KG Post-Draft Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:18 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
migya wrote:Mullin either get another backcourt player or the backcourt will be a major issue from now on. As I said, one injury to ANY of the guards and it all falls in a heap

Brevin Knight cut cut today. We should definately take a look at him for the backup PG spot.

What Mullin should have done was gotten him as well in the JRich deal! Maybe Knight can be signed for no more than 3 million a year, that would be ideal and the guy would be a great backup PG, one of the best there is right now of not the best

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:21 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:We don't need KG now. It'd be awesome if we did, but I don't really care if we don't get him. We have Wright, and I can't wait to see what this kid can do. We should use that money on other needs. Baron, Monta, Beans extension. Backup PG.

:shock: BWright is no Garnett! He has all the development ahead of him. Garnett can do it all

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:01 pm
As much as i hate to see Jrich go, I have to think that there is something beyond what we know.

a) JRich isnt completely healthy ...still (did ANYONE watch him in the playoffs)

or

b) Another trade for a big name (KG OBVIOUSLY)

OR

c) Take some of that money and sign R. Lewis

PG. Baron
SG. Jackson
SF. Al
PF. Rashard Lewis
C. Biedrins

We would now have size with Lewis being 6'10. And this puts Al in the 3 spot where he should be. Though i think he would get a little over paid, because we have the cap room, i dont see it being a bad idea. That is, if we cant get Gasol.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:06 pm
tl95121 wrote:As much as i hate to see Jrich go, I have to think that there is something beyond what we know.

a) JRich isnt completely healthy ...still (did ANYONE watch him in the playoffs)

or

b) Another trade for a big name (KG OBVIOUSLY)

OR

c) Take some of that money and sign R. Lewis

PG. Baron
SG. Jackson
SF. Al
PF. Rashard Lewis
C. Biedrins

We would now have size with Lewis being 6'10. And this puts Al in the 3 spot where he should be. Though i think he would get a little over paid, because we have the cap room, i dont see it being a bad idea. That is, if we cant get Gasol.

I like your thinking, but Lewis is a small forward even though hes 6'10. He plays small. So i wouldnt want Lewis at the 4, I think Al is a better option.

I like Gasol at the 4 though
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:47 pm
Don't know what is happening with gasol, if he still wants out of Memphis. Rashard Lewis is a sF and not much of a rebounder, like Harrington so no point getting him. He also wants 15 million plus so that would just destroy any salary relief from trading JRich

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:31 am
Yeah, have not heard much on Gasol lately. I hope we are having conversation with Memphis.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 am
Latest rumor Monta, POB, Brandan Wright for KG and they want AB instead of Harrington! Forget that trade that is too much to give Minny!

Maybe you take out Wright for AB then maybe I might consider it!

Who would make that trade for Brandan Wright, POB, Monta and AB?

I wouldn't mind seeing a frontline of Brandan Wright, Garnett and Harrington! With Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson. But Minny is asking for all of our prospects! **** that!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:54 am
yeah, screw that and besides, that trade will not even come close to working salary wise. We need to give them back about 26 mill in salaries to make a KG trade (his salary + trade kicker). Unless he waives his trade kicker but even then we will need to get to about 20 mil in salaries. Those players do not even come close to that.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:33 am
The Warriors are not giving up AB. They've countered every deal the Wolves thrown back at them by replacing AB with Harrington.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:30 pm
Mullin likely doesn't even want Garnett and is distracting people as to the real target (Amare hopefully)

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 pm
migya wrote:Mullin likely doesn't even want Garnett and is distracting people as to the real target (Amare hopefully)

Just because Mully has been hiding all his other moves doesnt mean that every proposed trade by him is just a smokescreen. There is no way you can read into these kg rumors and pull out that Mully is going after amare.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:40 pm
Well you never know. He did with Monty... he got fired. But then that was only because Nelson wanted to come back and help. He said Jrich would never get traded, but he did. He didn't work out Wright and used Yi as a smokescreen to build hype on Yi and less on Wright.

KG could just as well be a diversion on getting another household name. Look at Dallas, the Lakers. They're trying real hard to get KG. Mullin likes to build up hype and/or expectations on news/rumors but quietly goes after another name.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:36 pm
Amare is a better fit on the team because as I have stated before, he has been a success in the run and gun style that Phoenix has which is much like ours, is younger and has a longer contract that is cheaper than Garnett's

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:58 pm
Why would the Suns trade Amare to their own rival? A team that is built just like them? Forget the Amare to W's it ain't gonna happen!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:08 pm
J-Rich wrote:Why would the Suns trade Amare to their own rival? A team that is built just like them? Forget the Amare to W's it ain't gonna happen!

Wow. I totally agree with you.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PreviousNext

Return to Trades