Pietrus to Toronto: Trade or Blockbuster?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:48 pm
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Playoffs?! That guy was a choker against the Nets! He played like garbage and was the main reason why they lost!
17.5pts, 9rebs, 1.8blks, 39.6FG% (with a disgraceful Game 3, 4 and 5) = Not a superstar. Makes Dirk look reasonable

I was talking only about blocks, not his whole game. Also, Toronto wasn't ready for the playoffs... and I think Mitchell should be the one to blame. We'll see what happens in the future, tho.

Bosh averaged under 2 blocks a game in the playoffs :wink:

He averaged 1.8, note how TMC said almost 2 BPG. Anyways, I wouldn't call 17.5 and 9 a choke, especially considering how young he is, and that it's his first playoff appearance.

And his shitty supporting cast.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:46 am
cladden wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Playoffs?! That guy was a choker against the Nets! He played like garbage and was the main reason why they lost!
17.5pts, 9rebs, 1.8blks, 39.6FG% (with a disgraceful Game 3, 4 and 5) = Not a superstar. Makes Dirk look reasonable

I was talking only about blocks, not his whole game. Also, Toronto wasn't ready for the playoffs... and I think Mitchell should be the one to blame. We'll see what happens in the future, tho.

He averaged 1.8, note how TMC said almost 2 BPG. Anyways, I wouldn't call 17.5 and 9 a choke, especially considering how young he is, and that it's his first playoff appearance.

And considering that he had the rotten luck of playing against Mr. Triple-Double in the first-round.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:54 am
cladden wrote:
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

True but he showed he isn't quite a superstar yet and definately not worth the players that were proposed from in this thread

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:16 am
32 wrote:2) Al Harrington, Monta Ellis, Mickael Pietrus, & 2007, 2008 first round picks for Chris Bosh

migya wrote:definately not worth the players that were proposed from in this thread

You're nuts. There's nobody on the team I wouldn't trade for Bosh. Nobody.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:31 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:2) Al Harrington, Monta Ellis, Mickael Pietrus, & 2007, 2008 first round picks for Chris Bosh

migya wrote:definately not worth the players that were proposed from in this thread

But you don't have to trade close to everybody :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:17 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

But you don't have to trade close to everybody :wink:

Monta and Harrington are not 'close to everybody'. We'd still have Baron. We'd still have JRich. We'd still have SJax. We'd still have Biedrins. And, most importantly, we'd aquire Bosh.

Its an insane trade, from Toronto's standpoint. It was mostly a joke. The fact that you don't think its fair from GS's standpoint is strange...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:33 pm
With such a trade, we would have to do like the Suns and play 5 guys 40 plus minutes since there would be noone to back them up! One injury, to any player, and it is all over

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:53 am
migya wrote:With such a trade, we would have to do like the Suns and play 5 guys 40 plus minutes since there would be noone to back them up! One injury, to any player, and it is all over

Not really different to where we are right now. If Baron misses more than 30 games, we're a lottery team...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:58 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:With such a trade, we would have to do like the Suns and play 5 guys 40 plus minutes since there would be noone to back them up! One injury, to any player, and it is all over

Not really different to where we are right now. If Baron misses more than 30 games, we're a lottery team...

But if anyone else gets injured (be it JRich or whoever), the team has shown they can replace them with guys from the bench, as they did early in the season. With this trade, they have noone and will be lottery bound regardless of who gets injured for a prolonged period of time

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:02 am
migya wrote:But if anyone else gets injured (be it JRich or whoever), the team has shown they can replace them with guys from the bench, as they did early in the season. With this trade, they have noone and will be lottery bound regardless of who gets injured for a prolonged period of time

Why?. The replacements came from free agents that we signed for the minimum, like Azu or Barnes. It's not like we have big stars waiting on the bench.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:18 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:But if anyone else gets injured (be it JRich or whoever), the team has shown they can replace them with guys from the bench, as they did early in the season. With this trade, they have noone and will be lottery bound regardless of who gets injured for a prolonged period of time

Why?. The replacements came from free agents that we signed for the minimum, like Azu or Barnes. It's not like we have big stars waiting on the bench.

Reckon the team will find such great replacements like Barnes so soon. It will be great luck. The team has been put together well and now the idea is to throw 1/4 of it, plus 2 future 1st rounders for a star who is not quite elite yet (undoubtably will be but had a pretty ordinary playoff showing) and might not be quite the inside player needed. Bosh is something special but without resigning Barnes and Azu (who I hope can be as good in more minutes as he would be playing after such a trade), the team would be depleted completely outside of the first 5 guys. Just a scary thought should one player happen to get injured

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:26 am
migya wrote:The team has been put together well and now the idea is to throw 1/4 of it, plus 2 future 1st rounders for a star who is not quite elite yet (undoubtably will be but had a pretty ordinary playoff showing) and might not be quite the inside player needed. Bosh is something special but without resigning Barnes and Azu (who I hope can be as good in more minutes as he would be playing after such a trade), the team would be depleted completely outside of the first 5 guys. Just a scary thought should one player happen to get injured

Come on, that was a tongue-in-cheek trade proposal by #32. There's no way Toronto would make that trade (which should be a hint about the value of the players included in the trade).

But my point is clear. No matter what happens, when you have to trade lesser players to get a star, you do it and look for replacements later. Period.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:21 am

Not really. O'Bryant's gonna back-up Biedrins sooner than later and we're resigning Matt Barnes. As TMC pointed out, its kind of already like that.

Plus, I expect Mully to take a player or two in the free agent market this year. Barnes will (hopefully) be resigned, but we've also got Azu, Zarko, Josh Powell, and Pietrus coming off the books... AND Cabbage is opting out. Right now, we've got SIX players that might not return. Mully will pick up SOMEBODY out there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:25 am
32 wrote:Plus, I expect Mully to take a player or two in the free agent market this year. Barnes will (hopefully) be resigned, but we've also got Azu, Zarko, Josh Powell, and Pietrus coming off the books... AND Cabbage is opting out. Right now, we've got SIX players that might not return. Mully will pick up SOMEBODY out there.

And we have three draft picks. I'd be happy bringing back Barnes and using the picks to fill the rest of the roster.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:27 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:Plus, I expect Mully to take a player or two in the free agent market this year. Barnes will (hopefully) be resigned, but we've also got Azu, Zarko, Josh Powell, and Pietrus coming off the books... AND Cabbage is opting out. Right now, we've got SIX players that might not return. Mully will pick up SOMEBODY out there.

And we have three draft picks. I'd be happy bringing back Barnes and using the picks to fill the rest of the roster.

Me too.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades