Camby?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:25 am
Sorry if this has been brought up in any of the threads but I think all of us are thinking about the best ways to use our trade exception. What about Camby? Certainly gives us EVERYTHING we need skill set wise (injuries though are always a concern with him).

I have not followed his situation closely but I have heard the Nuggets want to trim payroll and Camby's salary is only 8 mill which would allow us to use our trade exeption to get him and would allow Denver to get salary relief.

Not sure if they would go for that. I assume they would want to get some talent in return but just throwing that out there.

Harrington and Wright at the 4 and AB and Camby at the 5 would make for a pretty darn good frontline.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:37 am
I guess the Nuggets would ask us to take over K-Mart's contract as compensation... and Camby ain't worth that much.

If he's available, sure... I just don't think they'll let him go for free. They may not ask for much, but at least would want to get rid of K-Mart.

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:20 pm
How about you give me JR Smith!!!

All Star
Posts: 2035
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:22 pm
Or maybe a fantasy trade Monta and the 10 mill TE for AI Andre Igodala!!!
That's ****ing raw rt there!!!
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:56 pm
Nuggets need Camby alot! He is the clog in the middle and the Defensive Player of the Year. If we can get him for the trade exception, Mullin has to do it. No need to go for KG or Amare then and salary would be saved
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:44 am
migya wrote:Nuggets need Camby alot! He is the clog in the middle and the Defensive Player of the Year. If we can get him for the trade exception, Mullin has to do it.


That's what I was thinking. I guess there's a chance they would trade him for our trade exception... but only if we take K-Mart in a separate deal. The Nuggets will want to get something, after all.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:52 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Nuggets need Camby alot! He is the clog in the middle and the Defensive Player of the Year. If we can get him for the trade exception, Mullin has to do it.


That's what I was thinking. I guess there's a chance they would trade him for our trade exception... but only if we take K-Mart in a separate deal. The Nuggets will want to get something, after all.



Can't be bothered checking up on it but how many years left on his contract does KMart have? If he was an expirer I'd do it, otherwise no. Maybe Camby for just the trade exception, that would be a steal to say the least
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:19 am
migya wrote:Can't be bothered checking up on it but how many years left on his contract does KMart have?


Til 2011. Last year is a player option, but he won't opt out when he's signed for more than $16 million...
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 576
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:52 pm
Maybe give them POB and Pietrus as well. I don't see why they would want to get rid of him anyway, he's the best shot blocker in the league. If we could get him for the exemption plus a throw in that would be sweet. I would even trade AB and Wright for Garnett at that point. Shortens up our years, but gives us a lineup of

1. Baron
2. Monta
3. Sjax
4. Garnett
5. Camby
6. Harrington
7. Barnes
8. Azibuike
9. Belleneli
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:40 pm
Nuggets won't trade Camby.

A big man like him, blocking 3 shots a night and grabbing 11 rebounds a game... for less than $10 million a season? That's one of the bargains of the league. And they know it. They don't care about his injuries either because they have Nene able to replace him when that happens.

I'd say Camby's untouchable, as far as we're concerned. Even offering Biedrins probably wouldn't be enough; we'd need to offer Biedrins and Harrington or Biedrins and Jackson, and thats just plain dumb.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1357
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:57 pm
32 wrote:Nuggets won't trade Camby.

A big man like him, blocking 3 shots a night and grabbing 11 rebounds a game... for less than $10 million a season? That's one of the bargains of the league. And they know it. They don't care about his injuries either because they have Nene able to replace him when that happens.

I'd say Camby's untouchable, as far as we're concerned. Even offering Biedrins probably wouldn't be enough; we'd need to offer Biedrins and Harrington or Biedrins and Jackson, and thats just plain dumb.


I would agree if I was the Nuggets but I am pretty sure I heard them shop Camby around during last season. Am I just making that up or has someone else seen such reports as well?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:14 pm
Strangely, the Nuggets have been shoppingCamby for a few weeks now. He is essential to them but apparently they want to cut back on salary. The trade exception would be enough as Camby only makes 8 million a year. Getting him and then getting Amare through the three team trade would be out of this world. I'd be alright with trading Biedrins as part of the three team trade in place of O'bryant. Getting Amare, Banks and James Jones (all three would be needed to make salaries work due to Garnett's contract) would fill the backup PG position, supply a wing player (allowing for Pietrus to be let go) and give the superstar big thatis going to be performing at his current level or better for over 10 more years. That is the best avenue, regardles if Mullin tries to get Camby for the trade exception, but if he does get him as well, it would championship caliber to say the least, in fact, they would be in top 5 favourites to win it all

Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:18 pm
David Wood wrote:Maybe give them POB and Pietrus as well. I don't see why they would want to get rid of him anyway, he's the best shot blocker in the league. If we could get him for the exemption plus a throw in that would be sweet. I would even trade AB and Wright for Garnett at that point. Shortens up our years, but gives us a lineup of

1. Baron
2. Monta
3. Sjax
4. Garnett
5. Camby
6. Harrington
7. Barnes
8. Azibuike
9. Belleneli


A pipedream, but Im down with it. All depends on how bad Nuggets owner doesnt want to pay the luxury tax. They dont "need" Camby with Nene and Carmelo. All depends on KMART though.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21963
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:29 pm
Nene played great late last season but he is still unproven and has been an absolute injuryplagued player. If the Nuggets got rid of Camby and didn't replace him adequately, they would be screwed with Nene and KMart, who could easily be injured for an entire season at the same time.

Mullin should definately look into getting Camby though for the trade exception

Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 pm
migya wrote:Nene played great late last season but he is still unproven and has been an absolute injuryplagued player. If the Nuggets got rid of Camby and didn't replace him adequately, they would be screwed with Nene and KMart, who could easily be injured for an entire season at the same time.

Mullin should definately look into getting Camby though for the trade exception


Thats true, it all depends on how badly Nuggets owner doesnt wanna pay luxury tax. They still need to sign a PG.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests