KG Post-Draft Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:04 pm
Monta + BWright for KG? W/ fillers to work out the cap. Discuss.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:34 pm
JayPat wrote:Monta + BWright for KG? W/ fillers to work out the cap. Discuss.

If they wanted Brandon Wright, they would have just picked him with the pick before Charlotte selected him. Not going to happen.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:34 pm
I'm curious now to see how we could bring him here now. With Jrich gone, that hurt us because his contract plus other Warriors would help bring him here. And no way we package Baron away. KG WANTS to play with a pass first PG.

What makes me believe the Warriors are still in KG talks is that the Wolves want Amare for KG.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:22 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I'm curious now to see how we could bring him here now. With Jrich gone, that hurt us because his contract plus other Warriors would help bring him here. And no way we package Baron away. KG WANTS to play with a pass first PG.

Yeah, Monta and Wright won't be enough. Now that we don't have J-Rich, I think we're out of any KG trade talks.

xbaywarrior wrote:What makes me believe the Warriors are still in KG talks is that the Wolves want Amare for KG.

If Amare is available, we should go for him. Forget about KG. Amare's a top talent (not on KG's level, but close) and is a lot younger and under contract, while KG may bolt after just one year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:42 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I'm curious now to see how we could bring him here now. With Jrich gone, that hurt us because his contract plus other Warriors would help bring him here. And no way we package Baron away. KG WANTS to play with a pass first PG.

Forget any trade for a superstar, unless Gasol can be obtained for Harrington and several other players that make up the salary and some decent talent, like SJackson and Foyle.

If Mullin was to trade Monta now for anything but a backcourt player, our backcourt would essentially consist of the touchwood healthy Baron and maybe a resigned Azu :banghead: Really cut down the options by trading JRich

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:15 am
JayPat wrote:Monta + BWright for KG? W/ fillers to work out the cap. Discuss.

This makes sense now for sure. Minny wanted the 3rd and 11th pick from ATL and expirers, that deal was done until ATL idiot owners vetoed it. (ATL would have gotten Amare). So Monta could have been swapped for the 11th, but we declined. So essentially Monta is worth at least an 11th pick. Wright was projected at 3rd in some drafts top 5 for most the year. And there ya go the around 3rdish and 11th picks plus our TE and another contract/contracts that are close to expiring and Minny gets exactly what they wanted for KG.

Either way if they draft Brewer or Wright we take the other guy for them.

I hate losing Monta and JRich for KG essentially but this is KEVIN GARNETT we are talking about.

PG. Baron
SG. SJAX
SF. Harrington
PF. KG
C. AB

Championship!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:38 am
That lineup means SJackson and Baron have to play 43+ minutes a night with pretty much noone to back them up. One Baron injury and it is a disgrace

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:43 am
migya wrote:That lineup means SJackson and Baron have to play 43+ minutes a night with pretty much noone to back them up. One Baron injury and it is a disgrace

Marco Bellineli?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:36 am
Abyss Impact wrote:
migya wrote:That lineup means SJackson and Baron have to play 43+ minutes a night with pretty much noone to back them up. One Baron injury and it is a disgrace

Marco Bellineli?

Belinelli can't play pg. Just sg.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:47 am
TMC wrote:Belinelli can't play pg. Just sg.

We dont know that for sure. He actuall played PG quite a bit overseas. We dont know how that translates but he does have experience at the position.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:13 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:Belinelli can't play pg. Just sg.

We dont know that for sure. He actuall played PG quite a bit overseas. We dont know how that translates but he does have experience at the position.

Believe me, I've seen him. He's a pure SG. He can't play SF, he can't play PG. It would be a BIG surprise if he's able to adapt to the PG position in the NBA.

What he needs to do is learn WHEN he has to shoot. Last season was terrible for him because he tried to do too much and forced lots of shots. I'm saying this because some other user talked in another thread about his poor percentages. He's still a wonderful shooter, and as he's not going to be more than a role player with the Dubs, I think he'll be alright.

I actually like him. I'm just pissed that we passed Rudy for him... although Rudy won't be able to join his NBA team til the 2008-09 season. Guess that's why we went with Belinelli.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:33 pm
If you have seen him play personally quite a bit then I will certainly defer to you. My point was just that he has experience in the position but I don't know whether that would transfer to the NBA or not because I have only seen highlights and saw him against the US in international competition where he scorched us.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:42 pm
Mullin either get another backcourt player or the backcourt will be a major issue from now on. As I said, one injury to ANY of the guards and it all falls in a heap

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:14 pm
migya wrote:Mullin either get another backcourt player or the backcourt will be a major issue from now on. As I said, one injury to ANY of the guards and it all falls in a heap

Brevin Knight cut cut today. We should definately take a look at him for the backup PG spot.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:39 pm
We don't need KG now. It'd be awesome if we did, but I don't really care if we don't get him. We have Wright, and I can't wait to see what this kid can do. We should use that money on other needs. Baron, Monta, Beans extension. Backup PG.
Next

Return to Trades