Gasol trade AGAIN.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:53 pm
Looks like CHI is offering Nocioni, Duhon and Noah for Gasol.

Can we offer a better package? And still have a better team.

I think BWright, Harrington, Sarunas (expirer), POB for Gasol and Atkins.

We giving up alot but we can win now and later (keeping Monta and AB).

Grizzles new line-up

PG. Conley Jr
SG. Gay, Miller
SF. Harrington, Miller
PF. Wright
C. Swift, POB

not bad.

W'z new lineup

PG. Baron, Atkins
SG. Monta, Belly
SF. SJAX, Barnes (MLE)
PF. Gasol
C. AB

We still have 10 mil TE to grab a backup PF/C.

I like it more than giving half our starters for KG.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:25 pm
Well, I think they'd rather trade him to Chicago. It's not like our offer would be bad, but I'm sure they'd rather send him to the east...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:28 pm
TMC wrote:Well, I think they'd rather trade him to Chicago. It's not like our offer would be bad, but I'm sure they'd rather send him to the east...

I agree if offers are close they'd want him out East, but what offer do you think is better? I think Harirngton and Wright is a huge improvement over Nocioni and Noah. But i could bias. And would you do it if you were GM?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:27 pm
i hate Gasol and he cant run through what i believe
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:16 pm
Chicago is banking on desperation of the Grizzlies. They wouldn't give them both Gordon and Deng a few months ago and the Grizz wouldn't accept a package with just one of them and now they aren't even offerinf one of them in this package. Not going to happen.

That proposed offer from us is much better for Memphis and they would go for it in a heart beat. It still is giving too much. Harrington, BWright and O'bryant is more than enough, add Jask for salary purposes if needed. I've been interested in Gasol all along but Mullin seems to have his sights on Garnett and Garnett only. He seems blind to the fact that with Gasol or Amare, you get just as capable of a player that is much younger. Gasol next to Biedrins would be real nice as well. Keeping Monta and Biedrins is essential and they both can be kept

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:13 pm
I agree with TMC; I like Chicago's offer a lot more.

I don't believe Memphis would trade Gasol to Golden State without demanding AB or Monta back...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 pm
32 wrote:I agree with TMC; I like Chicago's offer a lot more.

You really like Nocioni, Noah and Duhon "alot more" than Harrington, BWright, and POB? I see it as Harrington>>>Nocioni, BWright>>>>>>Noah, and POB<<Duhon.

each his own i guess.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:08 am
That Chicago offer is a disrespect to the Grizzlies in light of them rejecting an offer with either Gordon or Deng, Duhon and a couple of others. Noah is a funny sort isn't he :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 am
migya wrote:That Chicago offer is a disrespect to the Grizzlies in light of them rejecting an offer with either Gordon or Deng, Duhon and a couple of others. Noah is a funny sort isn't he :mrgreen:

yea way i see it Nocioni is the #1 guy Grizz get back, Noah being the 2nd best guy/prospect and Duhon to make $ match.

But Noah and Swift is not a front court you want to build on.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:43 am
Money wrote:
migya wrote:That Chicago offer is a disrespect to the Grizzlies in light of them rejecting an offer with either Gordon or Deng, Duhon and a couple of others. Noah is a funny sort isn't he :mrgreen:

yea way i see it Nocioni is the #1 guy Grizz get back, Noah being the 2nd best guy/prospect and Duhon to make $ match.

Noah is not a prospect but a highly probable bust! Nocioni is alright but the Grizz are loaded at SF and Nocioni is too soft to be a PF. They just drafted Conley so they won't want Duhon and they have Damon Stoudamire backing him up as well. Just no good for the Griz and they won't even laugh at such a proposal.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:47 am
migya wrote:
Money wrote:

Noah is not a prospect but a highly probable bust! Nocioni is alright but the Grizz are loaded at SF and Nocioni is too soft to be a PF. They just drafted Conley so they won't want Duhon and they have Damon Stoudamire backing him up as well. Just no good for the Griz and they won't even laugh at such a proposal.

Right on all 3 accounts. Although i dont think nocioni is soft at all, when i seen him play last year he was the toughest guy on the Bulls next to Wallace.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 am
Money wrote:
migya wrote:
Money wrote:

Right on all 3 accounts. Although i dont think nocioni is soft at all, when i seen him play last year he was the toughest guy on the Bulls next to Wallace.

Nocioni has his moments and can shoot from the outside but he is no PF. Mullin seriously should be on the phone talking to the Griz about proposals for Gasol

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:33 am
Noc is not soft. He was, as Money said, one of the toughest guys on the Bulls last season.

About Gasol, last news are that Memphis is trying to trade for Juan Carlos Navarro's rights (that the Wizards hold), as Barcelona seems like will allow him to leave for the NBA this offseason. If that happens and Memphis can sign him, Gasol will stay put.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:07 am
What I've seen of Nocioni he has not been much more than an outside shooter. Gasol staying in Memphis would be a big surprise after he asked to be traded. Think it is worth Mullin persuing

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:21 am
Money wrote:
32 wrote:I agree with TMC; I like Chicago's offer a lot more.

You really like Nocioni, Noah and Duhon "alot more" than Harrington, BWright, and POB? I see it as Harrington>>>Nocioni, BWright>>>>>>Noah, and POB<<Duhon.

each his own i guess.

I think Nocioni is just as good as Harrington and Noah has just as much potential as Wright.

That means the tie-breaker is Duhon versus Sarunas and O'Bryant... at which point, I believe the Wolves would rather not take on Sarunas' contract when Duhon puts out better production.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Trades