Kenyon Martin anyone?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:27 am
So I know Kenyon has a bum knee and poor attitude but who doesnt in the NBA??

I'm not sure if the salary works outs but if Nuggest re-sign Steve Blake and ship him and Kenyon to the Warriors for:

Foyle, and (sign and trade Petrius)

would that work?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:30 am
~W~ wrote:So I know Kenyon has a bum knee and poor attitude but who doesnt in the NBA??

I'm not sure if the salary works outs but if Nuggest re-sign Steve Blake and ship him and Kenyon to the Warriors for:

would that work?

No. K-Mart has a max contract... we still would be far away on the salaries.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:58 pm
TMC wrote:
~W~ wrote:So I know Kenyon has a bum knee and poor attitude but who doesnt in the NBA??

would that work?

Not to mention Denver gets royally screwed in that deal. Kenyon Martin for Pietrus, alone, is a kick in the balls... let alone trying to throw Foyle in there, too.

And, like you said, he's got a bum knee, an attitude problem, and (the one you forgot) no talent without Jason Kidd.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38 pm
Kenyon Martin is a real bad story. That guy is getting paid for doing fukall and isn't a very good player when he is healthy anyway. Mullin is smart enough to stay away from him and gt value for money

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:18 am
32 wrote:Not to mention Denver gets royally screwed in that deal. Kenyon Martin for Pietrus, alone, is a kick in the balls... let alone trying to throw Foyle in there, too.

Well, Denver would get a ton of cap relief in that trade. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens, although they'd probable get something else, like a draft pick or something to sweeten the deal. But that could be the only way to get rid of that contract.

migya wrote:Kenyon Martin is a real bad story. That guy is getting paid for doing fukall and isn't a very good player when he is healthy anyway. Mullin is smart enough to stay away from him and gt value for money

Come on, K-Mart is a good player. Not great, and needs a true PG to play at his top level (hey, we have one in Baron), but he's not a bad player. Good defender, blocks shots, athletic (when healthy)... should be a better rebounder, but he's far from useless.

Still, he's making way too much money... We already have enough injury risks in the team.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:15 am
I'd would trade for Kenyon Martin only when he becomes expiring, and I'd only do in the final hour before the trade deadline, and I the W's would have to be in tank mode, and we'd have to get rid of 3 really bad contracts as well.

Just no.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:28 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Kenyon Martin is a real bad story. That guy is getting paid for doing fukall and isn't a very good player when he is healthy anyway. Mullin is smart enough to stay away from him and gt value for money

Come on, K-Mart is a good player. Not great, and needs a true PG to play at his top level (hey, we have one in Baron), but he's not a bad player. Good defender, blocks shots, athletic (when healthy)... should be a better rebounder, but he's far from useless.

Still, he's making way too much money... We already have enough injury risks in the team.

KMart can do some things decently, defense being the main thing but he absolutely nothing above average at anything! There are plenty of PFs that can do as good if not better and come at less than one tenth of the price

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 pm
Thunder wrote:I'd would trade for Kenyon Martin only when he becomes expiring, and I'd only do in the final hour before the trade deadline, and I the W's would have to be in tank mode, and we'd have to get rid of 3 really bad contracts as well.

Just no.

Well that would be a situation where I'd get KMart :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:15 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:Not to mention Denver gets royally screwed in that deal. Kenyon Martin for Pietrus, alone, is a kick in the balls... let alone trying to throw Foyle in there, too.

Well, Denver would get a ton of cap relief in that trade. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens, although they'd probable get something else, like a draft pick or something to sweeten the deal. But that could be the only way to get rid of that contract.

I am not that knowledgeable about the salary rules but it seems to me that Foyle plus a MLE is more money per year than KMart. That's not saying that I'd want that since KMart has another year plus a player option he'll take that Foyle doesn't but still. I think the salaries would work.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:22 am
cladden wrote:I am not that knowledgeable about the salary rules but it seems to me that Foyle plus a MLE is more money per year than KMart.

Yeah, but it's only a couple of million over K-Mart's salary (I think so, although I haven't checked the numbers of the MLE lately)... It's just that the original trade idea involved trading K-Mart and a re-signed Blake to the Dubs... and I doubt Blake will re-sign for only 2-3 million.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:21 am
Blake won't sign anywhere for under 4 million likely, but he is not a starting PG caliber player and wasn't very good in the playoffs that I read about. He could be had but I wouldn't do it for more than 4 million

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:59 am
TMC wrote:
cladden wrote:I am not that knowledgeable about the salary rules but it seems to me that Foyle plus a MLE is more money per year than KMart.

Yeah, but it's only a couple of million over K-Mart's salary (I think so, although I haven't checked the numbers of the MLE lately)... It's just that the original trade idea involved trading K-Mart and a re-signed Blake to the Dubs... and I doubt Blake will re-sign for only 2-3 million.

Yup, it was just an idea... I know Kenyon Martin is being overpaid, but so is Adonal Foyle. The thing is, we dont even use Foyle, whereas I think we would use Kenyon (if he is not injured). Kenyon needs a PG to set him up, just like AB. Last time I checked, AB was doing pretty well...

I know, its a long shot, and K-Mart is probably not the long term answer but a change a scenary and a run n gun offense again might help him out and in turn help us out. (Assuming he is healthy). By no means, am i suggesting blake as a thrown in player for salary purposes... I actually think blake would be a damn good back up for Baron.

Well...anyways, it was just an idea.. unrealistic maybe, better chance getting K-Mart then KG...

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:51 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

would that work?

Not to mention Denver gets royally screwed in that deal. Kenyon Martin for Pietrus, alone, is a kick in the balls... let alone trying to throw Foyle in there, too.

And, like you said, he's got a bum knee, an attitude problem, and (the one you forgot) no talent without Jason Kidd.

actually most of that could be fixed with baron davis, but the injury thing really kills it for me even if there were no salary problems.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:40 pm
KMART is damaged goods. Ill pass.

Ill do Nene for JRich though...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:29 am
Money wrote:KMART is damaged goods. Ill pass.

Ill do Nene for JRich though...

Nene was great late in the season and definately would be nice on the team but JRich is anestablished very good player while Nene is just coming into his own and has had issues with injuries. Really think the draft can get a contibuting PF. Stay away from question marks as the team is going in the right direction and one bad roster move could send things back to how they were

Next

Return to Trades