REALISTIC trade ideas

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:12 am
use the espn trade machine its pretty accurate...if it passes through it then post it but dont waste everyones time posting rediculous trades that would never happen...also post the link.
Jee Ess Dubya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:24 am
I think the player that hurt Golden State the most in the second round was Stephen Jackson, here are a few trades to get him out of town...take a look!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... teams=12~9

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... =18~18~9~9

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... =23~23~9~9
Jee Ess Dubya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:18 am
i used the espn trade machine to work out this sweet little deal right here

Jason Richardson, Patrick O'Bryant, Stephen Jackson, Adonal Foyle

for

Kevin Garnett and Ricky Davis

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... ~16~16~9~9

Garnet would be perfect in our system where he could play either forward spot or evan center depending who is on the court.... and ricky davis would also add some good size and rebounding from a g/f spot taking the place of j-rich

if this scenario were to happen, i think we would sign FA rashard Lewis as Stephen Jacksons replacment, and our starting line up would be

PG- Baron Davis
SG- Monte Ellis
SF- Rashard Lewis
PF- Al Harrington
C - Kevin Garnett

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 am
If we were to take on KG's contract I really doubt that we would have enough cap room to sign Rashard Lewis. But nice trade though.
Jee Ess Dubya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:15 am
Lets bring Paul Pierce back home, him and Baron together would wreck the League. No one would be able to match up against them. Heres the trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... ms=2~2~9~9

Starting Lineup after the trade PG- Baron Davis SG- Monta Ellis SF- Paul Pierce PF- Al Harrington C- Trade or Sign someone...Biedrins is not a starting center, they need a legit starting center...someone like Dalembert or Chandler or Magloire.
Jee Ess Dubya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:10 pm
maracle10 wrote:if it passes through it then post it but dont waste everyones time posting rediculous trades that would never happen...also post the link.

LMAO!

Newbie's got 5 posts under his belt and already thinks he runs the trade section. ::lol: :mrgreen:

You wanna talk about 'realistic trades'? How do you possibly see that "Brad Miller & Artest for Stephen Jackson & Foyle" trade going over with the Kings? :roll:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:39 pm
i just threw that one in there cuz i couldnt believe it went through...id never expect the kings to take that trade. and im not thinkin i run the trade section... i just dont like wasting my time reading rediculous trades that wont happen...you are the one who bitches about stupid trade ideas, i would have thought that if anyone, you wouldnt have minded this topic but apparently you just bitch and whine about everything huh?
Jee Ess Dubya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:49 pm
maracle10 wrote:but dont waste everyones time posting rediculous trades

maracle10 wrote:but apparently you just bitch and whine about everything huh?

HAHAHAHAH!

He thinks he runs the trade section AND he's a hypocrite! What next? :mrgreen:

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:26 pm
did u play anything more than high school ball (cuz anyone can make a HS team). Or are u just some wannabe who comes on here and talks **** u probably cant back up, that lives his dreams through an nba team, just cause it makes u feel better about yourself.
Jee Ess Dubya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:27 pm
maracle10, there are two sides to realistic. There is the logistical money side which you are accounting for using that trade machine but the other side, and more important side is whether a GM would even make the trade. Just because salaries work does not make it realistic.

I mean I could trade Steve Francis and Jerome James for KG and it goes through, but does that make it realistic?

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:32 pm
i understand that...the only one trade that wasnt realsitic that i put on there was the one with the kings...and like i said i only put it on there because i couldnt believe it went through. the other trades i have on there could actually be done even from a GM's standpoint.
Jee Ess Dubya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:34 pm
maracle10 wrote:i understand that...the only one trade that wasnt realsitic that i put on there was the one with the kings...and like i said i only put it on there because i couldnt believe it went through. the other trades i have on there could actually be done even from a GM's standpoint.

LMAO! I'm sure that's the only "unrealistic trade"...

The Celtics would LOVE to give up Paul Pierce AND Gerald Green (their future star) in one fell swoop.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm
Danny Ainge has already said a bunch of times that he wants to trade Paul Pierce...theres constant rumours about him leaving Boston and Pierce himself wants out of Boston...I would imagine he wouldnt mind going back to his hometown. Ainge hasnt been offered anything serious for Pierce yet hence why hes still there...if you were to throw SJAX and JRICH his way he would have to at least think about it...hell he could say throw in a pick or 2 and its a deal.
It doesnt seem unreal to me, but you might not comprehend that.
Jee Ess Dubya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:47 pm
If Ainge trades Pierce, it'll be him waiving the rebuild flag... at which point, young stars, draft picks, and expirers become his target... not heavy-contracted, peaked talent whom (in Jackson's case) come with off-court issues, as well.

The Celtics could get a helluva deal for Pierce WITHOUT having to throw in a future star. :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:55 pm
thats a good point...and you did it without sh!tt!ing on someone else.congrats. but really that is a good point but its clear that he hasnt had many offers so this might just do it...if he would get a huge deal for pierce it would have happened by now...if a team really wanted him they wouldnt be waiting for him to get older...they would have gotten him by now. so i think we should jump on it. or at least try...it wouldnt really hurt would it? and isnt Ainge already waiving the rebuilding flag? only 5 of their 15 players have more than 3 years experience in the L. and 3 of those 5 are Ratliff, Olowokandi and Scalabrine.
Jee Ess Dubya
Next

Return to Trades