REALISTIC trade ideas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm
They're looking for a quality point guard... they wouldn't accomplish anything by landing Richardson, who is basically the same as Pierce but a little worse. And they wouldn't wanna trade Green for Jackson because Green is younger and has potential. Young and potential is what they are looking for right now. Not, as 32 said, peaked talent.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 pm
maracle10 wrote:use the espn trade machine its pretty accurate...if it passes through it then post it but dont waste everyones time posting rediculous trades that would never happen...also post the link.


Reading a basketball message board is in its very nature a waste of time. I enjoy the trade proposals more the more ridiculous they are. If nothing else because I know it will prompt an amusing response from 32 :-)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:44 pm
32 wrote:
maracle10 wrote:if it passes through it then post it but dont waste everyones time posting rediculous trades that would never happen...also post the link.

LMAO!

Newbie's got 5 posts under his belt and already thinks he runs the trade section. ::lol: :mrgreen:

You wanna talk about 'realistic trades'? How do you possibly see that "Brad Miller & Artest for Stephen Jackson & Foyle" trade going over with the Kings? :roll:



:mrgreen: HAHAHAHAHAHA
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:05 am
Who makes realistic trade proposals in a message board?.

Most of them work on paper, but make no sense for the teams involved. Anyways, it's funny to read them, but very few have any chance of actually happening...

btw, Stephen Jackson is as close to untradable as any player in the league. Nobody wants this guy. Remember, we took him only because that was the only way to get Murphy and Turdleavy off the books...

Rookie
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 6:06 am
Location: Tyendinaga, ON
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:48 am
with the way he played against the mavs i bet theres a team out there willing to take a 'chance' on him if thats what you wanna call it! even though he did nothing in the Jazz series
Jee Ess Dubya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:25 am
But that's the point.

Like the Pacers, we'll NEVER be able to get equal value in return for him. I'd rather just play him and have the guy who tore up Dallas in the first round.

Its like suggesting a trade for Baron Davis. The guy's injury-prone, so we'll never get what he's worth. SJax and Baron are better left on the roster, where we can enjoy their talent without worrying about how much we'll get back for damaged goods.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Oakland
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:01 am
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... ~13~13~9~9

This is the one. This would include us sending them our first round pick
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:14 am
David Wood wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2751~254~3019~3002~617&teams=13~13~13~9~9

This is the one. This would include us sending them our first round pick


I doubt the Lakers would trade for Monta (unless Kobe gets traded). Could be possible if Biedrins goes instead of Monta, but that would leave us with an extremely weak inside game... Maybe Al Harrington insteaf of Monta/Biedrins (although I doubt they'd go for that trade).

It's hard to trade inside the division. The team that proposes the trade always has to overpay...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:11 am
David Wood wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2751~254~3019~3002~617&teams=13~13~13~9~9

This is the one. This would include us sending them our first round pick

Ehhh...

The Lakers are giving up an awful lot and taking in a lotta garbage for this trade. Monta's good... but lets not forget, at the moment, he's a one-dimensional scorer. Anything more is simply potential or somebody being ignorant. Monta is a slasher right now who occasionally shoots the midrange. Basically, he's Dwayne Wade... without the huge assists numbers. Or 30 extra pounds of muscle. Or all the BS, superstar whistles. Or the IQ. He's a dumber, smaller, worse-passing, less-respected Dwayne Wade, right now.

And the Lakers are gonna give up their 2nd best prospect AND their 2nd best player (who just happens to be one of the league's Top 20 guys; a legit, bonafide triple-double threat night-in and night-out)... for Monta?

AND they'll have to swallow Adonal Foyle's contract?

And the only player we throw in to 'sweeten' the deal is our D-League center???

I really don't see LA going for it. They can get a HELLUVA lot more for Odom... and probably just as good of a trade for Farmar, too.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 575
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:52 am
Location: Oakland
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:20 pm
Errr, I can't remember how serious I was when I posted that. I don't think Farmar is THAT good of a prospect, but he's athletic and could do well as a backup pg on our team. I think the Lakers would love Monta. Kobe really doesn't play a position, he's just Kobe. You can put him in with another 2 guard and a PG, with 2 SG's or with a SF and a SG.

That being said, they would never do this trade. I would do this one though

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... 7~13~17~13

Lakers get our 1st rounder and the Nets get a future 1st rounder from us. The trade might not be what New Jersey is looking for, but it gives them more payroll flexibillity and shores up the inside.

The Lakers are giving up alot, but they are getting a bonafide HOFer and a legit 20ppg exciting player who still argueably has not reached his ceiling. Let's not forget that Foyle isn't a complete waste of space, he would actually make a decent 10-15 mpg backup on the Lakers. The guy can play D and is a better shot blocker than Kwame. The attitude of that team also instantly improves.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:50 am
My biggest gripe with that trade is that I can't see the Lakers trading Kobe inside the division, no matter how much talent they get...
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13539
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:55 pm
David Wood wrote:Errr, I can't remember how serious I was when I posted that. I don't think Farmar is THAT good of a prospect, but he's athletic and could do well as a backup pg on our team. I think the Lakers would love Monta. Kobe really doesn't play a position, he's just Kobe. You can put him in with another 2 guard and a PG, with 2 SG's or with a SF and a SG.

That being said, they would never do this trade. I would do this one though

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... 7~13~17~13

Lakers get our 1st rounder and the Nets get a future 1st rounder from us. The trade might not be what New Jersey is looking for, but it gives them more payroll flexibillity and shores up the inside.

The Lakers are giving up alot, but they are getting a bonafide HOFer and a legit 20ppg exciting player who still argueably has not reached his ceiling. Let's not forget that Foyle isn't a complete waste of space, he would actually make a decent 10-15 mpg backup on the Lakers. The guy can play D and is a better shot blocker than Kwame. The attitude of that team also instantly improves.

Well, its a nice try. I'm not sure I can see it happening.

At first, the Nets look happy to get so much back for Jason Kidd... but then you realize nothing fixes their team. Their biggest carrot in the trade (Biedrins) is roadblocked by their current starter (Kristic). And I doubt they'd wanna start a mud-slow frontcourt like Harrington/Biedrins/Kristic all together.

The Lakers make out like bandits. If Mitch Kupchak can land Jason Kidd AND Jason Richardson for Kobe Bryant (especially after Kobe's declared his desire for a trade), than he'd go from worst GM in the league to the best. There's no way Golden State would allow this trade, either. If they knew how loaded the Lakers would get in the trade, they'd bug out.

Which brings me to Golden State, where the center position is now WIDE open. Harrington. Biedrins. And Foyle. Completely gone. Patrick O'Bryant's not ready to start... and what's Nellie gonna do when he plays Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? Small ball only works when you have a big guy on the bench to fight off the ogre's like Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. O'Bryant is not that. And Vlad SURE AS **** isn't either.

This trade is flashy and features several household names, but it doesn't appear to help any of the teams above (except LA).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:21 pm
Location: Menlo Park, California
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:06 am
32 wrote:
David Wood wrote:Errr, I can't remember how serious I was when I posted that. I don't think Farmar is THAT good of a prospect, but he's athletic and could do well as a backup pg on our team. I think the Lakers would love Monta. Kobe really doesn't play a position, he's just Kobe. You can put him in with another 2 guard and a PG, with 2 SG's or with a SF and a SG.

That being said, they would never do this trade. I would do this one though

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... 7~13~17~13

Lakers get our 1st rounder and the Nets get a future 1st rounder from us. The trade might not be what New Jersey is looking for, but it gives them more payroll flexibillity and shores up the inside.

The Lakers are giving up alot, but they are getting a bonafide HOFer and a legit 20ppg exciting player who still argueably has not reached his ceiling. Let's not forget that Foyle isn't a complete waste of space, he would actually make a decent 10-15 mpg backup on the Lakers. The guy can play D and is a better shot blocker than Kwame. The attitude of that team also instantly improves.

Well, its a nice try. I'm not sure I can see it happening.

At first, the Nets look happy to get so much back for Jason Kidd... but then you realize nothing fixes their team. Their biggest carrot in the trade (Biedrins) is roadblocked by their current starter (Kristic). And I doubt they'd wanna start a mud-slow frontcourt like Harrington/Biedrins/Kristic all together.

The Lakers make out like bandits. If Mitch Kupchak can land Jason Kidd AND Jason Richardson for Kobe Bryant (especially after Kobe's declared his desire for a trade), than he'd go from worst GM in the league to the best. There's no way Golden State would allow this trade, either. If they knew how loaded the Lakers would get in the trade, they'd bug out.

Which brings me to Golden State, where the center position is now WIDE open. Harrington. Biedrins. And Foyle. Completely gone. Patrick O'Bryant's not ready to start... and what's Nellie gonna do when he plays Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan? Small ball only works when you have a big guy on the bench to fight off the ogre's like Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. O'Bryant is not that. And Vlad SURE AS **** isn't either.

This trade is flashy and features several household names, but it doesn't appear to help any of the teams above (except LA).


I'm sure we could pick up a Jason-Collins-like stiff from someone. A defensively dependable center that can't score to save his wife isn't that hard to find. Not really a big Kobe fan myself but still...
Previous

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest