ANOTHER KG trade thread.....

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:49 pm
It looks more and more like KG to the Warriors is a huge possibility. My money is on Chi getting him but......

What is the most we offer for KG?

Monta, AB and JRich and AL?

Monta, AB and Jrich and Sjax?

I doubt we do either of those....

But what is the most youd offer for KG. If you dont take the time to make the salaries match dont bother. You cant say AB and Monta and fillers....Cause we all know Minny wont take Foyle's contract as a filler.

So basically 2 out of 3 of these guys have to be involved. JRich, SJAX, and AL.

whatchu offer?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:37 pm
KG is the only guy that I would be willing to break up the team for. Whether it would make us substantially better... who knows but man would it be fun.

Anyway, I would trade JRich, Harrington and two #1's (this year and next) for KG. However I dont think the salaries work here so we would have to include a filler like Jasecevicus (or however you spell it).

Minny would get two players that are still young enough along with 2 #1 picks. Who know if either side would do it, but I would be willing to go that high for him
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:20 pm
Firstly, what makes you think it looks more and more like the Warriors will get KG? The most likely thing is that Garnett is traded to the East, if he is traded at all but most likely that he will opt out of his existing contract after next season and be a free agent.

Because of the fact that he is no guarantee to stick around past one season, I would make NO TRADE at all for him!

Talking about what I'd give up for him if the contract situation was different - No more than JRich, Harrington, this drafts #18 pick and a resigned Pietrus. That is more than enough talent for a team that has little. JRich and Harrington instant starters and Pietus maybe as well. This is a deep draft and McHale would likely go after a white gut like Jason Smith or McRoberts, giving them a decent starting five right there, with RDavis and Foye.

Lineups:

TWolves
PG - Foye/7th or 18th Pick?(Law/Crittenton?)/Jaric
SG - JRich//McCants/Hassell
SF - RDavis/Pietrus
PF - Harrington/Madsen
C - 7th or 18th pick?(Hawes/Splitter/Noah/Jason Smith?)/Blount
Not a bad lineup, especially if they get good draft picks that fill needs at PG and Center. Better than they had this past season

Warriors
PG - Baron/Jask?/2nd round pick?
SG - Monta/Azu?
SF - SJackson/Barnes
PF - Garnett/Powell
C - Biedrins/O'bryant
Couple more players need to be attained to fill out the roster but this is a very good lineup BUT, I don't see it as much better than the one here right now as there would be no depth, especially at PG and SG so with one injury, things could get real bad

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:12 pm
migya wrote:Firstly, what makes you think it looks more and more like the Warriors will get KG?

Easy, He said he doesnt want to go to Boston, so thats one less NBA team he will be traded to SO its more likely we will get him (1 less team).

Why you gotta start whining and asking stupid questions? If u dont like the thread stay out of it. Your a mod you should know better by now.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:21 am
Money wrote:It looks more and more like KG to the Warriors is a huge possibility. My money is on Chi getting him but......

What is the most we offer for KG?

Monta, AB and JRich and AL?

Monta, AB and Jrich and Sjax?

I doubt we do either of those....

But what is the most youd offer for KG. If you dont take the time to make the salaries match dont bother. You cant say AB and Monta and fillers....Cause we all know Minny wont take Foyle's contract as a filler.

So basically 2 out of 3 of these guys have to be involved. JRich, SJAX, and AL.

whatchu offer?

I actually think the Wolves wouldn't mind Foyle. By the time they're getting ready to compete he's coming off the books and they can sign a big name dude. Foyle ofcourse can't be the meat of the trade but his contract is fine for Minny.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:08 am
Money wrote:
migya wrote:Firstly, what makes you think it looks more and more like the Warriors will get KG?

Easy, He said he doesnt want to go to Boston, so thats one less NBA team he will be traded to SO its more likely we will get him (1 less team).

Why you gotta start whining and asking stupid questions? If u dont like the thread stay out of it. Your a mod you should know better by now.

Your statement meant it sound like you thought the Warriors were close to getting Garnett and I found that pretty ridiculous. No need to go overboard, I wasn't making fun

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:23 am
migya wrote:
Money wrote:

Your statement meant it sound like you thought the Warriors were close to getting Garnett and I found that pretty ridiculous. No need to go overboard, I wasn't making fun

my bad, well i said in original post i still think KG will be a Bull next season. But Boston was always a huge contender to get KG and now KG smoked them I just think our odds got a whole lot better. If the Bulls get scared, who knows a package of JRich (they will no doubt hype him around the end of 05-06 season, slam dunk champ) and Al Harrington and a couple picks could work. Its more likely than its ever been.

This was just a thread to see how much people would offer. Thats all. I wouldnt trade JRich, AL, AB and Monta. But id do Monta, AB and Foyle.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:00 pm
I don't want Garnett anymore really because the current roster is young and should only get better but JRich, Harrington, Pietrus and #18 pick is the most that should be given just thinking about such a trade

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:20 am
ellis, ab, al, this year's draft pick, $20 from my pocket, my Wii....whatever it takes, we should do it.

i'd give those guys up in a heartbeat to pick up KG...

AND, some form of written agreement that he is to sign an extension that will keep him here for awhile...we'd be idiots not to pick up KG and bank our future on ellis and ab.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:12 am
We don't want to be left with a similar team to what the TWolves have now so can't trade that much

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:32 pm
aletha33 wrote:ellis, ab, al, this year's draft pick, $20 from my pocket, my Wii....whatever it takes, we should do it.

i'd give those guys up in a heartbeat to pick up KG...

AND, some form of written agreement that he is to sign an extension that will keep him here for awhile...we'd be idiots not to pick up KG and bank our future on ellis and ab.

I agree. We then need to use our mid-level exception on another top veteran talent that wants to win now. Between KG and Baron they could recruit someone down to take a paycut.

We start

PG. Baron
SG. JRich
SF. SJax
PF. KG
C. hmm. (still figuring it out)

That 4 right there can hang with anyone in the NBA, as long as Baron stays healthy. We get 2 or 3 LEGIT chances at winning the Championship.

Return to Trades