Trading for the #1 pick.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Tue May 22, 2007 8:58 pm
I seriously doubt the Blazers trade the #1 pick.......BUT

they do have LaMarcus at the 5 SO

what if we give them JRich, Monta, Biedrins for the #1 and salary filler?

Would you do it if your Portland?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Tue May 22, 2007 9:22 pm
not a chance the Blazers trade the #1 pick.

Role Player
Posts: 344
» Tue May 22, 2007 10:02 pm
No way in hell. As the old adage goes never pass up a great player just because you already have an average one at that position.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed May 23, 2007 2:30 am
badabing8888 wrote:not a chance the Blazers trade the #1 pick.


Yep. Not even offering our whole team...
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22003
» Wed May 23, 2007 3:55 am
Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed May 23, 2007 4:00 am
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though


No.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Wed May 23, 2007 8:22 am
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though


No, I bet they'll go for a PG w/ Aldridge.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22003
» Wed May 23, 2007 8:39 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though


No, I bet they'll go for a PG w/ Aldridge.



Aldridge would have to come off the bench because Oden and Randoph would start at PF and Center. Aldridge might get tired of coming of the bench real fast so offering a swingman like Pietrus might interest them
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Wed May 23, 2007 8:46 am
nope. If we threw BD into that package they might consider it, but at that point we'd be hurting ourselves.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Wed May 23, 2007 8:47 am
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though


No, I bet they'll go for a PG w/ Aldridge.



Aldridge would have to come off the bench because Oden and Randoph would start at PF and Center. Aldridge might get tired of coming of the bench real fast so offering a swingman like Pietrus might interest them


No, Pietrus doesn't have value that's close to Aldridge. They'll land a PG of value, not some three-shooting, dumb player who can't handle the ball if his life depended on it.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Wed May 23, 2007 8:49 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though


No, I bet they'll go for a PG w/ Aldridge.



Aldridge would have to come off the bench because Oden and Randoph would start at PF and Center. Aldridge might get tired of coming of the bench real fast so offering a swingman like Pietrus might interest them


No, Pietrus doesn't have value that's close to Aldridge. They'll land a PG of value, not some three-shooting, dumb player who can't handle the ball if his life depended on it.

yeah, they already have Darius Miles.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 935
» Wed May 23, 2007 11:31 am
migya wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:Going for Aldridge with Pietrus is now a possibility though


No, I bet they'll go for a PG w/ Aldridge.



Aldridge would have to come off the bench because Oden and Randoph would start at PF and Center. Aldridge might get tired of coming of the bench real fast so offering a swingman like Pietrus might interest them


If anything, Randolph is the odd man out. They would want to give Oden and Lamarcus more touches, so I don't see Randolph staying... Portland will not trade away their #1, END OF STORY...

Rookie
Posts: 23
» Wed May 23, 2007 2:10 pm
There is no chance that the Blazers give away this pick the G.M. eve said it not that that means anything. I agree with ~W~ that Randolph is the odd man out. Aldridge showed signs he was ready and hes younger than Randolph. I would not be suprised for them to package Randolph and Jack for a bette perimeter players like Rondo and West from the Celtics. Or they might go after Mo Williams in free agency.

Starting Lineup
Posts: 964
» Wed May 23, 2007 3:21 pm
JayPat wrote:
(Pietrus) can't handle the ball if his life depended on it.


That is hilarious, that kid goes at full speed evey play. I don't think he knows how to downshift. But JRich is also quite shaky with his handles...

OK so since Blazers will keep the pick, i hope we dont go after Zach Randolf...he is overpaid and needs to be babysat.

I dont even think LaMacrus would fit our squad, but i wouldnt mind trading OBryant and Pietrus and next years first for him. Unless we have a legit shot at Gasol by switching JRich for Pietrus.
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Wed May 23, 2007 5:20 pm
Money wrote:
JayPat wrote:
(Pietrus) can't handle the ball if his life depended on it.


That is hilarious, that kid goes at full speed evey play. I don't think he knows how to downshift. But JRich is also quite shaky with his handles...

Jason Richardson has three times the handles of Pietrus. Mickael Pietrus is worse than Murphy used to be. He dribbles the ball up at his chest. He's better suited to catch-and-shoot... but if he MUST put the ball on the floor, he's okay until about 2 dribbles into it. Then he's lost.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 9 guests