Shawn Marion

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:57 am
With talk that he is unhappy in Phoenix this is a guy who would fit great with us. He has the versatility to play the 3, 4, and sometimes the 5. He is an allstar talent waiting to be "The Man" on a team and with Baron Davis he could be just that. We could give up this years first pick, MP, a second next year, and cash. I know that might not be enough but what do yall think bout trying to get him? Any suggestive trade ideas for him?
2008 NBA Champions..... GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:05 am
You're right. He's a perfect fit for us. Which is exactly why Phoenix won't trade him here. We're in their division.

Marion's not a franchise player... meaning he's not big enough to command a trade to the Eastern Conference, but, even so, he's still dangerous enough to get a boot outta the Pacific (if the Suns do, indeed, trade him).

But Shawn Marion trades pop up ALL THE TIME, so I've gotten used to tuning them out.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:27 pm
yea but this time it is a little different because they are worried about money. As much as the Phoenix Suns did a good job to create probably the best team on paper, they still made mistakes. They gave huge contracts to Diaw and Banks last summer and there are not producing. I think they will move Marion and someone else for a another big scorer....maybe J. Oneal. Once Nash is gone this team is going to have to rebuild even with Amare. There window is closing so I think they are going to make a big time move this offseason. I was just hoping we could get him somehow....
2008 NBA Champions..... GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:04 pm
I heard Suns are 17 million over the cap so they probably want to save $. Its not like they can cut Marion but they will probably move him for an expirer.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:54 pm
i think phoenix might actually look to at least seriously attempt to move him... marion was actually hurting his team, at least in the spurs series...it's tough when don't have an outside shoot...your easy to guard when i know you can't shoot and you're looking to drive everytime.

but hell, who knows.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:40 am
I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded in a sign-and-trade for Rashard Lewis...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:55 pm
TMC wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded in a sign-and-trade for Rashard Lewis...

A real possibility!

Marion is a great player when surrounded by two very good players at least. He can't really create for himself but is a very good scorer in many ways, especially with the outside shot, a great rebounder and great defender. His numbers went down this season but he is still one of the five most allround players in the nba and is very valuable. I'd love to have him but it would take at least Biedrins (who would allow Amare to move back to Center) and one other player of quality at least. Mrion makes too much money as well. If he made around 11 million it wouldn't be so bad but he makes superstar money when he is just allstar caliber

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to Trades