More rumors about the Dubs on Draft eve

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:33 am
Here are a couple more:

The Bobcats are telling teams they'll make a decision sometime today on what to do with the No. 8 pick. As we discussed on Monday, they have been shopping this pick hard for the past several weeks and collected five to six legitimate offers for the pick.

Andy Katz reported last night that the Suns were one of the teams in the mix to get No. 8. That explains why they had Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer and Jeff Green in on Tuesday. And why they'll get Brandan Wright and Al Thornton in today.

However, a source says the Suns are not the front-runners to get the pick. Several other teams are offering better deals for No. 8, including the Sixers (offering No. 12 and No. 21), Warriors (offering Monta Ellis and No. 18,, Grizzlies (???) and one mystery team that the source refused to disclose.

This would SUCK! This tells me that they WOULD be targeting Yi if he was there. Monte for Yi would BLOW!

The Knicks are trying to move up higher in the first round -- presumably to get their hands on Boston College's Sean Williams. According to sources, they've spoken with the Warriors about a deal that would net them the No. 18 pick if they'd be willing to take back Adonal Foyle's ridiculous contract. The Knicks could put a package together that included Jared Jeffries and Mardy Collins.

This is VERY interesting. Obviously the big thing here is financial flexibility by getting rid of Foyle's contract. Jeffries is intriguing because he is a VERY good defensive player but it does not address our need for interior rebounding and defense. Not sure I would do this though. I would rather just take Williams ourself and then use Foyle as a barganing chip next year when he is an expirer. I dont know much about Collins at all.

Ellis Almost Traded
Jun 27 - The Warriors seriously considered giving up second-year guard Monta Ellis in order to move up in Thursday's NBA draft, the Contra Costa Times has learned. But the Warriors never pulled the trigger.
According to a league source, the Warriors had a deal on the table that would send Ellis to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 11 overall pick. The move-up in the draft presumably would have been a first step toward getting one of the most promising players in the draft, Chinese forward Yi Jianlian. -- Contra Costa Times

Trading Ellis to move up 7 spots in the draft????? Man, I am just praying all this Yi talk does not pan out.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:51 am
badabing8888 wrote:Here are a couple more:

The Bobcats are telling teams they'll make a decision sometime today on what to do with the No. 8 pick. As we discussed on Monday, they have been shopping this pick hard for the past several weeks and collected five to six legitimate offers for the pick.

Andy Katz reported last night that the Suns were one of the teams in the mix to get No. 8. That explains why they had Joakim Noah, Corey Brewer and Jeff Green in on Tuesday. And why they'll get Brandan Wright and Al Thornton in today.

However, a source says the Suns are not the front-runners to get the pick. Several other teams are offering better deals for No. 8, including the Sixers (offering No. 12 and No. 21), Warriors (offering Monta Ellis and No. 18,, Grizzlies (???) and one mystery team that the source refused to disclose.

This would SUCK! This tells me that they WOULD be targeting Yi if he was there. Monte for Yi would BLOW!

The Knicks are trying to move up higher in the first round -- presumably to get their hands on Boston College's Sean Williams. According to sources, they've spoken with the Warriors about a deal that would net them the No. 18 pick if they'd be willing to take back Adonal Foyle's ridiculous contract. The Knicks could put a package together that included Jared Jeffries and Mardy Collins.

This is VERY interesting. Obviously the big thing here is financial flexibility by getting rid of Foyle's contract. Jeffries is intriguing because he is a VERY good defensive player but it does not address our need for interior rebounding and defense. Not sure I would do this though. I would rather just take Williams ourself and then use Foyle as a barganing chip next year when he is an expirer. I dont know much about Collins at all.

Ellis Almost Traded
Jun 27 - The Warriors seriously considered giving up second-year guard Monta Ellis in order to move up in Thursday's NBA draft, the Contra Costa Times has learned. But the Warriors never pulled the trigger.
According to a league source, the Warriors had a deal on the table that would send Ellis to the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the No. 11 overall pick. The move-up in the draft presumably would have been a first step toward getting one of the most promising players in the draft, Chinese forward Yi Jianlian. -- Contra Costa Times

Trading Ellis to move up 7 spots in the draft????? Man, I am just praying all this Yi talk does not pan out.

The Ellis for 11 rumor simply can't be true. Everybody knows he's worthmuch more. I am sure we could land number 5 with him, and we'd still get raped imo.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:27 am
cladden wrote:The Ellis for 11 rumor simply can't be true. Everybody knows he's worthmuch more. I am sure we could land number 5 with him, and we'd still get raped imo.

I don't know about #5. That's gonna be a pretty valuable pick after all. But I'm sure Ellis would be enough to move up to #8, at least (which, as badabing8888 pointed, would suck)

badabing8888 wrote:

I don't like that trade. In that scenario, we should take Sean Williams for ourselves. Jeffries has a bad contract (til 2011, and a bit over $6 million for most of it) and Collins is just a backup PG. The Knicks would get the best part of the deal, as they'd get the player they covet and the cap room (in two years Foyle's contract it's over).

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:00 pm
[/quote]

I don't like that trade. In that scenario, we should take Sean Williams for ourselves. Jeffries has a bad contract (til 2011, and a bit over $6 million for most of it) and Collins is just a backup PG. The Knicks would get the best part of the deal, as they'd get the player they covet and the cap room (in two years Foyle's contract it's over).[/quote]

truth. take on a bad jeffries contract and our pick and a bum for an expiring contract in 2 years? i dont think so
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:53 pm
Monta is better than most players coming out in this draft anyway! #11 is an insult to Ellis.

As tMC said, Jeffries' contract is onger than Foyle's so not a good trade

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:11 pm
Monta is worth at least somewhere below the top five. A scorer being paid about a good 200K less than a mil? And he's only 21? I just hope were not moving up to get Yi, I'd rather get Corey Brewer if we were in the range of 7-10.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:56 am
xbaywarrior wrote:A scorer being paid about a good 200K less than a mil?

Not for long. He'll get a big fat check next season, so any team we may trade him to has to keep in mind they're going to pony up for next season.Monta's not a cheap player anymore.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:02 am
xbaywarrior wrote:Monta is worth at least somewhere below the top five. A scorer being paid about a good 200K less than a mil? And he's only 21? I just hope were not moving up to get Yi, I'd rather get Corey Brewer if we were in the range of 7-10.

Monta is definately a steal right now. I remember Tim Hardaway being on about $600,000 for a few years early in his career and he was an absolute star. If a trade was to happen, it better be worth it!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades