Trading for the #1 pick.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:17 pm
32 wrote:
Money wrote:
JayPat wrote:
(Pietrus) can't handle the ball if his life depended on it.

That is hilarious, that kid goes at full speed evey play. I don't think he knows how to downshift. But JRich is also quite shaky with his handles...

Jason Richardson has three times the handles of Pietrus. Mickael Pietrus is worse than Murphy used to be. He dribbles the ball up at his chest. He's better suited to catch-and-shoot... but if he MUST put the ball on the floor, he's okay until about 2 dribbles into it. Then he's lost.

That's the sad part. His first step is great. If he had half-decent handles and returned to playing defense he'd be a starter in this league. How hard is it to develop some handles? I have better handles than him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:31 pm
I know. Its sad.

HEY, AIR FRANCE: Go grab some Better Basketball tapes and get some friggin' handles this summer!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:13 am
32 wrote:
Money wrote:
JayPat wrote:
(Pietrus) can't handle the ball if his life depended on it.

That is hilarious, that kid goes at full speed evey play. I don't think he knows how to downshift. But JRich is also quite shaky with his handles...

Jason Richardson has three times the handles of Pietrus. Mickael Pietrus is worse than Murphy used to be.

Well if Pietrus' handles are 1 or 2 out of 10, then JRich are 5 or 6 out of 10 and Baron would be 10/10 for reference with Nash being an 11. I think that and some improvement on defense is the only thing keeping JRich from being an All-Star. Seems like his handles declined last year for some reason.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:52 am
~W~ wrote:
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though

No, I bet they'll go for a PG w/ Aldridge.

Aldridge would have to come off the bench because Oden and Randoph would start at PF and Center. Aldridge might get tired of coming of the bench real fast so offering a swingman like Pietrus might interest them

If anything, Randolph is the odd man out. They would want to give Oden and Lamarcus more touches, so I don't see Randolph staying... Portland will not trade away their #1, END OF STORY...

But it would be so much harder to get rid of Randoplh with that monster contract and history of bad attitude

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:17 am
migya wrote:
~W~ wrote:
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:

Aldridge would have to come off the bench because Oden and Randoph would start at PF and Center. Aldridge might get tired of coming of the bench real fast so offering a swingman like Pietrus might interest them

If anything, Randolph is the odd man out. They would want to give Oden and Lamarcus more touches, so I don't see Randolph staying... Portland will not trade away their #1, END OF STORY...

But it would be so much harder to get rid of Randoplh with that monster contract and history of bad attitude

Doesn't matter. Portland would rather make NO trade, than a bad trade. Alderige and Oden are a helluva future front court. Randolph is the cancer of that roster, so they'll look to trade him first. He's coming off a good season, so it shouldn't be too tough.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:36 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
~W~ wrote:
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:

Doesn't matter. Portland would rather make NO trade, than a bad trade. Alderige and Oden are a helluva future front court. Randolph is the cancer of that roster, so they'll look to trade him first. He's coming off a good season, so it shouldn't be too tough.

Definately should be much easier to trade him after the season he had but still, there is always his history. The Blazers are in the driver's seat right now and that is the best place to be

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:26 am
I'd bet a cold beer that Zach Randolph isn't a member of the Portland Trailblazers by the start of the 2008-'09 season (aka, not NEXT season, but the one after it).

I'd also bet that Charlotte, Portland, and New Orleans are all in the playoffs by then, too...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:30 am
32 wrote:I'd bet a cold beer that Zach Randolph isn't a member of the Portland Trailblazers by the start of the 2008-'09 season (aka, not NEXT season, but the one after it).

I'd also bet that Charlotte, Portland, and New Orleans are all in the playoffs by then, too...

Coltraning is the man to talk to then :wink: He'll want more than a beer though, a carton maybe :mrgreen:

Maybe the Blazers will try to go with Randolph this season and it will likely be a disaster and then it would really be hard to trade him. That is reason enough to get rid of him now so I reckon there ia a great chance he'll be gone before next season starts

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:34 pm
i agree that the bobcats are going to be in the playoffs by then but not the other teams
Unstoppable In The PaInT ^
Elbows wont stop this guy

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:36 am
blazers are really in rebuilding mode and they see two possible franchise players coming out this year in the draft. There is absolutely no way, save a full frontal lobotomy for each of the front office or if hell freezes over, that they trade the #1 pick. This goes for seattle as well for the #2 pick.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Previous

Return to Trades