Nick Collison

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:00 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Collison definately is nice and is a proven producer that seems to be getting better. As far as what would Pietrus give the Sonics? As I said before, he would do what he did here this season; energy and some scoring, rebounding and defense off the bench. The Sonics have a pretty bad bench and replacing Rashard with Durant doesn't improve the bench any.

Benches are overrated. The Knicks have a pretty deep bench (David Lee, Francis, Jamal Crawford, Balkman...) and still suck. Stars win games, not bench players.

As for the Sonics, they'd look to move Wilcox before moving Collison. That's for sure.

Benchs are essential and make the difference between a good team and a great team! Maybe guys like Gelable will develop but right now, their bench is disgraceful and Pietrus has shown he is productive being next to atleast two guys that are great scorers.

Wilcox looks to have more potential than Collison and he has a bigger contract as well and so will be harder to trade

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:07 am
migya wrote:Pietrus has shown he is productive being next to atleast two guys that are great scorers.

Pietrus is a disaster. One of the dumbest players of the league. He's only playing in the NBA due to his physical traits, not because he knows how to play. That means he won't help much any team he plays for.

And the fact that not many Dubs fans want to see him back is proof enough.

migya wrote:Wilcox looks to have more potential than Collison and he has a bigger contract as well and so will be harder to trade

Wilcox has a very good contract. Just 2 more seasons at 6.5 and 6.75 million... that's two seasons less than what Collison has in his own contract, and at similar numbers. Wilcox is easy to trade.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:23 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Pietrus has shown he is productive being next to atleast two guys that are great scorers.

Pietrus is a disaster. One of the dumbest players of the league. He's only playing in the NBA due to his physical traits, not because he knows how to play. That means he won't help much any team he plays for.

And the fact that not many Dubs fans want to see him back is proof enough.

Yet he was good enough to produce the numbers I've already listed and be an integral part of the rotation, not to mention interest the likes of Colangelo. He is a trade piece that can be used to get a guy like Collison no doubt and that possibility could be explored, nothing more

TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Wilcox looks to have more potential than Collison and he has a bigger contract as well and so will be harder to trade

Wilcox has a very good contract. Just 2 more seasons at 6.5 and 6.75 million... that's two seasons less than what Collison has in his own contract, and at similar numbers. Wilcox is easy to trade.

Collison will make slightly less but yet knows what he is - A good defender and rebounder that doesn't want the ball in his hands to score al the time. Wilcox seems more of a "wants the ball more" player and that is not good for a team that has enough scorers like the Warriors. I'd prefer Collison

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:27 am
migya wrote:I'd prefer Collison

Me too. And so does Seattle. That's why I'm saying they'll trade Wilcox first. :wink:

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:59 am
Id rather have Wilcox over Collison...athleticism, potential, can block shots, can score from the post... all of these he does better than Collison. Collison can score but not consistantly from the blocks, he gets most of his points from mid range jumpers and thats the last thing we need in GS is another jumpshooter. Wilcox's attitude might not fit but no one thought SJAX would work out, and it did, so who says Wilcox's attitude wouldnt work with this team. We need an inside presence on O.
Jee Ess Dubya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:23 am
maracle10 wrote:Id rather have Wilcox over Collison...athleticism, potential, can block shots, can score from the post... all of these he does better than Collison. Collison can score but not consistantly from the blocks, he gets most of his points from mid range jumpers and thats the last thing we need in GS is another jumpshooter. Wilcox's attitude might not fit but no one thought SJAX would work out, and it did, so who says Wilcox's attitude wouldnt work with this team. We need an inside presence on O.

Yeah, could be a better fit. And we were supposedly interested in him last season, before he re-signed with the Sonics.

Although I like his potential, he seems to take games off, while Collison always does his best in each game. Wilcox can have a 20 and 12 game one day and 4 and 2 the next...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:14 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'd prefer Collison

Me too. And so does Seattle. That's why I'm saying they'll trade Wilcox first. :wink:

Point is to give it a try

Previous

Return to Trades