players like BWright and Monta is exactly what he wants. Expirers like Jask and Foyle only make it better for the TWolves to resign their young players over the next 3 years, as well as go ater some big time free agents that come out next offseason

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:01 pm
migya wrote:Well, McHale would have demanded that Amare and filers be traded to him and not Atlanta some two weeks ago :wink:

The 3rd and 11th pick were (and are) more interesting to Minnesota than Amare Stoudamire. Al Hortford is a stud and Acie Law isn't bad, either.

But the TWolves would still take Amare over our trash. Any day of the week.

Amare > Foyle, Cabbage, and Brandon Wright :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:31 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Well, McHale would have demanded that Amare and filers be traded to him and not Atlanta some two weeks ago :wink:

The 3rd and 11th pick were (and are) more interesting to Minnesota than Amare Stoudamire. Al Hortford is a stud and Acie Law isn't bad, either.

Untested draft picks are NEVER as interesting as an established superstar big! McHale didn't accept getting Amare because he wants young talent, simple as that

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:56 am
migya wrote:Untested draft picks are NEVER as
interesting as an established superstar big! [/quote]

If you want to save costs, they are.

migya wrote:McHale didn't accept getting Amare because he wants young talent, simple as that

That's Amare. He has a ton of talent and he's still pretty young. McHale is just retarded and clueless. Don't look for any logic in his moves. I guess he just wanted to add young and cheap talent. Even if it makes no sense.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:09 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Untested draft picks are NEVER as interesting as an established superstar big!

If you want to save costs, they are.

migya wrote:McHale didn't accept getting Amare because he wants young talent, simple as that

That's Amare. He has a ton of talent and he's still pretty young. McHale is just retarded and clueless. Don't look for any logic in his moves. I guess he just wanted to add young and cheap talent. Even if it makes no sense.

Which is why BWright and Monta (young, very cheap and already established) are more interesting to McHale.

McHale is pretty bad but he wants young cheap talent right now to rebuild with. Amare is paid far too much for McHale's liking right now

PreviousNext

Return to Trades