J-Rich out, Brandon Wright in!

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:23 pm
[quote="TMC]
If that happens, that would be a great signing for us. Would change it all. But because we would be adding a bonafide star and someone who is already an accomplished player. My problem with the trading is getting rid of J-Rich for potential. If it's for Lewis, then I'm all for it.[/quote]

This is precisely why we can not judge the deal yet. Saying we traded JRich for Wright is ignoring a whole HUGE component of the deal. The cap space and a 10mill exemption. This exemption makes us a player in ANY potential deal. We are on the first teams GM's will call if they are looking to trade an all-star type player.

We have yet to see what this exemption nets us. Until we know, we can not fully judge this deal.

ps - Thanks 32 for catching the missing word there. Went back and edited post.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:29 pm
badabing8888 wrote:This is precisely why we can not judge the deal yet. Saying we traded JRich for Wright is ignoring a whole HUGE component of the deal. The cap space and a 10mill exemption. This exemption makes us a player in ANY potential deal. We are on the first teams GM's will call if they are looking to trade an all-star type player.

We have yet to see what this exemption nets us. Until we know, we can not fully judge this deal.

Yeah, but I'm judging what we've done so far. If we use the exception or Wright to get other players, I'll change my stance. I think that's what we should do, as we're not sure if we'll be able to use that exception to add anyone. It takes two to deal, after all.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:33 pm
TMC wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:This is precisely why we can not judge the deal yet. Saying we traded JRich for Wright is ignoring a whole HUGE component of the deal. The cap space and a 10mill exemption. This exemption makes us a player in ANY potential deal. We are on the first teams GM's will call if they are looking to trade an all-star type player.

Yeah, but I'm judging what we've done so far. If we use the exception or Wright to get other players, I'll change my stance. I think that's what we should do, as we're not sure if we'll be able to use that exception to add anyone. It takes two to deal, after all.

I hear ya but trust me, we WILL be able to use the exception. Probably the most desired item in the NBA. We have an exempion that creates an INSTANT 10 million dollar savings to a team. With all but 2-3 teams at or over the cap, this is something EVERY team would want.

No whether we use it smartly is another question, but there is going to be no shortage of people lining up for it.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:38 pm
badabing8888 wrote:I hear ya but trust me, we WILL be able to use the exception. Probably the most desired item in the NBA. We have an exempion that creates an INSTANT 10 million dollar savings to a team. With all but 2-3 teams at or over the cap, this is something EVERY team would want.

No whether we use it smartly is another question, but there is going to be no shortage of people lining up for it.

Ok, then if we use it wisely, I'll say so. And Lewis would be a great addition. I hope this happens, although I guess some player(s) would have to be involved. The exception doesn't look big enough for Lewis pretensions.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:05 pm
badabing8888 wrote:Strickly rumors but it is being floated out that the W's and Sonics are talking regarding a sign and trade with Lewis for our 10mil trade exemption.

Lets just say this is true and happens, how would the people that hate the Jrich deal feel about it now. Essentiall it would be JRich and Davidson for Brandon Wright and Rashard Lewis?

And add another forward!!!! Stupid signing!

Trading Harrington and a future 1st rounder for Rashard would be alright but all that does is improve the scoring while raising salary by a likely 5 million, as Rashard reportedly wants 15 million a year. That trade exception, which I think only last one whole year, has to be used in a trade to get someone real effective, preferrably at SG (since that is now thin) or a mega big player that fills the needs.

I believe Mullin, through Cohan's instructions of keeping salary low, will use that extra cap space to resign Monta, Biedrins and Barnes only and not realy add anyone major

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:33 pm
Where did you read up on those rumors on the 10 million trade ex for Rashard Lewis? Just curious?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:28 am
migya wrote:I believe Mullin, through Cohan's instructions of keeping salary low, will use that extra cap space to resign Monta, Biedrins and Barnes only and not realy add anyone major

That's what I think, too. Although it would be pretty stupid if we let the exception expire without using it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:44 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I believe Mullin, through Cohan's instructions of keeping salary low, will use that extra cap space to resign Monta, Biedrins and Barnes only and not realy add anyone major

That's what I think, too. Although it would be pretty stupid if we let the exception expire without using it.

Cohan has always been a cheapskate so it wouldn't be surprising

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:28 am
J-Rich wrote:Where did you read up on those rumors on the 10 million trade ex for Rashard Lewis? Just curious?

Have not seen it in print. Heard in on NBA radio on Sirius
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:57 pm
I don't want to trade for Rashard Lewis. I want to use that $10 million towards resigning our future stars.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 pm
Yeah, I agree. We can spend our money a lot better than blowing it all on lewis.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:28 pm
The money will be used to resign Monta , Biedrins and Barnes. Cohan never was a big spender and so the win now philosophy is out the window and a so called, move for the future, has been taken

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:42 pm
Don't know where you get that from...? :scratch:

Monta's ready to contribute now. He can easily replace JRich's production. Brandan Wright will be a great player in 2 years. The only thing the Warriors did was cut a little fat from the payroll and put an order in for a future star named Brandan Wright that should arrive in as little as 2 seasons...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:27 pm
BWright will take three years to develop enough to be a major factor, until then he is a nice player with some strengths. Monta at SG is an unknown as he hasn't played there ongoingly yet. He is different to JRich, more of a creator and it will be interesting if he does stay and does play alongside Baron, how he will handle having to play off the creating of Baron. He'll also have to shoot from the outside more.

As I've mentioned before, Nelson is only supposed to be coaching for another two years at the most so a move for the future is strange

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:33 pm
#1, thank you for acknowledging that Brandan Wright will one day be something special. The kid's got major skills.

#2, Monta played his best basketball last year at SG. When he was forced to bring the ball upcourt, it added a lot of TO's to his stat sheet. He's a better playmaker when nobody expects him to be the distrubtor. If anything, a permanent move to SG will make him even more dangerous. Monta's definately more comforable scoring than passing.

#3, Nelson is tutoring a successor (Keith Smart) to take over his coaching duties when his contract expires. Smart, with a half-retarded Cleveland Cav's roster, didn't do half bad with a poor situation in Ohio... so I can't wait to see what he has to offer with a more loaded lineup and a few years of Nellie training (ala Avery Johnson). Nelson coaching the team shouldn't be a problem; I have a feeling his ways will continue even after he's gone. Small ball seems to be the way of the future (not to mention, our team's biggest strength), so I see no reason to sweat it when Nelson's gone in a couple seasons.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades