Camby?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:49 pm
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Are you talkin 'bout the scrub Barea kid from the Mavs summer league roster? If you are, he's currently signed with them. But he'd be a cool cat on the squad.

That one... He's playing for their summer league team, but he doesn't have a NBA contract with them. Officially, he's a free agent (unless he has signed one recently).

Was he on our summer-league roster last year? I remember seeing him play a little. Short kinda stocky guy, everything happening at 100mph right?

I think he could be a good fit. A little out of control at times but fits the system.

Whatever happened to the dude we had for a little while last year. Short athletic point guard backup. Had some nice dunks. I think he maybe played in Europe or something like that. I liked him too. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster for a minimal fee.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:52 am
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:Are you talkin 'bout the scrub Barea kid from the Mavs summer league roster? If you are, he's currently signed with them. But he'd be a cool cat on the squad.

That one... He's playing for their summer league team, but he doesn't have a NBA contract with them. Officially, he's a free agent (unless he has signed one recently).

Was he on our summer-league roster last year? I remember seeing him play a little. Short kinda stocky guy, everything happening at 100mph right?

I think he could be a good fit. A little out of control at times but fits the system.

Exactly. I wouldn't want him to start for my team, but as a backup?. Why not?.

cladden wrote:Whatever happened to the dude we had for a little while last year. Short athletic point guard backup. Had some nice dunks. I think he maybe played in Europe or something like that. I liked him too. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster for a minimal fee.

Roberson?. I don't know. I think he went to the NBDL, but I'm not sure...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:23 am
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:

Exactly. I wouldn't want him to start for my team, but as a backup?. Why not?.

cladden wrote:Whatever happened to the dude we had for a little while last year. Short athletic point guard backup. Had some nice dunks. I think he maybe played in Europe or something like that. I liked him too. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the roster for a minimal fee.

Roberson?. I don't know. I think he went to the NBDL, but I'm not sure...

Not Roberson. Bynum I think. Will Bynum.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:44 pm
cladden wrote:Not Roberson. Bynum I think. Will Bynum.

Oh, well, in that case, he played for Maccabi, in Tel-Aviv, last season. Won the league there.

Not sure where he's right now. Apparently, he wasn't exactly impressive. Not that he was a disaster or anything like that, but people there probably expected more from him.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 pm
i love camby and i think him on our team would be koo..but he is as injury-proned if not more than BD. last year was the longest season he played since his rookie season. besides, if we get camby, we're forced to bench biedrins which would decrease his production. biedrins is best when he gets time. if we start AB at 4 then we have a sav defensive frontcourt, but nearly no scoring down there. harrington off the bench decreases production as well. so itd prolly hurt us more than help us if we got camby
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:39 am
At only 8 million, I'd like to have Camby and he is now less injuryprone than before. His defensive ability and rebounding alone would make the team so much better

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:31 am
migya wrote:At only 8 million, I'd like to have Camby and he is now less injuryprone than before. His defensive ability and rebounding alone would make the team so much better

just becuz he had one season where he missed less than 20 games he is suddenly less injury-proned? if you're injury proned, you're pretty much forever innjury proned until you can show consitency in not being injured. camby has shown that he can last for mosst of one season...we've yet to see anything after that.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:58 am
EMan32 wrote:
migya wrote:At only 8 million, I'd like to have Camby and he is now less injuryprone than before. His defensive ability and rebounding alone would make the team so much better

just becuz he had one season where he missed less than 20 games he is suddenly less injury-proned? if you're injury proned, you're pretty much forever innjury proned until you can show consitency in not being injured. camby has shown that he can last for mosst of one season...we've yet to see anything after that.

Yea, that's right, but I just think he has turned the corner and seems to be at his best. Reckon he will continue that

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades