Camby?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:40 am
cladden wrote:I would agree if I was the Nuggets but I am pretty sure I heard them shop Camby around during last season. Am I just making that up or has someone else seen such reports as well?

Yep. I've also read those rumors. But every trade was contingent on the other team taking K-Mart on the same deal. That's why the Nuggets were not able to find any takers. Who wants to be trapped with K-Mart's contract til 2011?

migya wrote:Getting Amare, Banks and James Jones (all three would be needed to make salaries work due to Garnett's contract) would fill the backup PG position, supply a wing player (allowing for Pietrus to be let go) and give the superstar big thatis going to be performing at his current level or better for over 10 more years.

James Jones was traded to the Blazers on draft day, bro. Funny thing is that he was traded for... nothing. Phoenix only saves his salary.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:16 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Getting Amare, Banks and James Jones (all three would be needed to make salaries work due to Garnett's contract) would fill the backup PG position, supply a wing player (allowing for Pietrus to be let go) and give the superstar big thatis going to be performing at his current level or better for over 10 more years.

James Jones was traded to the Blazers on draft day, bro. Funny thing is that he was traded for... nothing. Phoenix only saves his salary.

I've read that he is still on their roster and that that trade didn't go through. If he is not available then Amare, Banks and Piatkowski (who is an expirer himself). The resigning of Barnes takes care of backup SF anyway. Point is that that getting three moves done in one

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:18 am
You're right. He doesn't appear on Portland's roster. I might have missed it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:25 am
James Jones would be nice filling out the bench. he would be a god replacement for Pietrus

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:02 am
I really think (maybe it is just wishful thinking) that Camby could be had just using our trade exception. Everything I hear out of there is that they are looking to trim payroll.

Camby makes a pretty moderate salary for his production so not sure why they would look to do something with Camby but rumors say they are looking to move him to trim salary. If there is any truth to that, Mully needs to be on the phone immediately. Camby would be a great use of our trade exception
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:37 pm
Man, with every minute that goes by, I want Camby more and more. This would be my idea scenario (short of Minny trading KG to us for Adonal, Cabbage, MP and a bag of peanuts):

*Use Trade exception on Camby
*Use mid level exception to resign Barnes (it may be overpaying a bit but we dont see where we get the cap room other than using our MLE)
* Use our bi-annual exception on Brevin Knight (probably wont be able to get him for that low of a price however)
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:44 pm
I would love to have Marcus Camby, but I can't see us getting him.

As far as the other two, yes to Matt Barnes and no to Brevin Knight. Knight is more injury-prone than Baron Davis... and I'd rather see us impliment a 3-guard rotation of Baron/Monta/Marco.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:46 pm
I really think we need a veteran backup PG.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:48 pm
It would be nice... but I would rather not pay that much money to somebody who won't get that many minutes anyway. I can't see Nelson (who, as we all remember, stubbornly stuck to an 8-man rotation in the playoffs) crowding his guard positions. He seems to want Monta to at least be a part-time PG... and, with recent news of Belinelli's passing skills, I'm sure Marco will see time at point, too.

We have too many good passers to make a playmaker a priority, at this point.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:52 pm
yeah, I dont think it is our biggest priority but that is why I am saying using our bi-annual exception. That is 1.8 million which is pretty close to the veteran min

I am certainly not advocating spending 5-7 mil/year on a backup PG but fact remains BD is probably not going to play 82 games and neither Monte or Marco are ready to be full time PG's
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:55 pm
Agreed... why not sign someone outta D-Leauge for dirt cheap? Most of those guards can play.

Has anybody picked up Jose Juan Barrea? He's WAY undersized, but if we're only picking him up as an injury-sub for Baron, he's perfect.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:47 pm
badabing8888 wrote:Man, with every minute that goes by, I want Camby more and more. This would be my idea scenario (short of Minny trading KG to us for Adonal, Cabbage, MP and a bag of peanuts):

*Use Trade exception on Camby
*Use mid level exception to resign Barnes (it may be overpaying a bit but we dont see where we get the cap room other than using our MLE)
* Use our bi-annual exception on Brevin Knight (probably wont be able to get him for that low of a price however)

:mrgreen: That's a nice little trade you have there for Garnett. Maybe you can drug McHale with about 4 different drugs and he might go for it.

Mullin should at least inquire about getting Camby with the trade exception, it would be a great pickup. I was thinking that if that happened and we also got Amare, Mullin could trade Biedrins in the three team teade with TWolves and Suns, as Camby and Amare would be starting PF/C and O'bryant would be the backup C. Thing is that though Camby is a great player, there is no doubting that, as well as a very good fit for the team, he is aging and likely will only be as effective as he is now for another 4 years or so. Biedrins could still be involved in that trade but if Mullin could send O'bryant instead, Biedrins would get his minutes as backup PF and C, giving him some 20-25 minutes a night at least. A very nice frontline rotation of Amare, Camby and Biedrins is the best there is.

Barnes is worth the MLE and he must be kept. I'd love to get Brevin Knight and he would fit in real well, covering for Baron properly

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:14 am
32 wrote:Has anybody picked up Jose Juan Barrea? He's WAY undersized, but if we're only picking him up as an injury-sub for Baron, he's perfect.

I talked about him last year. Definitely would be a decent enough backup for Baron. I'd be ok with him instead of another, more seasoned guy that wouldn't do much more but would be way more expensive than Barea.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:07 am
Are you talkin 'bout the scrub Barea kid from the Mavs summer league roster? If you are, he's currently signed with them. But he'd be a cool cat on the squad.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:43 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Are you talkin 'bout the scrub Barea kid from the Mavs summer league roster? If you are, he's currently signed with them. But he'd be a cool cat on the squad.

That one... He's playing for their summer league team, but he doesn't have a NBA contract with them. Officially, he's a free agent (unless he has signed one recently).
PreviousNext

Return to Trades