KG for JRich and Al Harrington

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:10 pm
http://www.realgm.com/src_tradechecker/4/

If we keeping Baron then time to win is now, he's in his prime and will only decline with age due to injuries.

JRich, Al, Sarunas and our first round pick for KG is pretty good deal for Minny. Team will be at least as competitive as this years team, more exciting and younger.

TWolves

PG. McCants or Foye (not sure who would work out best)
SG. JRich
SF. Davis
PF. Harirngton
C. Blount

Hopefully they can draft Coney Jr with the 7th pick so he can run the team. Trade Davis/McCants/Foye and our 17th to move up in draft for a big guy to replace Blount. Either way they have alot of young 2's and 3's to trade for a quality big.

Warriors

PG. Baron Davis
SG. Monta
SF. SJax
PF. KG
C. Biedrins

We ready to win now and keep Monta and AB. We can sign a veteran with the MLE and we ready to rumble, Baron and KG both have clout to lure one of their buddies over.

(Baron might be pissed his boy Al is gone)

Only problem is Minny would want AB, but it wouldnt make sense for us to give them JRich and AL (both need to be traded for salary reasons) and AB. Unless we can get a Big equal to AB for the next two years.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:20 pm
A viable trade that both teams would go for.

The TWolves add two very good players that would impact immediately but it wouldn't translate to more wins UNLESS Foye (their only PG now as McCants is a SG) can continue his development and become like Deron Williams in his second season, which is a real possibility, as Foye has shown very good ability already. With their lottery pick (#7) the TWolves should really go for a Center or a big PF that could play Center as that is their biggest need. Maybe Spencer Hawes would be the go for them or Tiago Splitter (but he likely won't play next season, still a good investment). With the 18th pick, they could get the best player available, probably a PF would be the best thing as Harrington scores well but doesn't rebound that great.

The Warriors get Garnett and instantly become real contenders. As far as resigning Biedrins and Monta; KG gets alot of money so it would not be that easy. He also has an option to opt out of his contract in two seasons so the team could only have him for two season possibily. Really somewhat of a gamble longterm but definately a boost immediately.

I wouldn't go for it. As much as I like Garnett I sense the risk in him right now, not in ability but in giving alot to get him and only getting a bit better and only short term. I really think that resigning Biedrins and Monta is essential for now and the future and with Garnett's contract, that could be near impossible to do. A viable trade though

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:30 pm
migya wrote:I really think that resigning Biedrins and Monta is essential for now and the future and with Garnett's contract, that could be near impossible to do. A viable trade though

Right, but i look at it like this, we have Baron and KG for two years if we dont get to the Finals by then we unload both their contracts resign Monta and AB and start over right this time.

This lets Baron and KG know they have 2 years to get it done. Puts everyone on notice.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:47 pm
Money wrote: Only problem is Minny would want AB, but it wouldnt make sense for us to give them JRich and AL (both need to be traded for salary reasons) and AB. Unless we can get a Big equal to AB for the next two years.

That’s more than likely who’d they want (at least): J-Rich, Harrington, and Dre (or Monta). This might be a very realistic thing that Mullin might already be mulling over.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:32 am
Money wrote:
migya wrote:I really think that resigning Biedrins and Monta is essential for now and the future and with Garnett's contract, that could be near impossible to do. A viable trade though

Right, but i look at it like this, we have Baron and KG for two years if we dont get to the Finals by then we unload both their contracts resign Monta and AB and start over right this time.

This lets Baron and KG know they have 2 years to get it done. Puts everyone on notice.

I don't want to start over! This team has finally been built well and losing Baron and KG (if the trade you proposed was to happen) for nothing would be hell!

This current group has the chance and ability to be a playoff team for a good decade and I'd rather that than a very short term shot at a championship and then plunging back to being awful

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:45 am
migya wrote:A viable trade that both teams would go for.

Not Minny. Even if it means getting less talent, KG will be traded to the East.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:46 am
TMC wrote:

I know where you're coming from but I really do think that they would go for talent if it was the right trade. In this trade, they get very good players that are still young

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:58 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I know where you're coming from but I really do think that they would go for talent if it was the right trade. In this trade, they get very good players that are still young

No, they're retarded. They'll trade him to the east for 3 picks to waste on Ndubi Ebis... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:48 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

No, they're retarded. They'll trade him to the east for 3 picks to waste on Ndubi Ebis... :wink:

It is McHale after all :wink:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:44 pm
TMC wrote:

Exactly. Not even McHale would keep Garnett in the West.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:51 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

Exactly. Not even McHale would keep Garnett in the West.

I dont know about that. Ideally any team would trade their All-Star to the other conference, but thats assuming the talent is even. If you can upgrade your team significantly more trading with a team in the West than you can trading with a team in the East you have to do it. Just look at what happen to Lakers when they traded Shaq to the East for less than coulda got in the West. Now Kobe wants out and the Clippers will be better than them for the next 5 years.

The new Boston trade is better than this one is though. Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, throw in and the 5th pick is great, plus the expiring contract of Ratliff.

But only other real option is Luol Deng and Gordon for KG, and id rather have JRich and Harrington. More so than us being a West Coast team i think Minny wanting Monta or AB will be the sticking point.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:02 pm
migya wrote:
This current group has the chance and ability to be a playoff team for a good decade and I'd rather that than a very short term shot at a championship and then plunging back to being awful

Good decade? I dont think so Migya. This team, as built, is a playoff team for as long as Baron stays healthy. I give BD 3 more years max before he breaks down. His contract is up in 2, so we got 2 years to make a run, and we will only have a legit shot at the Championship IF we get a different, bigger just as talented PF and IF Nelly stays. The way this team is built.

The GREAT thing about this team is that we have only one more DUNGleavy type contract in Foyle. We have actual talent and will have cap flexibilty when Foyle and Baron come off the books. In the future (3 years) we build around Monta and AB if they continue to develop and bring in another young stud by trading JRich. Some young SF/SG we havent even heard of yet. That will be the future.

So we trade for KG, have a heallauva ride for 2 seasons and at the end of the ride see where we stand. If we truly close, resign KG n Baron to 4 year extensions use MLE and go for two more years riding BD and KG. Thing is if we do that AB and Monta get moved and we will suck the last 2 years of BD and KG's extension. But thats the price you pay.

Easiest thing to do is move either JRich or Al straight up for THE PF we need. But believe me if we dont get another PF by this season we will be bounced in the first or second round again. With AL at the 4 we cannot beat Utah, SA or even Denver in a playoff series. You can even through in PHX, regardless of what happens to Marion. Stoudamire will average 35 points a game against us.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:45 pm
If I were KG and this trade proposal went down, that'd be a straight slap in KG's face. No disrespect to JRich & Al, but that'd be one sh*tty trade for Minny. Sorry, he'd cost much more than Al & JRIch... McHale's retarded - but not that retarded.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:15 am
aletha33 wrote:If I were KG and this trade proposal went down, that'd be a straight slap in KG's face. No disrespect to JRich & Al, but that'd be one sh*tty trade for Minny. Sorry, he'd cost much more than Al & JRIch... McHale's retarded - but not that retarded.

I agree KG is worth a whole lot more than JRich and AL but Shaq was worth more than what LA got for him and i dont even remember who Philly got for AI. SO you hardly ever get equal value when you trade superstars.

There are only a few teams that can offer something Minny wants. Im just speaking from what has already been out there. Like i said Boston deal is best so far, I like our deal more than CHI's deal if its only Deng and Gordon (if Chi adds the PF kid they just drafted then they trump us).

Kobe wont go to Minny, I doubt PHX offers Marion and Barbosa or Stoudamire and Barbosa. So besides Bostons deal I dont see another rumored deal better than this one.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:38 am
Money wrote:I agree KG is worth a whole lot more than JRich and AL but Shaq was worth more than what LA got for him and i dont even remember who Philly got for AI. SO you hardly ever get equal value when you trade superstars.

And those two guys were traded to the opposite conference... even tho their teams had better offers on the table.
Next

Return to Trades