Dream Acquisitions that are possible

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What do you think of this lineup and what chance do you think of Mullin being able to pull it off

1. Championship caliber lineup/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
2. Championship caliber lineup/Next to no chance of being able to happen
40%
3. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
4. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Next to no chance of being able to happen
13%
5. Average lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off
7%
6. Average lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off
No votes
7. Awful lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
8. Awful lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
9. No, go for Garnett and only one year of security
13%
10. Keep BWright and hope that the current roster wins it all
No votes

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:23 am
JayPat wrote:
32 wrote:Absolutely no chance of this happening.

The Warriors lose all their trash (Foyle, Cabbage) along with their expendable pieces (O'Bryant, Harrington) and, somehow, come back with Amare (among other talented Suns, like James Jones)?

Giant f'ing pipe dream. Sorry if that burts anyone's bubble.

I agree. Why would Minnesota wanna take all our crap? They want young players, but not packaged w/ high-salary garbage like Foyle.

I've written more than once why McHale wants expiring and very soon to be expiring contracts! Read the whole thread

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:46 am
McHale can get talent AND expires for Garnett. He doesn't strictly need for Garnett's money to be off the books; he'd like to come away with potentially great young kids to build on, too. You're just being stubborn about another bad trade idea.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 am
32 wrote:McHale can get talent AND expires for Garnett. He doesn't strictly need for Garnett's money to be off the books; he'd like to come away with potentially great young kids to build on, too. You're just being stubborn about another bad trade idea.

BWright, Harrington and O'bryant (alright, maybe not O'bryant :mrgreen: ) are great young talents! Getting 4 million bucks off the books after next season and then some 10 million after the following season would be great for McHale and as I've said, he can use that money to help resign young players (McCants, Foye, O'bryant, Brewer and BWright)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:05 am
No. Its a pipe dream. McHale wants Biedrins, Wright, AND Monta Ellis. Like hell he's gonna settle for ONLY Wright (who hasn't even played an NBA game).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:32 pm
Mullin won't give him Monta, Biedrins as well as BWright. He doesn't have to either, it is McHale in the awkward positin of trading the superstar that wants out. BWright and Harrington are very good talent and Harrington is still young. O'bryant is a question mark as whether he'll ever be good but there is always the chance he will be and the TWolves need a center desperately, making him more valuable.

McHale will also be able to target one or two free agents next offseason if he likes, something he wouldn't be able to do if he had both Monta and Biedrins to resign.

Interestingly enough, both Mullin and McHale (if the trade did end up being Monta and Biedrins for Garnett) could find themselves losing the players they have attained to free agency

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:00 pm
I would be willing to give up Monta, but DO NOT GIVE UP ANDRIS! :evil:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:32 pm
If Mullin gives up Monta the backcourt is screwed unless he resigns Pietrus AND Azu plays well or another freeagent guard is picked up

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:32 am
I wouldn't give up Monta and Andris, I would keep both. They are one of the main reasons we played so good last season. In my opinion we could give away Harrington, Pietrus and Foyle, even Jasikevicius.

With all the information I get here in Germany, I think these are the guys to keep/ to sell.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:40 pm
Monta and Biedrins were two of the most valuable 4 players of the team all of last season. Monta stepped up in the absence of JRich and a few times when Baron was also injured. He showed he is a very good scorer and a combo guard that does what is needed pretty well. Biedrins was, to me, the most valuable player the first half of last season, especially the first two months. He was the cog in the middle that did the dirty work and made that much of a difference that made the team win alot more games than they would have without him. The youth of both Monta and Biedrins makes them have very high value and both in a Garnett trade is too much to give

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:45 am
migya wrote:Mullin won't give him Monta, Biedrins as well as BWright. He doesn't have to either, it is McHale in the awkward positin of trading the superstar that wants out. BWright and Harrington are very good talent and Harrington is still young. O'bryant is a question mark as whether he'll ever be good but there is always the chance he will be and the TWolves need a center desperately, making him more valuable.

Awkward situation?

#1, Golden State is not Minnesota's only option. If Mullin doesn't wanna play by the rules McHale's putting out there, I'm sure the Timberwolves have no problem exploring other options. There's no shortage of suitors in the race for KG.

#2, you're acting like teams aren't willing to throw half their roster at Minnesota for a chance at KG. Phoenix was willing to give up Amare Stoudamire for him. You think we'd have a shot with Brandan Wright and Adonal Foyle!?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:05 pm
ActionJackson wrote:I wouldn't give up Monta and Andris, I would keep both. They are one of the main reasons we played so good last season. In my opinion we could give away Harrington, Pietrus and Foyle, even Jasikevicius.

With all the information I get here in Germany, I think these are the guys to keep/ to sell.

Something needs to happen to get them over the top. Right now, they are a worse team this year then they were last year because of the Richardson trade. I said this year.. Two, three years down the road, they will get the better end of the deal, but something needs to happen. Be it a couple of good free agents, or a trade for a superstar, something needs to happen, and it probably will happen. I would be willing to give up Monta, but under no circumstances do you give up Andris.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:29 pm
32 wrote:Awkward situation?

#1, Golden State is not Minnesota's only option.

Exactly what I've been saying in all these "trade for KG" threads. He's so expensive that it's not worth it. We have to take over his enormous salary and, at the same time, offer something interesting enough for Minny to take it above any other offer.

IMHO, if we do that, we become the new T'Wolves... A team with no present and no future.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:35 pm
Here's where I differ with you: put Baron Davis on the current Timberwolves squad with KG, and they'll be a 6th seed.

Baron and KG, together, is an amazing combination. Keep in mind we'll still have Jackson, Belinelli, Biedrins/Harrington, and (if all goes well) James Posey ON TOP of the Garnett/Baron combo.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:11 pm
32 wrote:Here's where I differ with you: put Baron Davis on the current Timberwolves squad with KG, and they'll be a 6th seed.

Baron and KG, together, is an amazing combination. Keep in mind we'll still have Jackson, Belinelli, Biedrins/Harrington, and (if all goes well) James Posey ON TOP of the Garnett/Baron combo.

I think that with that lineup (With Barnes) we could be a four-five-six seed.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:19 pm
I think we could be a 3-seed. Kevin Garnett plays 80 games a year and he's better than Baron Davis. Taking the load off Baron's back means he'll stya healthier. If the two play 80 and 65 games, respectively, the Warriors are a 3-seed. Easy.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades