KG to Phoenix; AS to GS; Monta, Pietrus and Foyle to MN?????

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Rookie
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:05 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:16 pm
This is my first post, so don't burn me too bad.

It seems like there have been quite a few potential 3 way trades to get KG and Amare Stoudamire moved. I have to think that the Warriors have a lot of pieces to make that happen. I love KG as a player, but think that Stoudamire could be an AWESOME long term star with Barron.

What do you guys think?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:24 pm
captnkos wrote:This is my first post, so don't burn me too bad.

It seems like there have been quite a few potential 3 way trades to get KG and Amare Stoudamire moved. I have to think that the Warriors have a lot of pieces to make that happen. I love KG as a player, but think that Stoudamire could be an AWESOME long term star with Barron.

What do you guys think?


McHale would need to be burned at the stake for making that deal. Foyle, Pietrus and Monte for KG? OUCH
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:06 pm
In addition to that the Suns would have to send Barbosa to the Wolves and the W's would have to eat Banks' contract. Then it might be feasible.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:40 pm
Difficult now without JRich and his contract but maybe Harrington, BWright and SJackson or a future 1st rounder would do. Amare would fit right in here and the team definately would be a real contender
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:27 am
Thunder wrote:In addition to that the Suns would have to send Barbosa to the Wolves and the W's would have to eat Banks' contract. Then it might be feasible.


I'd love it for us... but do you really think Phoenix will trade both Amare and Barbosa for KG?. That's too much, imo.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:42 pm
It would be too much but I get the feeling that Kerr is going to sell the farm and try to get a title while KG's and Nash's windows are still open. A contingent on this trade might be that Phoenix gets our 10 million trade exception in a seperate deal and use it to get someone like Camby.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:54 pm
You'll find that the Suns aren't going to trade all their young stars for just a few years of contending, which by the way, they are now anyway. Mullin might be able to be the third team in this and get Amare
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:01 pm
Amare is a better long term option. But he's also not on Garnett's level. KG isn't quite one of those big men who automatically makes his teams contenders (like Duncan, Shaq, and Oden), but he's close. Pairing him with Baron Davis would be championship stuff.

If we could get Amare, great. If we could get KG, great. If we had our choice between the two, you gotta take KG.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:33 pm
Amare is a much safer option - More of an inside player, younger, locked in his contract for longer and has flourished in the run and gun style for a few years now. Made for the Warriors Amare is
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: Fremont
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:44 pm
I dont know about Amare being the safer option... I mean he is coming off microfracture knee surgery. But I get what your saying, he is safer because hes younger.

Another thought... Where is all this amare to the warriors talk coming from? I havent heard any rumors from and sites, plus why would the suns trade amare to a team in their own division?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:45 pm
Kevin Garnett is a former MVP, still has 4 or 5 years of his prime left, and the best power forward in the game today.

You always go for the better player. KG will get 22/12/2. Amare is 19/9/1. You do the math.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:34 pm
Dubs4life wrote:I dont know about Amare being the safer option... I mean he is coming off microfracture knee surgery. But I get what your saying, he is safer because hes younger.

Another thought... Where is all this amare to the warriors talk coming from? I havent heard any rumors from and sites, plus why would the suns trade amare to a team in their own division?



Amare proved last season that he has successfully recovered form the microfracture surgery, better than anyone before him actually. Not only is Amare alot younger than Garnett, his contract is for longer and thus that gives security to the team, knowing that he will be around for longer than just one season. Garnett can opt out of his current contract after this upcoming season and that possibility is a disaster for the team, who would have to give up three players at least to get him.

The reason why some of us are going on about getting Amare is because a few days ago the Suns and TWolves were tying to get a deal done where KG goes to the Suns, Amare to the Atlanta Hawks and the Hawks would send there #3 and #11 picks to the TWolves. This ofcourse was a couple of days before the draft took place. Why both teams don't trade Garnett and Amare straight up for each other (Phoenix could add fillers to make the salaries work) is the question. There is a strong possibility that Mullin can play the third team in the deal and offer the likes of Harrington, BWright, Jask and Foyle (both for their salaries) and even a resigned Pietrus to the TWolves, with Garnett going to the Suns and Amare to us. That would be a dream come true
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:47 pm
32 wrote:Kevin Garnett is a former MVP, still has 4 or 5 years of his prime left, and the best power forward in the game today.

You always go for the better player. KG will get 22/12/2. Amare is 19/9/1. You do the math.



Garnett got those numbers because the TWolves were nowhere near as talented as the Suns. Having RDavis and the likes of Foye help Garnett score a little easier but the man can get it done himself. Amare has many scorers on his team and so doesn't have a chance to score as much BUT he still gets over 20pts a game.

Looking at the stats:
Garnett is a consistent 22pts, 12rebs, 1stls, 1.5 blks on a pretty bad team.
Amare was 20.5pts, 9.5rebs, 1stls, 1.5blks on a very talented team (last season and scored 26pts a game the season before he had surgery.

Amare is getting better as time goes on after his surgery so he could be back to what he was when he was an absolute monster (he practically is again) and next to Biedrins and with Baron running the show (much like Nash) and the likes of SJackson, Bellineli capable of shooting the outside shot very well and then Monta creating, it would be an even better situation than in Phoenix
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13479
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:06 pm
migya wrote:Looking at the stats:
Garnett is a consistent 22pts, 12rebs, 1stls, 1.5 blks on a pretty bad team.
Amare was 20.5pts, 9.5rebs, 1stls, 1.5blks on a very talented team (last season and scored 26pts a game the season before he had surgery.

Garnett's stats were actually 22.4 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 1.2 SPG, and 1.7 BPG last season (which is higher in every category than you listed them). If you want to round up (like you did with Amare's stats), he is actually closer to 22.5 PPG, 13 RPG, 1.5 SPG, and 2 BPG.

I noticed you also convienently left out the assist category, where Garnett (as one of the league's better passing big men) dominated Stoudamire at 4.1 APG to 1.0 APG. Garnett's also 6% higher on his career free throws. By the way, Garnett (in 6 more minutes a night) actually committed a fraction less turnovers per game than Stoudamire, but its actually a significant amount considering the difference in minutes.

As I said before, any way you look at it, Garnett is a better player. The only stat that Stoudamire dominates is FG%, which can be attributed to Steve Nash setting him up combined with Garnett's extra range out to the perimeter.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21208
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:18 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Looking at the stats:
Garnett is a consistent 22pts, 12rebs, 1stls, 1.5 blks on a pretty bad team.
Amare was 20.5pts, 9.5rebs, 1stls, 1.5blks on a very talented team (last season and scored 26pts a game the season before he had surgery.

Garnett's stats were actually 22.4 PPG, 12.8 RPG, 1.2 SPG, and 1.7 BPG last season (which is higher in every category than you listed them). If you want to round up (like you did with Amare's stats), he is actually closer to 22.5 PPG, 13 RPG, 1.5 SPG, and 2 BPG.

I noticed you also convienently left out the assist category, where Garnett (as one of the league's better passing big men) dominated Stoudamire at 4.1 APG to 1.0 APG. Garnett's also 6% higher on his career free throws. By the way, Garnett (in 6 more minutes a night) actually committed a fraction less turnovers per game than Stoudamire, but its actually a significant amount considering the difference in minutes.

As I said before, any way you look at it, Garnett is a better player. The only stat that Stoudamire dominates is FG%, which can be attributed to Steve Nash setting him up combined with Garnett's extra range out to the perimeter.



Garnett is definately a better passer and one of the best creating PFs there is in the nba but we are talking about the PF position and with Baron and other creators like SJackson, Monta and Barnes, the PF is to be a finisher and Amare is a better finisher than perhaps any PF and Center there is.

With the stats, I was more referring to careerwise with Garnett in that he has been consistently at that level most of his career, whereas Amare has been climbing back to his usual monster self the last year. I look to Amare being more like he was three seasons ago, when Nash first arrived in Phoenix. On the Warriors, Amare would score a heap as he would be fed the ball by so many good passers and creators. His rebounding and defense are also becoming top level in the nba and alongside Biedrins, he would form the best rebounding and shotblocking duo in the nba.

As I've said, imagine Amare on the inside and occasionally hitting from midrange, Biedrins on the inside finishing as well as he does and guys like Baron, Barnes, SJackson, Bellineli and Pietrus (if he stays) getting open shots from the outside. Guys like Baron, SJackson and Monta can also drive in and make things happen that way, passing off to Amare for slams all night
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests