Trade for Gasol (Post Lottery)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:10 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Something like Jack and Aldridge (add another bench player even) for Childress and #3 could be an option

If the Blazers go Oden over Durant, that's a trade that makes a lot of sense for both teams. Jack is also a local hero in Georgia.

As it makes way too much sense for the Hawks, I'm sure it won't happen. :wink:

Well then, this a real chance for the Hawks to move forward for a change.

A lineup of:
PG - Jack
SG - JJohnson
SF - JSmith
PF - Aldridge
C - Draft pick (Splitter or Hawes)

would be a good one and would be interchangeable with Marvin and Sheldon off the bench. Be as deep as the Hawks have had in years but still no more than 7th seed in the East material right now but real good for the future. Likely won't happen as you said

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:31 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Something like Jack and Aldridge (add another bench player even) for Childress and #3 could be an option

If the Blazers go Oden over Durant, that's a trade that makes a lot of sense for both teams. Jack is also a local hero in Georgia.

A lineup of:
PG - Jack
SG - JJohnson
SF - JSmith
PF - Aldridge

would be a good one and would be interchangeable with Marvin and Sheldon off the bench. Be as deep as the Hawks have had in years but still no more than 7th seed in the East material right now but real good for the future. Likely won't happen as you said

Put Alderige at center and Shelden Williams at PF and that lineup looks really decent. Still need a point guard (nothing's changed there), but at least the front court would be set. Josh Smith, Shelden Williams, and LaMarcus Alderige is better than anything Atlanta's had in years.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:49 am
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

A lineup of:
PG - Jack
SG - JJohnson
SF - JSmith
PF - Aldridge

Put Alderige at center and Shelden Williams at PF and that lineup looks really decent. Still need a point guard (nothing's changed there), but at least the front court would be set. Josh Smith, Shelden Williams, and LaMarcus Alderige is better than anything Atlanta's had in years.

Jack did a great job for the Blazers this season and might even be better in the East

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:14 am
migya wrote:
Jack did a great job for the Blazers this season and might even be better in the East

Well, I don't think great is the right word for Jack's season... more like passable.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:33 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Well, I don't think great is the right word for Jack's season... more like passable.

He was good then. A real surprise and more than capable at PG and better than any PG the Hawks have right now by a fair bit

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:18 pm
I'd still take Speedy over him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:00 pm
32 wrote:I'd still take Speedy over him.

I don't. But that's not to say I'd be happy going with Jack as my starting PG. I see him more as a PG/SG backup... nice to have coming from the bench, but that's all.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:01 pm
The best year Speedy Claxton ever had produced 13 & 6, in Golden State.
Jarrett Jack produced 12 and 5 last year.

They're both backup quality, but I'd say Speedy's a hair better. Not by much, but still...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:02 am
32 wrote:The best year Speedy Claxton ever had produced 13 & 6, in Golden State.

Yeah, but Speedy's best season is behind him, while Jack was a second year player... he still has room to improve.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:16 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:The best year Speedy Claxton ever had produced 13 & 6, in Golden State.

Yeah, but Speedy's best season is behind him, while Jack was a second year player... he still has room to improve.

One could argue that Speedy's never gotten the same opportunity that he did in Golden State; he's been a backup mostly everywhere he goes, whereas Jack had an ideal situation in Portland last year.

This could go on forever. Their numbers are, virtually, identical. I'm willing to call a stalemate.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:12 pm
32 wrote:This could go on forever. Their numbers are, virtually, identical. I'm willing to call a stalemate.

We've got a deal, then. Not that it matters much, tho. After all, it's Speedy Claxton and Jarrett Jack we're talking about... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:This could go on forever. Their numbers are, virtually, identical. I'm willing to call a stalemate.

We've got a deal, then. Not that it matters much, tho. After all, it's Speedy Claxton and Jarrett Jack we're talking about... :wink:

My point. Its the kettle and the pot.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:45 pm
32 wrote:Trade them Monta, rather than Richardson, and remove Swift from the trade. They're more likely to go for that; Monta's younger and has tons of potential, but is already a proven 20 PPG scorer... to go along with Al, who'll also score for them. THAT's a championship contender.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andris Biedrins

Suddenly, Memphis is a run-and-gun team, too:

PG - Conley
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Al Harrington
C - Stromile Swift
6th - Hakim Warrick

I don't think the salaries would work out in that trade. And I'm not sure if I'd trade Monta straight up for Gasol, let alone harrington also, especially considering Gasol doesnt work in our style.
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:08 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:

One could argue that Speedy's never gotten the same opportunity that he did in Golden State; he's been a backup mostly everywhere he goes, whereas Jack had an ideal situation in Portland last year.

This could go on forever. Their numbers are, virtually, identical. I'm willing to call a stalemate.

I liked Speedy a lot and really wished we could have kept him rather than Fisher. When he turned it on (which for a brief period back in uh. 2004?) seemed to be every game no player in the league could keep him out of the paint. Kinda like Monta did for a while this year but he was an actual point guard.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:45 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
32 wrote:Trade them Monta, rather than Richardson, and remove Swift from the trade. They're more likely to go for that; Monta's younger and has tons of potential, but is already a proven 20 PPG scorer... to go along with Al, who'll also score for them. THAT's a championship contender.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andris Biedrins

Suddenly, Memphis is a run-and-gun team, too:

PG - Conley
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Al Harrington
C - Stromile Swift
6th - Hakim Warrick

I don't think the salaries would work out in that trade. And I'm not sure if I'd trade Monta straight up for Gasol, let alone harrington also, especially considering Gasol doesnt work in our style.

The salaries do work, but I don't think this trade fits either side in terms of how they play (how each player will fit in on the team).
PreviousNext

Return to Trades