KG to Phoenix; AS to GS; Monta, Pietrus and Foyle to MN?????

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:13 am
There's no doubt KG's the better player right now, but he has a lot more cons than pros in a comparison with Amare. Amare proved last season that he's healthy again, so there's no injury concern (not more than in any other case, that is). Also, he's younger. And KG's not only older, but has a lot more miles in his legs. I doubt he'll be able to play at his current level for more than 3 years. He'll be a damn good player after that, but not a MVP level player.

Also, contracts do matter in these deals, and Amare has more years and almost 10 million less in his contract (from KG's only remaining season).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:37 am
Phoenix wil definately have to send someone else, maybe Diaw to get the deal done and that would be such a steal for the Warriors, getting not only Amare but Diaw

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 am
Amare's contract is a gift and a curse.

He just inked a new deal with Phoenix, so our payroll will be locked up until the end of time if we commit to him. A trade for him definately solidifies Baron Davis (and either Monta Ellis or Andris Biedrins') departure from the team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:33 am
32 wrote:Amare's contract is a gift and a curse.

He just inked a new deal with Phoenix, so our payroll will be locked up until the end of time if we commit to him.

He's only signed til 2010, with a player option for the next season. And it never reaches the amounts Baron makes (although it gets closer the last year).

It's a good deal for a player like him, and one we can take over just by getting rid of Foyle (only two years left) and trading Al Harrington... That would be enough to keep Amare, Baron, Ellis & Beans (and I'm including both extensions for those guys).

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:47 pm
I have no doubt that KG is a better player than Amare . . . which is not an insult to Amare at all.

There's just NO CHANCE KG will come to the warriors. He's looking for a ring with an established team. As far as McHale getting equal value for KG, that's pretty much impossible. Timberwolves will be loosers at the end of this because they are loosing one of the best players and teammates in the league right now because they were too incompetent to get a good team around him.

The Warriors are younger and run a very similar offense to Phoenix. Amare would fit right in.

I just want to know what it would take for Mullin to get the deal done. Some of our young talent (ie Ellis and Pietrus) and Foyle to get the money where it needs to be would be outstanding.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:50 pm
It'll take a lot more than Ellis, Pietrus, and Foyle to land Amare.

Phoenix has a ton of guards. They want big men. They won't give us Amare without demanding Biedrins back (and probably Wright, too).

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:52 pm
32 wrote:It'll take a lot more than Ellis, Pietrus, and Foyle to land Amare.

Phoenix has a ton of guards. They want big men. They won't give us Amare without demanding Biedrins back (and probably Wright, too).

Phoenix would be getting KG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:57 pm
Ah. Then ditto what I said for Minnesota.

A dead contract, a bad swingman, and a stud SG aren't enough to keep Minny happy.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:51 pm
32 wrote:Ah. Then ditto what I said for Minnesota.

A dead contract, a bad swingman, and a stud SG aren't enough to keep Minny happy.

I don't know if it would or wouldn't. There were reported to be some pretty bad teams making the third leg of this potential trade. I'm just wonding what it would take for the Warriors to be involved. Is it possible?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:31 pm
32 wrote:Amare's contract is a gift and a curse.

He just inked a new deal with Phoenix, so our payroll will be locked up until the end of time if we commit to him. A trade for him definately solidifies Baron Davis (and either Monta Ellis or Andris Biedrins') departure from the team.

Amare makes much less than KG and is signed for longer! That means that it is much easier to sign Monta and Biedrins as well as other players. The fact Garnett can leave after next season means that there is no security! Amare is a better option in everyway

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:41 pm
captnkos wrote:
32 wrote:Ah. Then ditto what I said for Minnesota.

I don't know if it would or wouldn't. There were reported to be some pretty bad teams making the third leg of this potential trade. I'm just wonding what it would take for the Warriors to be involved. Is it possible?

McHale was willing to get Atlanta's #3 and #11 pick just before the draft! That shows how much he just wants to get young talent to rebuild with the young talent he already has.

Harrington, BWright and Jask and Foyle (both for to make the salary work), throw in a resigned Pietrus or O'bryant or a future 1st rounder. Jask is an expirer so he is valuable and even can be used in another trade before the deadline. Foyle has a team option in two years so he is an expirer after the season and a valuable trade piece next year.

That is more than Atlanta offered to say the least

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:00 pm
Nah, thats a crap deal.

Atlanta was willing to give them 2 young studs like Acie and Hortford... and you think they'll take our bullshit like Pietrus, Foyle, and Cabbage...?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:49 am
Yes, McHale would. I'm still not sure how Atlanta could only have sent the two lottery picks for in that deal as that does not come close to making the salaries work. As for young studs, both Horford and Law are unknowns and as far as talent goes, Harrington and BWright offer much more. As I said, Jask and Foyle are expirers very soon (Jask now and Foyle in one year) so McHale can use them to get other players in trades

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:51 am
32 wrote:Nah, thats a crap deal.

Atlanta was willing to give them 2 young studs like Acie and Hortford... and you think they'll take our bullshit like Pietrus, Foyle, and Cabbage...?

Yep. That's a sh*tty deal, migya. They would have started rebuilding with 3 of the top 11 picks of a loaded draft, that's why they wanted to do that deal. Horford, Brewer and adding Thorton/Julian Wright/Acie Law at #11 would have been a coup for Minny. Our trade is just spare change.

On the other side, if it takes Wright and Biedrins to get Amare, I'd still do it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:59 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:Nah, thats a crap deal.

Yep. That's a sh*tty deal, migya. They would have started rebuilding with 3 of the top 11 picks of a loaded draft, that's why they wanted to do that deal. Horford, Brewer and adding Thorton/Julian Wright/Acie Law at #11 would have been a coup for Minny. Our trade is just spare change.

On the other side, if it takes Wright and Biedrins to get Amare, I'd still do it.

Crap deal? You think getting untested draft picks, lottery or not, a better deal. Harrington is not great but he is very good and still young, BWright is better than most of the draft picks in this draft and because of his potential, the best draft pick to replace Garnett. The salries need to be made up and getting an expirer in Jask (salary relief or trade bait) as well as Foyle (same as Jask but one year after), as well as getting either young Center in O'bryant, Pietrus or future 1st rounder is alot.

McHale wants to rebuild with young talented players and he gets that with this trade. He would go for this as Garnett wants out and now it has to be done.

Really think we can keep Biedrins and still get Amare

PreviousNext

Return to Trades