Mavs want KG

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:57 am
Mark Cuban is confirming on the record to DallasBasketball.com that he is involving the Mavs in the Kevin Garnett Sweepstakes "because this is about trying to be opportunistic,’’ says the team owner, adding that Dallas’ willingness to pursue this deal is not a permanent change in overall philosophy but rather something "dependent on the situation.’’

Breaking Down Rumors: Dallas Mavericks Interested In Kevin Garnett, Josh Howard & Devin Harris To Minnesota Timberwolves?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:15 am
Josh Howard seems like the best offer Minnesota's gotten so far, even above Atlanta's picks. Adding in Devin Harris might do the trick...

But then what? Have one of the league's top 3 PF's on the bench? Neither Garnett nor Dirk wants to play center, so unless KG's going back to the 3 (which is doubtful, seeing as he's getting 13 rebounds a game), this won't work out. Dallas might be better off trading Dirk, straight-up, for KG...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:49 am
Everyone want Garnett. He isn't going to Dallas

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:24 pm
They wanted him at the deadline last year... And the trade didn't involve Josh Howard. Obviously, Minny balked out at the last second.

They probably would have gone for this trade back then, but after drafting Brewer, Howard ain't much of a need for Minny.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:05 pm
Dallas doesn't have many pieces the TWolves would want. McHale really is going for youth to rebuild and the Mavs don't have any to give

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:48 pm
Devin Harris is pretty damn young. So's Josh Howard. Both players haven't even hit their prime yet. Thats the best package I've heard for Garnett yet.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:04 pm
McHale looks like he wants either rookies or guys that have only played one or two years. JHoward is really good but the TWolvesare loaded with SFs so he doesn't fit.

Harrington, BWright and O'bryant, along with salary fillers, are much better than JHoward and Devin Harris. Better by alot

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:12 pm
32 wrote:Devin Harris is pretty damn young. So's Josh Howard. Both players haven't even hit their prime yet. Thats the best package I've heard for Garnett yet.

If i was Minny I would rather have Monta and Wright with expiring contracts. But Howard is a STUD already so thats a safer deal. I like Devon Harris, he showed another level when he played us.

Depends on contracts situation too. How much is Howard getting?

Id say Monta and Wright is a 94% deal.
Howard and Harris is a 92% deal.

I just think Monta and Wright both have potential be be Stars like Howard is. I dont think Harris has as much potential as Monta.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:50 pm
Josh Howard is a stud. if it was him and haris, the warriors would have to offer Biedrins, which i dont want to give up.

al, wright, next years number 1, POB.....

might need to swop monta for al tho, sadly
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:42 am
Money wrote:Depends on contracts situation too. How much is Howard getting?

It's not even close. Dallas would be $10 million short. They'd have to add a few fillers.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:10 am
tl95121 wrote:Josh Howard is a stud. if it was him and haris, the warriors would have to offer Biedrins, which i dont want to give up.

al, wright, next years number 1, POB.....

might need to swop monta for al tho, sadly

JHoward is a stud but the TWolves have RDavis, Brewer and Hassell at SF. McHale is looking to rebuild with young talent and he is in need of a PF to replace Garnett when he is traded and a center as well. Mullin can offer all that in one package of Harrington, BWright, O'bryant and fillers, like Jask

Return to Trades