GS, Ind, Bos Blockbuster

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:07 am
Not sure how the salaries are supposed to work; whether each team has to give out players that are close in salary to the players each of the other teams involved in the trade handout or whether they just have to giveout players that are close to the salary of the players they get back.
Here is a big trade:

Warriors send JRich and O'bryant to Pacers, Send Harrington and #18 pick to Celts
Pacers send Jermaine to Celts, Send David Harrison to Warriors
Celts send Pierce, Wally and #5 to Warriors, Send Telfair and Ratliff to Pacers.

Therefore:
Warriors outgoing = JRich, Harrington, O'bryant and #18
Pacers outgoing = Jermaine and Harrison
Celts outgoing = Pierce, Wally, Ratliff, Telfair and #5

Warriors Incoming = Pierce, Harrison and #5
Pacers Incoming = JRich, O'bryant, Telfair and Ratliff
Celts Incoming = Jermaine, Harrington and #18

Pacers get rid of Jermaine and still have Murphy, Foster and Diogu to man the PF and C. They get Telfair who could be the PG they need and Ratliff who will be an expirer, setting them up to target freeagents.

Celtics get the star Center to pair with Al Jefferson and Harrington who can play SF or PF and supply the good outside shooting that is needed next to the inside duo. They can pick Crittenton if he is available as they could use another PG as neither West or Rondo has been a real answer at PG, though they are decent.

Warriors get a Harrison who in limited time has shown he can block some shots, score and rebound pretty well. Pierce joins his good friend Baron and replaces JRich at SG or SF and gives a real superstar to the team. Wally is still a productive player and his shooting could be a real asset. The #5 pick could be used to get a quality PF.

Again, not sure about the how the salaries have to work but each team gets back roughly similar salaries that they give up.

A blockbuster but the Pacers look to trade Jermaine and it will be a total reorganisation of the roster as they need a great SG and O'bryant could become their starting Center if he pans out. Telfair could be the answer instead of Tinsley who they might look to get rid of as well.

Celtics would have loved to get Oden but Jermaine is an established superstar and that lineup would easily be a playoff one if they stay healthy.

Warriors would lose the loyal JRich but Pierce is better and a great clutch player. The #5 pick would replace Harrington

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:42 am
You're in full trade mode today, bro. Nice. Gives more life to the board.

Don't know if I like it. Sounds good for us and Boston, but the Pacers don't get much value for Jermaine (other than becoming the new Warriors east). J-Rich is the only player worth something. Telfair sucks and may be out of the league in two years, Ratliff only has value as a expirer and POB... well...

I think they'll have better offers if they're willing to trade Jermaine than that one.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 am
TMC wrote:You're in full trade mode today, bro. Nice. Gives more life to the board.

Don't know if I like it. Sounds good for us and Boston, but the Pacers don't get much value for Jermaine (other than becoming the new Warriors east). J-Rich is the only player worth something. Telfair sucks and may be out of the league in two years, Ratliff only has value as a expirer and POB... well...

I think they'll have better offers if they're willing to trade Jermaine than that one.

Yea, just trying to start coversation as the forum has had much less talk lately.

I tried to come up with needs for each team as well as keeping the talent level fair. Jermaine is a star but the Pacers are in need of change and they might well want to go young. JRich is a better SG than they have had in a long time and coupled with Telfair (who might well be out of the nba soon or go as far as becoming an allstar), they could be a great backcourt. O'bryant has proven nothing, hasn't played much actually, but he was a lottery pick and maybe Bird could see him as a nice, youthful prospect for them. As I said, Ratliff is an expirer and they could use him as trade bait before the trade deadline or keep the salary to go after key freeagents next offseason.

The Pacers might get better trade offers than that, might not

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:35 pm
EWWWW...

We lose JRich AND Harrington and only get Paul Pierce back?! I'd be willing to trade one or the other for him (with fillers, of course), but not both. We need big men, not guards. Losing one of our bigs (like Harrington) in exchange for somebody who can't play anything bigger than SF is a mistake.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:02 pm
We'd be getting Boston's 5th pick, thus being able to get the real PF the team needs. Harrington will never be more than what he has shown and that is not a proper PF

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:58 am
Even though we'd get their 5th pick, Horford would most likely be gone. That's the guy we'd want if we were in the top 5. No other player (other than Oden and Durant of course) would be worth taking, really.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:37 am
You're really underrating guys like Brandon Wright, the top pick after Oden and Durant really. By getting the 5th pick, the team could get either Horford or BWright, as atlanta will likely be picking Conley with the 3rd pick and Memphis likely picking one of either Horford or BWright. This trade sounds very good looking at it that way

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:50 am
32 wrote:EWWWW...

We lose JRich AND Harrington and only get Paul Pierce back?! I'd be willing to trade one or the other for him (with fillers, of course), but not both. We need big men, not guards. Losing one of our bigs (like Harrington) in exchange for somebody who can't play anything bigger than SF is a mistake.

I think Pierce and the pick are worth those two guys. Actually, I think it'd be a steal for us...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:22 am
It is only Ainge's view of Jermaine that is the factor. Jermaine has had injury issues the last couple of years or so and that can be a deteent but pairing Jefferson with Jermaine is monstrous

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:54 pm
TMC wrote:

I think Pierce and the pick are worth those two guys. Actually, I think it'd be a steal for us...

It'd be a steal if we could swing Al Hortford in the draft (which we won't, at #5).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:03 pm
TMC wrote:

I'd do it I think. Saves us some salary as well. All depends on how JRich comes back but it looks like a pretty good deal to me. Ofcourse Indy wouldn't touch it with a fork.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:58 pm
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:

I'd do it I think. Saves us some salary as well. All depends on how JRich comes back but it looks like a pretty good deal to me. Ofcourse Indy wouldn't touch it with a fork.

Pacers would go for this deal because Jermaine has already made it clear he wants to go because that team has been pretty bad. They would get to rebuild with JRich and would have players with potential in Telfair and Diogu. O'bryant is a possibility of getting good as well. The key is getting Ratliff who can be a valuable trade piece as an expirer. They would uch salary space to go after freeagents if they keep Ratliff until he expires as well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:38 am
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:

That's what I think. That trade sucks big time for Indy. And, after the Dunmurphy fiasco, they're not in a position to take risks in trades.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 am
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:

That's what I think. That trade sucks big time for Indy. And, after the Dunmurphy fiasco, they're not in a position to take risks in trades.

They probably knew they were getting screwed in that deal talent-wise. It was all about losing Jackson and that part has worked according to plan.

Return to Trades