Tne Big Answers

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:51 pm
Lets all face it, noone is going to give up a young player like Tyrus Thomas, Chris Bosh, or Dwight Howard. Young bigs are like gold in this league. By the time the Warriors draft at 18, all the bigs that are worth a first round pick will be gone within the first 10 picks. Its the most sought after commodity in the league. Swingman are a dime a dozen and the Warriors have a dozen of them. For the Warriors, its necessary for them to grab a big if they want to keep moving forward and that may require giving up one of their precious swing players.

Darko Milicic

There is a rule of thumb, though it isn't always true, that big men take 3-5 years to develop. Darko is in his 4th year now and has played limited minutes whereever he has went. Detroit after making the playoffs got the 2nd pick of the draft and already had the likes of Rasheed and Ben Wallace to go with McDyess and Prince. If Memphis didn't owe the pick to Detroit. Darko could of easily become a Nugget with Memphis taking Carmelo Anthony second. Darko's development has slowed down because of it and he has shown flashes of dominance in Orlando. A mobile 7 footer that can block shots, rebounds, and has a nice mid range shot are hard to come by (think Dirk with strength, athleticism, and defense). The problem is, Howard is their star player and happens to play the same position. With Vince Carter showing interest in returning to the Nets, the Warriors can step in with an offer with Richardson for Darko in a sign and trade deal.

Stromile Swift

He has all the physical talent, but lacks the basketball IQ. Well, in Nellie's offense, you won't have to be a genius. Swift can run, rebound, block shots, and finishes the alley oops. Would be a nice guy to have off the bench and gives more toughness to the depth of this team. Though this may sound crazy, just bear with me. Send Ellis and Jasikevicious to Memphis for Swift. Memphis needs point guards.

Draft:

18th: Javaris Crittenton
36th: Reyshawn Terry
46th: Ali Traore

New 07-08 line up

PG Davis - Crittenton
SG Jackson - Azuibuke
SF Harrington - Barnes - Terry
PF Milicic - Swift - Traore
C Biedrins - Foyle

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:06 pm
J Rich for Darko= Revoked Guru Status
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:43 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:J Rich for Darko= Revoked Guru Status

AND Monta Ellis for Stromile Swift... :oops:

Both those trades are migya-status... and THATS saying something. :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:30 pm
How would Darko, Swift, Harrington, and Baron mix at all?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 pm
Jrich for Darko = Jrich for Dunleavy. Proven draft bust, does nothing to help our team but lower it's talent, and most likely salary dumping. I think I'll take my chances with a REAL trade. This is worst than Migya's fantasy league proposals.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:29 am
Darko will be out of the league in two seasons. J-Rich for Darko is just retarded (unless you're a Magic fan). It would be only a salary dump for the Dubs.

WORST TRADE EVER.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:54 am
We may have an Orlando Magic fan here! No to this one! Would be a good one if it was in fantasy league and you were getting JRich :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:59 pm
Those are to good trades...............unless you are trying to KILL a franchise.. Jay Rich for Darko is the dumbest thing I have heard in awhile...Your trading one of the best 2 gaurds in the game for a lousy 4 who cant score...come on.....
2008 NBA Champions..... GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:26 pm
Warriors4Life wrote:Those are two good trades...............if you are trying to KILL a franchise.

Fixed that for you, pal. :thumbleft:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:10 pm
TMC wrote:Darko will be out of the league in two seasons. J-Rich for Darko is just retarded (unless you're a Magic fan). It would be only a salary dump for the Dubs.

WORST TRADE EVER.

Both ideas are ridiculous but I'd love to pick up Darko for cheap. He'll be good I think. Just not great. Amazing size on him and he has a nose for rebounds and blocks. I like the dude
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:30 pm
cladden wrote:
TMC wrote:Darko will be out of the league in two seasons. J-Rich for Darko is just retarded (unless you're a Magic fan). It would be only a salary dump for the Dubs.

WORST TRADE EVER.

Both ideas are ridiculous but I'd love to pick up Darko for cheap. He'll be good I think. Just not great. Amazing size on him and he has a nose for rebounds and blocks. I like the dude

I like him, too.

But I also like Jason Richardson. And, as far as talent-for-talent goes, I like Richardson a HELLUVA lot more than I like Darko.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:49 pm
32 wrote:
cladden wrote:

WORST TRADE EVER.

I like him, too.

But I also like Jason Richardson. And, as far as talent-for-talent goes, I like Richardson a HELLUVA lot more than I like Darko.

Similar to how I like Lebron a lot more than I like Drew Gooden.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:42 am
Darko won't sign for cheap though and there will be some fool that will give him over 10 million a year

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:38 am
migya wrote:Darko won't sign for cheap though and there will be some fool that will give him over 10 million a year

He's not worth more than Pietrus will get... I'd say around 6-7, but nobody will give him 10.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Darko won't sign for cheap though and there will be some fool that will give him over 10 million a year

He's not worth more than Pietrus will get... I'd say around 6-7, but nobody will give him 10.

Before Nene and Chris Wilcox, I might have agreed with you... but Nene was one of those big guys who proved NOTHING before getting a GIANT money deal... and, unfortunately, he's been playing like a savage ever since, which gives major incentive to teams willing to take a chance on big men with potential.
Next

Return to Trades