Dream Acquisitions that are possible

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What do you think of this lineup and what chance do you think of Mullin being able to pull it off

1. Championship caliber lineup/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
2. Championship caliber lineup/Next to no chance of being able to happen
40%
3. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Great chance of being able to happen
13%
4. Great lineup but not a championship caliber one/Next to no chance of being able to happen
13%
5. Average lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off
7%
6. Average lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off
No votes
7. Awful lineup/Great chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
8. Awful lineup/Next to no chance of Mullin pulling it off though
No votes
9. No, go for Garnett and only one year of security
13%
10. Keep BWright and hope that the current roster wins it all
No votes

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:57 am
If Mullin can pull this off, he will have made proved himself to be one of the most genius GMs ever:

Trade exception to Denver for Camby - Now is the perfect time to get such a great player. Denver is shopping him to save salary (dumb fools) and the reining Defensive Player of the Year would fill the team's most glaring needs of rebounding and defense. Between 1 and 2 million of the trade exception is kept and likely let expire.

Three team trade with Phoenix and Minnesota:
Warriors send BWright, O'bryant, Harrington, Jask and Foyle to TWolves.
TWolves send Garnett to Suns.
Suns send Amare, Banks and James Jones to Warriors.
Firstly, the fact that McHale was willing to get just the Hawks #3 and #11 picks, along with fillers ofcourse (likely Speedy Claxton and some others), shows that he wants to rebuild with young talented players. Jask is an expirer and Foyle has a team option in two years so is an expirer in two years. This allows McHale to resign his young players much easier (after the trade would be McCants, Foye, O'bryant, Brewer and BWright in order of resigning).
Garnett has a great friendship with Steve Nash and wants to go to Phoenix above all else because they are already a championship caliber team. Mullin can cash in on all this and get Amare (long term contract that is much cheaper than Garnett's and is also much younger), Banks (great backup PG) and James Jones (He is still on the Suns roster, even though it was said he was traded to Portland on draft night. If he was, some other filler then but if he is available, he would replace Pietrus well).

Conclusion - Mullin would make the team complete.
Lineup:
PG - Baron/Banks
SG - Monta/Belinelli/Azu
SF - SJackson/JJones or other Phoenix bench SF
PF - Amare/Powell/Lasme
C - Camby/Biedrins

Great lineup that is championship caliber to say the least. The only awkward thing is having Biedrins, a very good contibutor, coming off the bench. I'd go as far as to trade Biedrins instead of O'bryant in the three team trade and O'bryant can be the backup Center

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:16 am
Not a single chance it happens. The KG deal COULD happen if he forces a trade (he won't. He'll be a free agent next season, and he'll be able to sign anywhere then), but the Camby part is just ridiculous. Denver won't allow him to go for free. They'll have to either get some young good players in return or ship K-Mart in the same deal.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:20 am
Well if Denver got the trade exception, they could use it to get younger talent that is cheaper. It is ridiculous that Denver is even thinking about trading Camby to save salary but that's what is being said and by getting players that add up to his salary in return, they are not saving money now are they. The trade exception could expire and they save money that way

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:29 am
TMC, yes, it does sound crazy but every indication is that they have been ordered by the owner to get under the luxury tax threshold. Yes, they would love to get rid of Kmart's contract but they know that is next to impossible.

Talk is they realize Camby is the only real option as they are committed to Melo and AI. They was SALARY reduction, not to try to make their team better by aquiring equal salaries back. Not saying it will happen, but if this talk it true, this is a golden opportunity to aquire exactly what we need without giving up any players.

He is an injury risk for sure, but without giving up talent, it is the perfect risk for us.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:25 pm
Wheres the non of the above option?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:36 pm
You want something else? Like what. Think I've covered the options or do you want to go after some other freeagents

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:46 pm
migya wrote:You want something else? Like what. Think I've covered the options or do you want to go after some other freeagents

I was joking man.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:49 pm
Money wrote:
migya wrote:You want something else? Like what. Think I've covered the options or do you want to go after some other freeagents

I was joking man.

Alrighty then :wink:
You don't think it is championship caliber though, why is that

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm
Absolutely no chance of this happening.

The Warriors lose all their trash (Foyle, Cabbage) along with their expendable pieces (O'Bryant, Harrington) and, somehow, come back with Amare (among other talented Suns, like James Jones)?

Giant f'ing pipe dream. Sorry if that burts anyone's bubble.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:51 pm
migya wrote:
Money wrote:

I was joking man.

It would be championship caliber, theres alot of options thats all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:15 am
Money wrote:
migya wrote:
Money wrote:

I was joking man.

It would be championship caliber, theres alot of options thats all.

What options are you talking about? Do you mean going after other players. Reckon this lineup is complete and would be difficult to add anyone else

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:32 am
I picked the KG one, because its the most likely and i only want 1 year of security. :shock:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:26 am
I will make sure never to consider you for any CEO positions should I ever own a company :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:13 am
:roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:36 am
32 wrote:Absolutely no chance of this happening.

The Warriors lose all their trash (Foyle, Cabbage) along with their expendable pieces (O'Bryant, Harrington) and, somehow, come back with Amare (among other talented Suns, like James Jones)?

Giant f'ing pipe dream. Sorry if that burts anyone's bubble.

I agree. Why would Minnesota wanna take all our crap? They want young players, but not packaged w/ high-salary garbage like Foyle.
Next

Return to Trades