Trade for Gasol (Post Lottery)

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 pm
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I'd still take Speedy over him.

I don't. But that's not to say I'd be happy going with Jack as my starting PG. I see him more as a PG/SG backup... nice to have coming from the bench, but that's all.

Blazers had a great season to what was expected and Jack was perhaps the biggest surprise. He should get better and on a team like the Hawks, maybe he'd be more than just good. That would be a good trade for the pathetic Hawks if they ever want to be anything

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:56 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

I don't. But that's not to say I'd be happy going with Jack as my starting PG. I see him more as a PG/SG backup... nice to have coming from the bench, but that's all.

Blazers had a great season to what was expected and Jack was perhaps the biggest surprise. He should get better and on a team like the Hawks, maybe he'd be more than just good. That would be a good trade for the pathetic Hawks if they ever want to be anything

Sergio will replace Jack as the starter as soon as he learns how to defend in the NBA...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:01 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Sergio will replace Jack as the starter as soon as he learns how to defend in the NBA...

Maybe so but Conley is who they want and they will have to give up some to get him

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:18 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
32 wrote:Trade them Monta, rather than Richardson, and remove Swift from the trade. They're more likely to go for that; Monta's younger and has tons of potential, but is already a proven 20 PPG scorer... to go along with Al, who'll also score for them. THAT's a championship contender.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Pau Gasol
C - Andris Biedrins

Suddenly, Memphis is a run-and-gun team, too:

PG - Conley
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Al Harrington
C - Stromile Swift
6th - Hakim Warrick

I don't think the salaries would work out in that trade. And I'm not sure if I'd trade Monta straight up for Gasol, let alone harrington also, especially considering Gasol doesnt work in our style.

I'd trade them Monta, straight-up, for Gasol... if, for no other reason, just to re-trade Gasol for another star. Monta, currently, only contributes in one category: scoring. Meanwhile, Gasol contributes in blocks, rebounds, AND he scores just as well as Monta. We don't have to keep Gasol... even though I don't think pairing him with our phenominal backcourt could yield a bad result.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:15 pm
Yea.......... pitty noone else, especially the Grizz think Monta is as good as Gasol straight up :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:31 pm
migya wrote:Yea.......... pitty noone else, especially the Grizz think Monta is as good as Gasol straight up :wink:

I was answering Pest's example about Memphis doing a straight-up trade. I don't think anyone (Pest included) took it seriously.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:46 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:Yea.......... pitty noone else, especially the Grizz think Monta is as good as Gasol straight up :wink:

I was answering Pest's example about Memphis doing a straight-up trade. I don't think anyone (Pest included) took it seriously.

Pest said in an earlier quote on this page that he wouldn't even trade Monta for Gasol straight up. I would

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:51 pm
now the Grizz got the suns assistant coach u know they wanna run n gun. I think the trade I intially proposed is looking better than ever for them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:52 pm
Money wrote:now the Grizz got the suns assistant coach u know they wanna run n gun. I think the trade I intially proposed is looking better than ever for them.

Are you kidding?

Monta's WAY more run-and-gun than JRich is. I think my trade makes the most sense now. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:45 am
Money wrote:now the Grizz got the suns assistant coach u know they wanna run n gun. I think the trade I intially proposed is looking better than ever for them.

Don't be so sure they'll be a run-and-gun team. Iavaroni also was Riley's assistant for years, and I wouldn't be shocked if they are a grind-it-out team...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:08 am
TMC wrote:

Don't be so sure they'll be a run-and-gun team. Iavaroni also was Riley's assistant for years, and I wouldn't be shocked if they are a grind-it-out team...

They do have alot of running players and athletes so it wouldn't surprise me if they did run and gun a fair bit

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:17 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

They do have alot of running players and athletes so it wouldn't surprise me if they did run and gun a fair bit

Yeah, but Gasol ain't exactly suited for that style... I guess they'll trade him if that's the way they want to go.

Although Gasol himself has said that he loves the pick of Iavaroni as the head coach and that the move may help to keep him in Memphis.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:06 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, but Gasol ain't exactly suited for that style... I guess they'll trade him if that's the way they want to go.

Although Gasol himself has said that he loves the pick of Iavaroni as the head coach and that the move may help to keep him in Memphis.

Really, Gasol might now stay. I was kind of hoping Mullin could try to get him or that he'd go East at the very least

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:02 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Really, Gasol might now stay. I was kind of hoping Mullin could try to get him or that he'd go East at the very least

If Gasol were to be traded, it would be to the East...
Previous

Return to Trades