Harrington for Artest.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:43 am
Money wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:
32 wrote: Artest is clearly a 3, playing at 4 is ridiculous.

Agreed, but Id rather have Artest at the 4 than AL. Artest is much better rebounder and scorer down low. And defensively its not even a question.

Only reason I bring up Artest is because the Kings want to trade his unstable mind. So he realistically he can be had, and to tell yoou the truth I would want to do AL for Artest than give up more for a broke JOneal. We already have one injury prone superstar we dont need two.

KG-I see him going to LA or Chi, if anywhere.

Gasol i think would be the best choice if we given up top notch talent and picks.

I now don't want KG but if he can be had for relatively cheap (eg. Harrington, resigned Barnes or Pietrus and two future 1st rounders), I'd go for him definately. Gasol is the younger and more attractive option right now but it is true that stars get sent to the other conference so going for someone like Al Jefferson or some other great big in the East is more likely to be achieveable. I'd definatley go for Jermaine but not if it costs any of the following group: Baron, JRich, Monta and Biedrins

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:10 am
migya wrote:I'd definatley go for Jermaine but not if it costs any of the following group: Baron, JRich, Monta and Biedrins

I'm not so sure I wouldn't trade Biedrins for Jermaine... or even Monta. Jermaine would put us really close to contender status, as long as we keep Baron, S-Jax and J-Rich...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:35 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I'd definatley go for Jermaine but not if it costs any of the following group: Baron, JRich, Monta and Biedrins

I'm not so sure I wouldn't trade Biedrins for Jermaine... or even Monta. Jermaine would put us really close to contender status, as long as we keep Baron, S-Jax and J-Rich...

Biedrins already rebounds and defends almost as well as Jermaine and will likely go up another level next season. Giving up Biedrins in getting Jermaine would leave the team in pretty much the same situation it is now, with one big guy and that's it. Jermaine is also injuryrone somewhat and that is a major issue

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:13 am
If we trade for Artest, I'm going to be pissed. He'll ruin our team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:19 pm
The Pacers are dumb enough to make another trade and make the W's better!

The DunMurphy sister trade is bad enough for them! They are not going to make the current Pacer squad into another GS squad!
Previous

Return to Trades