Kenyon Martin anyone?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:44 am
Money wrote:KMART is damaged goods. Ill pass.

Ill do Nene for JRich though...

No way. Nene's contract is terrible. We would be forced to not re-sign Ellis and/or Biedrins if we trade for him. He also has a lot of things to prove.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:44 pm
tkono wrote:
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
~W~ wrote:So I know Kenyon has a bum knee and poor attitude but who doesnt in the NBA??

I'm not sure if the salary works outs but if Nuggest re-sign Steve Blake and ship him and Kenyon to the Warriors for:

Foyle, and (sign and trade Petrius)

would that work?

No. K-Mart has a max contract... we still would be far away on the salaries.

Not to mention Denver gets royally screwed in that deal. Kenyon Martin for Pietrus, alone, is a kick in the balls... let alone trying to throw Foyle in there, too.

And, like you said, he's got a bum knee, an attitude problem, and (the one you forgot) no talent without Jason Kidd.

actually most of that could be fixed with baron davis, but the injury thing really kills it for me even if there were no salary problems.

Not a bad point. I'd argue that Kenyon Martin's salary and injuries outrank whatever help he'd bring.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:12 am
32 wrote:I'd argue that Kenyon Martin's salary and injuries outrank whatever help he'd bring.

I think that we all do. He would be nice to have for half of his salary, but as it stands right now, and with his injury history... No way we (or anybody) trade for him.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:17 am
TMC wrote:

No way. Nene's contract is terrible. We would be forced to not re-sign Ellis and/or Biedrins if we trade for him. He also has a lot of things to prove.

I dont think its that far off from JRich's contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:36 am
Money wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, the amount is similar, but J-Rich is a proven player, while Nene has played a few good games from time to time. I would gladly pay that contract to J-Rich, not to Nene.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:55 am
TMC wrote:
Money wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, the amount is similar, but J-Rich is a proven player, while Nene has played a few good games from time to time. I would gladly pay that contract to J-Rich, not to Nene.

So then what does trading JRich for Nene have to do with resigning Monta and AB?

Second, yea JRich is proven and Nene is not, but what other PF can we reasonably trade JRich for that is better than Nene? Lifes all about taking risks. JRich is odd man out, Monta is more valuable while SJAX is worth more to us than anyone else.

I wouldnt mind moving Harrington for a PF and have monta come off the bench, but either way JRICH or Harrington have to be moved for a PF.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:39 am
Money wrote:So then what does trading JRich for Nene have to do with resigning Monta and AB?

Well, it wouldn't save any money to re-sign them and wouldn't make us a better team... hence, it won't help one way or another.

Money wrote:Second, yea JRich is proven and Nene is not, but what other PF can we reasonably trade JRich for that is better than Nene?

Then don't make any trade. What's the point of trading if it ain't to improve?.

Money wrote:Lifes all about taking risks. JRich is odd man out, Monta is more valuable while SJAX is worth more to us than anyone else.

I'd rather trade Monta instead of J-Rich... That doesn't mean I want to see him traded. Just that, if one of them have to go, I think J-Rich means more to us.

Money wrote:I wouldnt mind moving Harrington for a PF and have monta come off the bench, but either way JRICH or Harrington have to be moved for a PF.

Move Harrington, then. I wouldn't shed a tear if that happens. Just not sure what kind of player can we get for him...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:30 pm
KMart is not even a topic of conversation as he would be a drag on the team, especially financially. Truth is, Mullin wil find it hard to move some of the players on the team for talent because of past injury and attitude issues

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades