Gasol trade AGAIN.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:50 am
32 wrote:
Money wrote:
32 wrote:I agree with TMC; I like Chicago's offer a lot more.

You really like Nocioni, Noah and Duhon "alot more" than Harrington, BWright, and POB? I see it as Harrington>>>Nocioni, BWright>>>>>>Noah, and POB<<Duhon.

each his own i guess.

I think Nocioni is just as good as Harrington and Noah has just as much potential as Wright.

That means the tie-breaker is Duhon versus Sarunas and O'Bryant... at which point, I believe the Wolves would rather not take on Sarunas' contract when Duhon puts out better production.

Then BWright doesn't have much potential :wink:
Mullin holds the aces to get the star big he wants, just which one is the thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:51 am
How do you figure Brandan Wright doesn't have an absolute mountain of potential...?

And please don't quote Draft Express, if you want me to take you seriously.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am
BWright does have alot of potential, it is Noah that does not :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:00 am
Joakim Noah is a decent prospect, but there's definately a reason he dropped to #9 (after being toted as a possible #1 pick as little as 2 years ago).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:07 am
Noah has no skills really. He looks like a certain bust and will only ever be decent with a defined role, like getting rebounds and applying defensive pressure for 10-15 minutes a game.

That offer by Chicago for gasol is awful

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:50 pm
Okay... now you've totally lost me. Noah is a high-energy forward with insane ups who can rebound and defend. Those sound like pretty damn good skills, to me.

Just because he'll most likely never be a star doesn't mean he won't be valuable. Noah is a post-game away from being start-worthy in the NBA.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:24 pm
32 wrote:I think Nocioni is just as good as Harrington and Noah has just as much potential as Wright.

I can see Nocioni being as good as Harirngton. But Noah having as much potential as Wright? Ouch, I know migya says black and you say white and vice versa, but cmon man Noah is not near Wright potential. So either you have ridiculously high hopes for Noah, or your not as high on Wright as i thought you were. Potentially Noah at best is one dimensional, Potentially Wright can dominate both sides the ball.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:23 pm
Wright definately had more upside, but I think Noah is more of a sure-thing. He's ready to run up and down the floor without as much additional physical training. He's 2 inches taller than Brandan and over 20 pounds heavier. They both need to beef up, but Noah doesn't have as far to go as Wright. That's why I said their potential is the same.

As far as what they could turn into, like you said, Wright has Bosh potential, whereas Noah is B-list material, at the very most. But I still think he's a decent prospect.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:26 pm
Apparently, the Grizzlies are talking with Varejao... and I can't see a big drop off from Noah to Varejao.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:14 pm
32 wrote:Wright definately had more upside, but I think Noah is more of a sure-thing. He's ready to run up and down the floor without as much additional physical training. He's 2 inches taller than Brandan and over 20 pounds heavier. They both need to beef up, but Noah doesn't have as far to go as Wright. That's why I said their potential is the same.

As far as what they could turn into, like you said, Wright has Bosh potential, whereas Noah is B-list material, at the very most. But I still think he's a decent prospect.

I agree. but since they already have Swift and they would be trading Gasol, id assume theyd want a prospect PF who has the potential to be an inside scorer.

And i doubt Duhon or Sarunas get much run on that team behind Conley and Mighty Mouse. Both would be salary fillers.

Id love Gasol on this team. He would be able to nuetralize Duncan and Stoudamire and our guards should be able to dominate the other guard/sf tandems in the West. [-o<
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:37 pm
Gasol would be nice... :?

KG would be better. :thumbleft:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:01 pm
I'd take Nocioni over Harrington personally.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:08 pm
Noah is nothing and will never be anything in the nba. He didn't even improve from his second last season in college to his last season. The guy has reached his potential already.

As for the Grizz talking to Varejao; They should spend their money on a more complete PF if Gasol is going to leave because they will be let with noone inside that can create for themselves and others.

Gasol would be real nice, second best fit to Amare

Previous

Return to Trades