GS & Bobcats

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:07 am
Just thinking of another possible trade and thought of the following one:

JRich, Harrington, #18 and #36 for GWallace, Brevin Knight, #8 and #22.

GWallace will resign for roughly what JRich is getting (1 million or so less even). GWallace plays better defense and rebounds better than JRich. Brevin would be a great backup PG that could even play alongside Baron at times with Baron playing some SG. Harrington goes but the #8 pick is used to get a better rebounding and defending PF. #22 pick could get another useful player, maybe to replace Pietrus if he is not resigned. The Warriors get better defensively, with GWallace and SJackson together being a lockdown duo and also with a draft pick PF. The backup PG spot is properly covered with Knight and if Baron gets injured again, a very good playmaking PG to cover him.

Bobcats get the SG they are after and Harrington upgrades their talent significantly, maybe even being the starting SF or PF. They have Felton at starting PG and could even replace Brevin with the #18 pick (Crittendon) or go for the best player available.


Not a bad trade thought but losing JRich (especially that outside shot) would be a pitty
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:28 pm
I'm not as high on Gerald Wallace as most people seem to be. He's a good player, but not as good as his numbers imply. He's overrated just for playing a leading role in a lousy team.


Also, the Bobcats won't do that trade if they're forced to trade the #8 pick.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:59 pm
I like Wallace but the comparisons with JRich as not exactly apples to apples.

First of all, they don't even play the same position. Wallace is a SF compared to SG (yes, both of them can play either at times but a majority of their minutes are at SF and SG respectively).

Secondly, JRich is a very good rebounder for a G. In fact two years ago, he led the NBA in rebounds from a guard. I admit, Wallace is a better player defensively.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:37 pm
TMC wrote:I'm not as high on Gerald Wallace as most people seem to be. He's a good player, but not as good as his numbers imply. He's overrated just for playing a leading role in a lousy team.


Also, the Bobcats won't do that trade if they're forced to trade the #8 pick.



Bobcats gets more talented with this trade and Harrington is probably a better fit for them than anyone they could pick at #8. They could get a Center but Okafor can play there and May or Harrington could be the PF. With a PF loaded draft (not what the Bobcats really need), it makes more sense for the Warriors to get what they need than the Bobcats
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
Posts: 967
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:14 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:37 pm
I still dont know about Gerald Wallace. Hes a streaky dude, plus hes prone to weird weird injuries.

Although I do agree that Wallace and Sjax would be a lockem down duo, but what we really need is a PF, Harrington is just too small when it comes down to the playoff ball.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:27 am
GWallace has been injuryprone his entire career up until last season. I was just trying to create some conversation in the Trades Section, I wouldn't do this trade because JRich is a loyal player of the team and his outside shooting and allround skill is valuable
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:43 pm
I wouldn't trade Richardson for Gerald Wallace, straight-up... let alone throwing in Al Harrington for a point guard whose twice as injury-prone as Baron Davis.

No thanks.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:14 am
migya wrote:Just thinking of another possible trade and thought of the following one:

JRich, Harrington, #18 and #36 for GWallace, Brevin Knight, #8 and #22.

GWallace will resign for roughly what JRich is getting (1 million or so less even). GWallace plays better defense and rebounds better than JRich. Brevin would be a great backup PG that could even play alongside Baron at times with Baron playing some SG. Harrington goes but the #8 pick is used to get a better rebounding and defending PF. #22 pick could get another useful player, maybe to replace Pietrus if he is not resigned. The Warriors get better defensively, with GWallace and SJackson together being a lockdown duo and also with a draft pick PF. The backup PG spot is properly covered with Knight and if Baron gets injured again, a very good playmaking PG to cover him.

Bobcats get the SG they are after and Harrington upgrades their talent significantly, maybe even being the starting SF or PF. They have Felton at starting PG and could even replace Brevin with the #18 pick (Crittendon) or go for the best player available.


Not a bad trade thought but losing JRich (especially that outside shot) would be a pitty




I just found this thread I made a couple of months ago about Warriors and Bobcats doing a trade and low and behold, both did do a trade and it was JRich for the #8 pick (BWright).

The trade I proposed was viable and the team would have gotten far more than they did
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:01 am
migya wrote:
migya wrote:Just thinking of another possible trade and thought of the following one:

JRich, Harrington, #18 and #36 for GWallace, Brevin Knight, #8 and #22.

GWallace will resign for roughly what JRich is getting (1 million or so less even). GWallace plays better defense and rebounds better than JRich. Brevin would be a great backup PG that could even play alongside Baron at times with Baron playing some SG. Harrington goes but the #8 pick is used to get a better rebounding and defending PF. #22 pick could get another useful player, maybe to replace Pietrus if he is not resigned. The Warriors get better defensively, with GWallace and SJackson together being a lockdown duo and also with a draft pick PF. The backup PG spot is properly covered with Knight and if Baron gets injured again, a very good playmaking PG to cover him.

Bobcats get the SG they are after and Harrington upgrades their talent significantly, maybe even being the starting SF or PF. They have Felton at starting PG and could even replace Brevin with the #18 pick (Crittendon) or go for the best player available.


Not a bad trade thought but losing JRich (especially that outside shot) would be a pitty




I just found this thread I made a couple of months ago about Warriors and Bobcats doing a trade and low and behold, both did do a trade and it was JRich for the #8 pick (BWright).

The trade I proposed was viable and the team would have gotten far more than they did


Well. The bobcats got a lot less in your deal. Essentially the deal we did was a salary dump that will allow us to resign Monta and Biedrins. Talent-wise we could have gotten better return for JRich I am sure but we needed to dump salary and getting a potential monster back I'd say the trade that went down was far superior for both us and the Bobcats.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:48 am
cladden wrote:
migya wrote:
migya wrote:Just thinking of another possible trade and thought of the following one:

JRich, Harrington, #18 and #36 for GWallace, Brevin Knight, #8 and #22.

GWallace will resign for roughly what JRich is getting (1 million or so less even). GWallace plays better defense and rebounds better than JRich. Brevin would be a great backup PG that could even play alongside Baron at times with Baron playing some SG. Harrington goes but the #8 pick is used to get a better rebounding and defending PF. #22 pick could get another useful player, maybe to replace Pietrus if he is not resigned. The Warriors get better defensively, with GWallace and SJackson together being a lockdown duo and also with a draft pick PF. The backup PG spot is properly covered with Knight and if Baron gets injured again, a very good playmaking PG to cover him.

Bobcats get the SG they are after and Harrington upgrades their talent significantly, maybe even being the starting SF or PF. They have Felton at starting PG and could even replace Brevin with the #18 pick (Crittendon) or go for the best player available.


Not a bad trade thought but losing JRich (especially that outside shot) would be a pitty




I just found this thread I made a couple of months ago about Warriors and Bobcats doing a trade and low and behold, both did do a trade and it was JRich for the #8 pick (BWright).

The trade I proposed was viable and the team would have gotten far more than they did


Well. The bobcats got a lot less in your deal. Essentially the deal we did was a salary dump that will allow us to resign Monta and Biedrins. Talent-wise we could have gotten better return for JRich I am sure but we needed to dump salary and getting a potential monster back I'd say the trade that went down was far superior for both us and the Bobcats.



Well, getting Harrington would not be shaby at all for them. Us getting Knight (a great PG backup) and the 8th pick anyway (probably BWright anyway) would be ideal. Getting GWallace at the price he signed for would top it off as the defense on the team would be so much better and the offense likely just as good
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:06 am
migya wrote:
migya wrote:Just thinking of another possible trade and thought of the following one:

JRich, Harrington, #18 and #36 for GWallace, Brevin Knight, #8 and #22.

GWallace will resign for roughly what JRich is getting (1 million or so less even). GWallace plays better defense and rebounds better than JRich. Brevin would be a great backup PG that could even play alongside Baron at times with Baron playing some SG. Harrington goes but the #8 pick is used to get a better rebounding and defending PF. #22 pick could get another useful player, maybe to replace Pietrus if he is not resigned. The Warriors get better defensively, with GWallace and SJackson together being a lockdown duo and also with a draft pick PF. The backup PG spot is properly covered with Knight and if Baron gets injured again, a very good playmaking PG to cover him.

Bobcats get the SG they are after and Harrington upgrades their talent significantly, maybe even being the starting SF or PF. They have Felton at starting PG and could even replace Brevin with the #18 pick (Crittendon) or go for the best player available.


Not a bad trade thought but losing JRich (especially that outside shot) would be a pitty




I just found this thread I made a couple of months ago about Warriors and Bobcats doing a trade and low and behold, both did do a trade and it was JRich for the #8 pick (BWright).

The trade I proposed was viable and the team would have gotten far more than they did

The Warriors made a more viable trade.

In your proposal, the Warriors would have added Al Harrington and Marco Belinelli in exchange for Gerald Wallace and Brevin Knight from the 'Cats. Good luck getting Charlotte not to laugh at that. Gerald Wallace is way better than Harrington and Brevin Knight is far more proven than Belinelli (not to mention, Marco's stock wasn't nearly as high before his summer league performance, so the trade looked even worse a few weeks ago).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:42 am
Not to mention that Brevin Knight was a free agent...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13507
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm
Exactly. There's no way they'd have gone through the pain-the-their-ass of a sign & trade just to get screwed out of one of the most versatile, youngest, most athletic SFs in the game.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21362
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:32 am
It was a better trade for both teams, especially the Warriors
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:55 am
migya wrote:It was a better trade for both teams, especially the Warriors


That I won't deny...
Next

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron