Trade for either the 3 or 4th pick

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:08 pm
I cant see trading JRich for a guy who has played in 58 games in two seasons. Better get a more proven talent for JRich than a guy who cant stay on the court and a 32 year old backup PG.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:24 pm
sometimes having a thirty-two-year-old point guard isn't a bad thing, especially since knight has been playing reserve minutes for the past four seasons.
"The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn of the crow." -- William Blake
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 pm
Tell Us Frankly wrote:sometimes having a thirty-two-year-old point guard isn't a bad thing, especially since knight has been playing reserve minutes for the past four seasons.

Yeah, but that's the kind of guy you get via free agency, not trading a borderline all star for him.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:19 pm
Code: Select all
Rumors from Chad Ford ESPN:

Warriors GM Chris Mullin showed up at the camp Monday. He's been in Serbia talking with last year's second-round pick, Kosta Perovic, about playing for the Warriors next season.

The Warriors have a full contingent of people here, with Baron Davis and Mickael Pietrus also showing up to talk to kids at the camp.

Pietrus said he's looking forward to testing the free agent waters this summer. He enjoyed playing for Don Nelson this year, saying it was "the most fun I've ever had playing basketball." But Pietrus said he's very concerned that Nelson will retire this summer -- a belief that several well-placed sources in the gym also held.

"I want to go to a place where I know I have a role and where I can improve my game," Pietrus said.

The Warriors, however, may want to hang on to him. Pietrus could play a bigger role in Golden State in the future. The talk here in Italy is that the Warriors are trying to move Jason Richardson and the No. 16 pick to move up higher into the draft to grab Yi Jianlian. Their targeted trade partners appear to be the Grizzlies (for Stromile Swift, Damon Stoudamire and the No. 4 pick), the Celtics (for Theo Ratliff and the No. 5) and the Bobcats.

First off I hope Pietrus is gone. Dont ever want to see him with a W's uni on again.

I would totally do that trade with the Grizz, but NOT for Yi, but for Horford. I mean getting Horford, Swift, Stoudamire (not a big fan of his though) for JRich and the 16th pick would be sweet. To bad it does not seem Mullin is wanting to trade up for him. I would be pissed if we traded up for Yi.
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:57 pm
I dislike every trade listed above. Richardson can be used to net a bonafide star. Why waste his value by trading him for a pick?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:23 pm
i think j rich is slightly overrated by dubs fans. don't get me wrong, i love the guy. he has the heart of a lion and the commitment to a team/community that is rare.

but. . . he has no intermediate game. is streaky from the three point line. cannot dribble. does not defend as well as he could.

i don't think he nets a star player in return for a trade. he is a complimentary player that gets by on explosive leaping ability and the occasional hot streak from beyond the arc.

i also think most of the league knows this.

would boston trade him straight up for paul pierce?

no.

would chicago trade him straight up for luol deng?

no.

would phoenix trade him straight up for marion?

i doubt it.

i think j rich could net guys like the following:

ben gordon, mike miller, caron butler, richard jefferson, ricky davis, and maybe corey magette.
"The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn of the crow." -- William Blake
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:36 pm
32 wrote:I dislike every trade listed above. Richardson can be used to net a bonafide star. Why waste his value by trading him for a pick?

:wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:38 pm
32 wrote:I dislike every trade listed above. Richardson can be used to net a bonafide star. Why waste his value by trading him for a pick?

The only reason I could see to do something like that would be to free up cash for signing Monta/Biedrins but I agree. If we get rid of Jason it should be for another guy that can produce bigtime.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:17 pm
would j rich get us?

i'd love to see the list.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:27 pm
Tell Us Frankly wrote:i think j rich is slightly overrated by dubs fans. don't get me wrong, i love the guy. he has the heart of a lion and the commitment to a team/community that is rare.

but. . . he has no intermediate game. is streaky from the three point line. cannot dribble. does not defend as well as he could.

i don't think he nets a star player in return for a trade. he is a complimentary player that gets by on explosive leaping ability and the occasional hot streak from beyond the arc.

no.

no.

i doubt it.

ben gordon, mike miller, caron butler, richard jefferson, ricky davis, and maybe corey magette.

Hmm... don't know if I agree with a lot of your points. Richardson's defense and handles have increased a lot since since he first broke into the league. He's still not a point guard, but the days of Richardson's shaky dribbling are long gone. And anybody who saw the second half of last season will tell you what kind of improvements he's made in the defensive and passing departments.

Jason Richardson, alone, is a 7-8 out of 10 player. No, he can't net us Top 20 players (like Paul Pierce) or future stars (like Luol Deng), but he's definately worth far more than Caron Butler or Mike Miller. In fact, Chris Mullin's been quoted saying that Richardson is the most sought after Warrior, regarding other teams looking for trades. His contract is one of the league's better bargains.

... with all of that in mind, you'd deal Richardson for an overweight, bench forward and an injury prone, old point guard?! :shock:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:53 pm
32 wrote:
Tell Us Frankly wrote:i think j rich is slightly overrated by dubs fans. don't get me wrong, i love the guy. he has the heart of a lion and the commitment to a team/community that is rare.

no.

no.

i doubt it.

Hmm... don't know if I agree with a lot of your points. Richardson's defense and handles have increased a lot since since he first broke into the league. He's still not a point guard, but the days of Richardson's shaky dribbling are long gone. And anybody who saw the second half of last season will tell you what kind of improvements he's made in the defensive and passing departments.

Jason Richardson, alone, is a 7-8 out of 10 player. No, he can't net us Top 20 players (like Paul Pierce) or future stars (like Luol Deng), but he's definately worth far more than Caron Butler or Mike Miller. In fact, Chris Mullin's been quoted saying that Richardson is the most sought after Warrior, regarding other teams looking for trades. His contract is one of the league's better bargains.

... with all of that in mind, you'd deal Richardson for an overweight, bench forward and an injury prone, old point guard?! :shock:

Mike Miller. Yeah he's way better than him. Caron Butler? I don't know. He's got game.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:26 am
Haha. Chad Ford doesn't even know which pick we have. And his trades are so ridiculous that are borderline retarded. How this guy is still a journalist is beyond me. He already forced Detroit to waste a top 3 pick in Darko (hyping him up above Melo)... and people still cares about what he writes?. Amazing.

btw, from all the trades proposed above, there's only one I'd do. J-Rich for Caron Butler. F*ck Mike Miller and Ricky Davis.

Of course, the Wizards would be crazy to do that trade.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:44 am
[Chris Mullin's been quoted saying that Richardson is the most sought after Warrior, regarding other teams looking for trades. His contract is one of the league's better bargains. ]

That's great. He's a bargain. But it doesn't say what type of players they've been offered.

My guess, is that they have not been offered a "bonafide star", which is why he is still here.

Because if they were, Nellie and Mully would pull the trigger on that.

Richardson was a big no-show for most of the Jazz series. Sorry, he didn't do a whole lot all that well. If he played to the level that most people were getting used to in the Mavs series--they move on.

[/quote]
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:25 am
JRich is a great fit for the team and because of his injury and missed time early this season, he is not valued anywhere near as highly as he was last season. The team will have to stay together for now because none of the players are really valued as highly as they produce, except Monta and Biedrins

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Trades