Tne Big Answers

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:38 pm
32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Darko won't sign for cheap though and there will be some fool that will give him over 10 million a year

He's not worth more than Pietrus will get... I'd say around 6-7, but nobody will give him 10.

Before Nene and Chris Wilcox, I might have agreed with you... but Nene was one of those big guys who proved NOTHING before getting a GIANT money deal... and, unfortunately, he's been playing like a savage ever since, which gives major incentive to teams willing to take a chance on big men with potential.

Remember Dampier :wink:

7 footers always get more money and the fact that Darko was a 2nd pick in his draft will likely get some team to give him around 10 million a year

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:13 am
migya wrote:7 footers always get more money and the fact that Darko was a 2nd pick in his draft will likely get some team to give him around 10 million a year

Where he was drafted is irrelevant right now. Everybody knows he's a bust. He'll sign with someone but I doubt he'll get over 6-7 million per year.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:17 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:7 footers always get more money and the fact that Darko was a 2nd pick in his draft will likely get some team to give him around 10 million a year

Where he was drafted is irrelevant right now. Everybody knows he's a bust. He'll sign with someone but I doubt he'll get over 6-7 million per year.

He had periods where he played very well and teams always pay big for potential

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:30 am
ok, having 2 white guys again in our SL would just about give me a heart attack. lets face it, most of the time it just doesnt work. however, i have seen darko play, and i believe he does have some good skills, passing, shooting, a block now and then, and rebounding, can he run the break i dont know? darko reminds me of a murphy, without the range, but better defensively and a better passer. who knows? it might be worth looking at, at the right price. pairing him up with biedrins inside might just work.. btw is darko a restricted FA? if so why dont we just swap pietrus with darko, both underachievers, both still have a bit of potential...

Davis
Richardson
Harrington
Milicic
Biedrins
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:16 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:ok, having 2 white guys again in our SL would just about give me a heart attack.

:mrgreen:
Just a clumsy thing isn't it

ChronicallyInclined wrote:darko reminds me of a murphy, without the range, but better defensively and a better passer. who knows? it might be worth looking at, at the right price.

Nice description and about right but the right price is a different figure in Darko's mind as opposed to our minds :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:45 pm
well maybe but so is pietrus money different from other minds and our minds..... which makes the swap quite interesting and cool
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:25 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:well maybe but so is pietrus money different from other minds and our minds..... which makes the swap quite interesting and cool

Pietrus won't get anywhere near the offers Darko will, not even close. Pietrus will likely get 5-7 million at most from someone that thinks he is possible star material

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:26 am
migya wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:well maybe but so is pietrus money different from other minds and our minds..... which makes the swap quite interesting and cool

Pietrus won't get anywhere near the offers Darko will, not even close. Pietrus will likely get 5-7 million at most from someone that thinks he is possible star material

One thing is clear. Both suck... :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:55 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

To a degree yes but both have their strengths

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:10 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

In other words, they both suck... but some idiot out there is going to pay them.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:48 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

In other words, they both suck... but some idiot out there is going to pay them.

Hopefully it isn't us...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:45 am
It won't be, unless its a sign and trade (or dirt cheap).

Mullin wants Biedrins, Ellis, and Barnes on lock-down before he worries about Pietrus. Hell, Baron Davis' extension probably outranks Pietrus' resign this summer...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:51 am
Darko will definately get paid big by some team and I'm thinking it moght be Atlanta if they don't land a Center they like in the draft

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:16 pm
Atlanta better realize that drafting Conley would increase their stock ten-fold, so trading him to Portland is a bad move. The Hawks need a PG; Joe Johnson's a 2 and Speedy's no starter. Draft Conley, sign a center, and contend for the 8th seed...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 pm
By the same token, the Hawks could draft Conley and then demand a fair bit from the Blazers for him. As I said before, Jarrett Jack is pretty good and they could even get Aldridge as well

PreviousNext

Return to Trades