Pietrus to Toronto: Trade or Blockbuster?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1221
» Thu May 24, 2007 2:56 pm
32 wrote:With Brian Colangelo eyeballing Mickael Pietrus, it would behoove Chris Mullin to try and wheel and deal a little bit with him. While Colangelo might be an Executive-of-the-Year, Mullin's got a pretty good track record (when it comes to trades) and the two might be able to set something nice up. The first idea is the realistic one, the second idea is the dream:

1) Mickael Pietrus & Golden State's 2007 1st-round pick for Kris Humphries & cash.

As I explained in another thread, Humphries majorly addresses Golden State's rebounding woes. He's not a hound on the glass, but he'll get you 9 a night in starting minutes. Humphries could be Golden State's version of Jason Maxiell. Plus, he's a hustle player, so he wont fall behind in transition as often as Troy Murphy or Mike Dunleavy did.

On Toronto's side of the coin, Colangelo gets Pietrus to be his starting shooting guard... AND he gets a pick in the 1st round of the draft this year, without losing a huge chunk of his rotation. Win/win.

2) Al Harrington, Monta Ellis, Mickael Pietrus, & 2007, 2008 first round picks for Chris Bosh

This one's probably dreaming more than anything else. Golden State gets their dream lineup of Davis and Richardson in the backcourt, with Jackson, Bosh, and Biedrins holding down the front court. Bosh can run in transition, has post game to spare, plays excellent defense, knocks down the midrange, rebounds with the best of them, and is one the game's younger big men. In all reality, he'll probably be the next Garnett someday.

Meanwhile, lets try to justify Toronto giving up that kind of star: If Colangeo is truly banking on Andrea Bargnani, then I don't see why he wouldn't take a huge chunk of Golden State's potent, playoff offense in exchange for Chris Bosh. Monta Ellis is already a 17 PPG scorer... whose only getting better. He may turn into a future star if he can learn to plamake. Mickael Pietrus gives Colangelo the starting SG he's after. And Al Harrington plugs the frontcourt gap that Bosh would leave if he got traded. The Raptors would remain young, they'd recieve 3 above-average talents (with 2 potential stars), and Golden State's draft picks for the next 2 seasons.

... hey, a guy can dream, right?


sure, just as much as those of us who want KG...

i actually think KG would be easier to get than bosh ya?
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu May 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Yeah. Way easier. That's why the trade was only a dream. :wink:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Fri May 25, 2007 9:50 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
cladden wrote:Heck. I'd do Ellis, Biedrins, Pietrus and Harrington for Bosh. Bosh is a keeper.



Um, I wouldn't :wink:

Jesus Christ, I would.

PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Chris Bosh
C - Patrick O'Bryant

That's a helluva lineup.



Pietrus is a role player and can be easily replaced. Harrington, Monta and Biedrins are starters and can't be replaced any time soon. O'bryant is nothing but a project Center and it would be ludicrous to have him starting, playing likely over 30mins a game, as he would have to after trading both Harrington and Biedrins away (not going to play Foyle over 15mins again are we :shock: ).

Bosh is great but he is not a megastar and isn't as god as Gasol, KG, Duncan, Dwight etc. He is not the defender that those mentioned guys are so the team would be lacking still defensively. Just a bad trade that depletes the team
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Sat May 26, 2007 2:35 am
Chris Bosh isn't a KG, Duncan, or Gasol type player... he's better because he's a sure-fire bet to be the future KG of this league. Chris Bosh is still a baby, in basketball terms, and he's already among the league's 5 best PF's. That's special.

Pairing him with Richardson, Jackson, and Baron Davis would make us a lock for the Western Conference Finals, regardless of who else was on the team. Losing Monta hurts, but you gotta break some eggs when it comes to this stuff. The bottom line is that we'd be a far better team if this trade occured and that's all that matters.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sat May 26, 2007 2:39 am
Don't agree. Bosh just doesn't block the shots that the other guys I mentioned do. He doesn't play defense and down low as well as them either. Bosh has a great jump shot that he uses often, a good thing but not the inside presence as such. He would fit the team very well but just giving away too much in this trade. Remember that Baron is an injuryprone player and JRich was also this season so not having backups for them could be suicide
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Sat May 26, 2007 2:53 am
So now you're claiming that Chris Bosh isn't a shot-blocker??? :mrgreen: :shock:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sat May 26, 2007 3:04 am
32 wrote:So now you're claiming that Chris Bosh isn't a shot-blocker??? :mrgreen: :shock:



Bosh:
Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
2006-07 TOR 69 38:30 7.9 15.9 49.6 0.2 0.5 34.3 6.7 8.6 78.5 2.7 8.0 10.7 2.5 2.6 0.6 1.3 2.4 22.6

Chris Bosh isn't much of a shotblocker! It is the part of his game that needs biggest improvement

Yet again I show you that you are off #32, don't continue to blabble on like you are.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sat May 26, 2007 12:35 pm
migya wrote:
32 wrote:So now you're claiming that Chris Bosh isn't a shot-blocker??? :mrgreen: :shock:



Bosh:
Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
2006-07 TOR 69 38:30 7.9 15.9 49.6 0.2 0.5 34.3 6.7 8.6 78.5 2.7 8.0 10.7 2.5 2.6 0.6 1.3 2.4 22.6

Chris Bosh isn't much of a shotblocker! It is the part of his game that needs biggest improvement

Yet again I show you that you are off #32, don't continue to blabble on like you are.


That's a bit odd that you think 1.3 isn't good shot-blocking, that's good for 31st in the league. Not monster like Camby but definitely good. And looking at his rebounding numbers, those are monster. And you're basing your argument against him off the fact that his shot-blocking isn't excellent, yet his scoring and rebounding are superior to the guys you mentioned (minus KG).
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Sun May 27, 2007 1:03 am
::lol: LMAO! miggy's really digging himself a hole here. I know he doesn't watch many games, but Jesus... :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sun May 27, 2007 2:45 am
JayPat wrote:
migya wrote:
32 wrote:So now you're claiming that Chris Bosh isn't a shot-blocker??? :mrgreen: :shock:



Bosh:
Year Team G Min M A Pct M A Pct M A Pct Off Def Tot Ast TO Stl Blk PF PPG
2006-07 TOR 69 38:30 7.9 15.9 49.6 0.2 0.5 34.3 6.7 8.6 78.5 2.7 8.0 10.7 2.5 2.6 0.6 1.3 2.4 22.6

Chris Bosh isn't much of a shotblocker! It is the part of his game that needs biggest improvement

Yet again I show you that you are off #32, don't continue to blabble on like you are.


That's a bit odd that you think 1.3 isn't good shot-blocking, that's good for 31st in the league. Not monster like Camby but definitely good. And looking at his rebounding numbers, those are monster. And you're basing your argument against him off the fact that his shot-blocking isn't excellent, yet his scoring and rebounding are superior to the guys you mentioned (minus KG).



1.3 blocks a game is good compared to the average of starting players in the nba (all players) and decent for starting PFs. Superstar PFs and Centers shotblock much better (with the exception, strangely, of Garnett who gets under 2 a game) than Bosh. As I said, Bosh needs to improve his shotblocking significantly
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun May 27, 2007 2:52 am
migya wrote:1.3 blocks a game is good compared to the average of starting players in the nba (all players) and decent for starting PFs. Superstar PFs and Centers shotblock much better (with the exception, strangely, of Garnett who gets under 2 a game) than Bosh. As I said, Bosh needs to improve his shotblocking significantly


He also improved his numbers to almost 2 bpg during the playoffs... He's not a top shot-blocker, but he's more than decent.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sun May 27, 2007 5:08 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:1.3 blocks a game is good compared to the average of starting players in the nba (all players) and decent for starting PFs. Superstar PFs and Centers shotblock much better (with the exception, strangely, of Garnett who gets under 2 a game) than Bosh. As I said, Bosh needs to improve his shotblocking significantly


He also improved his numbers to almost 2 bpg during the playoffs... He's not a top shot-blocker, but he's more than decent.



Playoffs?! That guy was a choker against the Nets! He played like garbage and was the main reason why they lost!
17.5pts, 9rebs, 1.8blks, 39.6FG% (with a disgraceful Game 3, 4 and 5) = Not a superstar. Makes Dirk look reasonable
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun May 27, 2007 5:10 am
migya wrote:Playoffs?! That guy was a choker against the Nets! He played like garbage and was the main reason why they lost!
17.5pts, 9rebs, 1.8blks, 39.6FG% (with a disgraceful Game 3, 4 and 5) = Not a superstar. Makes Dirk look reasonable


I was talking only about blocks, not his whole game. Also, Toronto wasn't ready for the playoffs... and I think Mitchell should be the one to blame. We'll see what happens in the future, tho.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21960
» Sun May 27, 2007 5:17 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Playoffs?! That guy was a choker against the Nets! He played like garbage and was the main reason why they lost!
17.5pts, 9rebs, 1.8blks, 39.6FG% (with a disgraceful Game 3, 4 and 5) = Not a superstar. Makes Dirk look reasonable


I was talking only about blocks, not his whole game. Also, Toronto wasn't ready for the playoffs... and I think Mitchell should be the one to blame. We'll see what happens in the future, tho.



Bosh averaged under 2 blocks a game in the playoffs :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3074
» Sun May 27, 2007 12:51 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Playoffs?! That guy was a choker against the Nets! He played like garbage and was the main reason why they lost!
17.5pts, 9rebs, 1.8blks, 39.6FG% (with a disgraceful Game 3, 4 and 5) = Not a superstar. Makes Dirk look reasonable


I was talking only about blocks, not his whole game. Also, Toronto wasn't ready for the playoffs... and I think Mitchell should be the one to blame. We'll see what happens in the future, tho.



Bosh averaged under 2 blocks a game in the playoffs :wink:


He averaged 1.8, note how TMC said almost 2 BPG. Anyways, I wouldn't call 17.5 and 9 a choke, especially considering how young he is, and that it's his first playoff appearance.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests