Dream Acquisitions that are possible

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What do you think of this lineup and what chance do you think of Mullin being able to pull it off

1. Championship caliber lineup/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
2. Championship caliber lineup/Next to no chance of being able to happen
40%
3. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
4. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Next to no chance of being able to happen
13%
5. Average lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off
7%
6. Average lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off
No votes
7. Awful lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
8. Awful lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
9. No, go for Garnett and only one year of security
13%
10. Keep BWright and hope that the current roster wins it all
No votes

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:57 am
Amare isn't much older than Wright or Monta... and he's currently far more talented. Any team would rather take Amare, including the TWolves.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:44 pm
Which is why McHale didn't go for him before :wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:05 pm
WHO THE HELL THINKS THAT AMARE IS GOING ANYWHERE WEST? WHO THE HELL THINKS HES GOING ANYWHERE??? sorry migya i love your stuff but this trade is rediculous.... Amare is going nowhere. The was one rumor he night go to ATL, THATS IT hes gotno chance of coming here or anywhere in the western conference and almost no chance of leaving phoenix
I give MC's the runs... drippin'...
~

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:19 pm
Duh :!:
migya likes to play fantasy GM..
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:32 pm
tallboy12321 wrote:WHO THE HELL THINKS THAT AMARE IS GOING ANYWHERE WEST? WHO THE HELL THINKS HES GOING ANYWHERE??? sorry migya i love your stuff but this trade is rediculous.... Amare is going nowhere. The was one rumor he night go to ATL, THATS IT hes gotno chance of coming here or anywhere in the western conference and almost no chance of leaving phoenix

Yep. Why the hell would you trade young talent like Amare to your own division rival? Yet alone... anywhere else in the West? He's young talent that's waiting to explode... why would you keep him the same conference as yours and let him go off on you for the next, I don't know... 10-12 years?? Amare is the type of player you trade away ONLY if you get a player of his caliber in return.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:11 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
tallboy12321 wrote:WHO THE HELL THINKS THAT AMARE IS GOING ANYWHERE WEST? WHO THE HELL THINKS HES GOING ANYWHERE??? sorry migya i love your stuff but this trade is rediculous.... Amare is going nowhere. The was one rumor he night go to ATL, THATS IT hes gotno chance of coming here or anywhere in the western conference and almost no chance of leaving phoenix

Yep. Why the hell would you trade young talent like Amare to your own division rival? Yet alone... anywhere else in the West? He's young talent that's waiting to explode... why would you keep him the same conference as yours and let him go off on you for the next, I don't know... 10-12 years?? Amare is the type of player you trade away ONLY if you get a player of his caliber in return.

You wouldnt say that KG is in Amare's caliber?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:36 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

I would say that KG is higher than Amare... it's just that he can only give you 3-4 years of solid play before he becomes like Shaq while Amare gives them 10-12 years.

Honestly... the Suns to need to win NOW because just like Baron, Nash isn't going to get any younger. KG gives them a better chance at winning than Amare IMO.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:32 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

I would say that KG is higher than Amare... it's just that he can only give you 3-4 years of solid play before he becomes like Shaq while Amare gives them 10-12 years.

Honestly... the Suns to need to win NOW because just like Baron, Nash isn't going to get any younger. KG gives them a better chance at winning than Amare IMO.

:evil: You stole what I was going to say next!!! :evil:

Great point. :wink:

They want to win now, and to do so, they need Garnett.

Even though the trade is a stretch, it isnt out of the question. I would MUCH rather have Amare than KG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:31 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

:evil: You stole what I was going to say next!!! :evil:

Great point. :wink:

They want to win now, and to do so, they need Garnett.

Even though the trade is a stretch, it isnt out of the question. I would MUCH rather have Amare than KG.

Well said. People that think Phoenix won't get rid of Amare becasue he is a superstar need to understand that they would be getting a superstar in return, one that they have shown they would rather have over Amare. Trading him to another West team is undesirable but McHale would be trading KG to another West team himself, so that's the price you pay to get who you want.

I'd rather have Amare, more for the security and youth issues than anything else. He has proven he is great in the run and gun system already

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:Duh :!:
migya likes to play fantasy GM..

You were ranting this one and two years ago when I was going on about getting Garnett and now it is a real possibility :wink:

Broe likes to hate :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:08 am

:D :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Trades