Trade for Gasol (Post Lottery)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:31 am
Money wrote:so u guys are saying you wouldnt trade JRich for KOBE, or Baron for Nash or Monta for Dwayne Wade?!?!?

Who's talking about Kobe, Nash or Wade?. This thread is about Gasol. And I'd be willing to trade Monta and a few others (not J-Rich and/or Baron) for him...

btw, I wouldn't trade any of those for Kobe. We'd be in the same situation the Fakers are year after year. Kobe just can't win enough by himself to make it worthy (and he doesn't look like he wants any help...)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:06 am
Money wrote:
32 wrote:I think Memphis' organization would much rather take Monta. When you disregard the popularity, fan-opinion factor, the choice is obvious.

Sorry buddy but those are things you can't disregard, would be nice if you could, but when thats who pays the bills you have to listen, or else you end up like the Hawks.

The Hawks?!

That organization's listening to their fans TOO MUCH. They always take the high-flying, attractive pick in the draft. Childress. Josh Smith. Marvin Williams. Salim Stoudamire. They're all, basically, the same players. The only non-wingman pick they've made that'll make an impact is Shelden Williams. Thats it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:15 am
32 wrote:[
The Hawks?!

That organization's listening to their fans TOO MUCH. They always take the high-flying, attractive pick in the draft. Childress. Josh Smith. Marvin Williams. Salim Stoudamire. They're all, basically, the same players. The only non-wingman pick they've made that'll make an impact is Shelden Williams. Thats it.

They don't listen to their fans. It's just that Billy Knight is that retarded...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:19 am
TMC wrote:
The Hawks?!

They don't listen to their fans. It's just that Billy Knight is that retarded...

Coulda fooled me. Billy Knight picks all the Mickael Pietrus players...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:53 am
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
The Hawks?!

Coulda fooled me. Billy Knight picks all the Mickael Pietrus players...

Believe me. Hawks fans (the few they still have) have been crying for a PG for the last 3 years... and they get even more forwards year after year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:39 am
I can't speak from a Hawks fan's perspective or the Hawks front office either but they certainly have not drafted for need enough the last few years and had a chance to get their PG position resolved by getting either Deron or Paul last season. Incompetent they are right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:51 am
migya wrote:I can't speak from a Hawks fan's perspective or the Hawks front office either but they certainly have not drafted for need enough the last few years and had a chance to get their PG position resolved by getting either Deron or Paul last season. Incompetent they are right now

Yep, Marvin was probably their worst pick. I mean, they had two top PGs available in that draft, and still went with Marvin (who, btw, ain't playing as well as he should because he has to play with a lot of forwards).

What they should do is pick Horford at #3, Law at #11 and trade one of their forwards (Childress?) for future picks. Shouldn't be that hard. But Knight will end up picking another forward... They're like the Lions with WRs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:59 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I can't speak from a Hawks fan's perspective or the Hawks front office either but they certainly have not drafted for need enough the last few years and had a chance to get their PG position resolved by getting either Deron or Paul last season. Incompetent they are right now

Yep, Marvin was probably their worst pick. I mean, they had two top PGs available in that draft, and still went with Marvin (who, btw, ain't playing as well as he should because he has to play with a lot of forwards).

What they should do is pick Horford at #3, Law at #11 and trade one of their forwards (Childress?) for future picks. Shouldn't be that hard. But Knight will end up picking another forward... They're like the Lions with WRs.

I agree but they have Shelden Williams at PF so going for a Center is their biggest need and Horford is not one. They could really do well in this draft and fill some needs. Childress is very good off the bench so I'd keep him

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:09 am
migya wrote:I agree but they have Shelden Williams at PF so going for a Center is their biggest need and Horford is not one. They could really do well in this draft and fill some needs. Childress is very good off the bench so I'd keep him

Yeah, they were high on Hibbert, but he won't be in the draft. And Noah... well, you know how I feel about Noah. They better hope Shelden can play C with Horford at PF (or the other way around). One of them will be undersized, but it MAY work in the East. And, if not, they can always trade one of them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:16 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I agree but they have Shelden Williams at PF so going for a Center is their biggest need and Horford is not one. They could really do well in this draft and fill some needs. Childress is very good off the bench so I'd keep him

Yeah, they were high on Hibbert, but he won't be in the draft. And Noah... well, you know how I feel about Noah. They better hope Shelden can play C with Horford at PF (or the other way around). One of them will be undersized, but it MAY work in the East. And, if not, they can always trade one of them.

Noah..... I'm not a believer in the bible either, though I was into the fornication and multiple bitches part. God bless :mrgreen:

They may even go for Splitter as he is a real Center. They might fuk it up in this draft by getting Horford and having to real PFs in him and Shelden and it not working with one of them at Center but it is the Hawks and that would be consistent with their shiit!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:20 am
migya wrote:They may even go for Splitter as he is a real Center. They might fuk it up in this draft by getting Horford and having to real PFs in him and Shelden and it not working with one of them at Center but it is the Hawks and that would be consistent with their shiit!

At #3????. They'd be crazy to do so. Trading the pick should be their best option, if they can get Memphis or even Boston's pick.

The problem is that, after Oden, there are no centers deserving of a #3 pick. Conley at #3 and Hawes at #11 (if available) would be another option, but Conley at #3 is also a reach.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:35 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:They may even go for Splitter as he is a real Center. They might fuk it up in this draft by getting Horford and having to real PFs in him and Shelden and it not working with one of them at Center but it is the Hawks and that would be consistent with their shiit!

At #3????. They'd be crazy to do so. Trading the pick should be their best option, if they can get Memphis or even Boston's pick.

The problem is that, after Oden, there are no centers deserving of a #3 pick. Conley at #3 and Hawes at #11 (if available) would be another option, but Conley at #3 is also a reach.

They would be smart (Billy Knight? :oops: ) to trade their #3 pick to either Boston for the #5 and Gomes or something, or Milwaukee for the #6 and Mo Williams (resigned) or something. The Hawks need more talent and they hold the aces with two lottery picks. They likely will fuk it up

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:38 am
If they draft Conley with their first pick (be it at #3, #5 or wherever), they should trade their #11 pick for a first rounder for next year's draft. They'll lose their first rounder next year to Phoenix, so that way they'd have one.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:57 am
TMC wrote:If they draft Conley with their first pick (be it at #3, #5 or wherever), they should trade their #11 pick for a first rounder for next year's draft. They'll lose their first rounder next year to Phoenix, so that way they'd have one.

Good point. My thing is for them trying to get good enough now to make the playoffs and then Phoenix gets an average pick. If the Hawks could trade down to #5 or 6, still get Conley, then use their #11 pick to get a Center (Splitter or Hawes), then they could be playoff caliber. They could try trading their Childress and the #11 pick to TWolves for #7 or Bobcats for #8, maybe they could get a better choice. I reckon they should definately trade down from #3 to #5 or #6 and get an extras player out of it because they could still get Conley. A risk somewhat but there is always Law. The Blazers want Conley as well so the Hawks should be looking to trade with them. Something like Jack and Aldridge (add another bench player even) for Childress and #3 could be an option

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:03 am
migya wrote:Something like Jack and Aldridge (add another bench player even) for Childress and #3 could be an option

If the Blazers go Oden over Durant, that's a trade that makes a lot of sense for both teams. Jack is also a local hero in Georgia.

As it makes way too much sense for the Hawks, I'm sure it won't happen. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Trades