Harrington for Artest.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:18 am
Harrington for Artest. Yes im the first to advocate this trade. I could care less if Artest and Jackson are back together.

Harrington is the odd man out. plain and simple. He's way too small to play the 5 when it counts, plus he cant shoot off the dribble. He's even too small for the 4 at times. He might be tall enough bt ive had enough of him getting rejected at the rim. Hed be FANTASTIC at the 3 for us, but we have Sjax and JRich.

Artest plays much bigger than Al, rebounds and defends alot better also. We put Artest on Boozer and we win the Utah series.

PS> Id rather do SJax for Artest, but I doubt Kings do that one, this one is more reasonable. Maybe even with this one Al for Ron we can swap first round draft picks....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:29 am
We have wanted Harrington since last season, we didn't. Then we trade for him. Now we don't like him and were going to trade him>>>????
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:33 am
No chance of that hapening. Artest has even talked about retirement... and if anyone can be serious about that, that's him. Nobody will trade anything else than an expirer for him with all the baggage he carries.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:10 pm
i would do this trade but i dont think that the king would i would add in MP along with al by the way i read some where that he went to watch game 3 or 6 in the mav series at oakland
This is the year
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:15 pm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg ... y_id=16186
This is the year

All Star
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:45 pm
Bring him here! He can be had for cheap and Mullin and him have those St John ties!

He is the only one available that could handle a guy like Boozer!

Forget about the past and bring in the enforcer! Ron Ron!

Did anyone see the look on his face when he was watching the Dallas series? It looked like he wanted to play for the W's!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:54 pm
The guy's clearly shown he can't stay out of trouble. Why take the chance? We took the chance on SJax and will see if it was worth it after all his legal issues are solved, but Artest has proven us what he can and can't do off the court.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:26 pm
Not a bad idea, Money. Here's my issues:

1) Harrington played like a savage for us up until the playoffs. 2 bad playoff series don't mean the guy's open for trades... at least, not as far as I'm concerned. Harrington was pretty amazing against Yao Ming in a late game of the season and he's accepted his role as a 5 with far more hustle plays, blocking out, rebounding, and, yes, defense. In fact, I can name several times when I saw Al Harrington leap at a defender at the rim against Utah... only to have nobody else boxing out and the Jazz getting easy second chance points.

2) The trade brings in another wingman... and, right now, we have 2's and 3's to spare. Hell, we're practically turning into the Atlanta Hawks here. If we end up trading Harrington (or Richardson or Jackson or Monta), I'd hope we get a big man out of the deal. Artest plays bigger than he is... but he won't put a body on bigger players like Al will.

3) As TMC pointed out, the baggage that Ron Artest brings is a total turn-off. As I predicted last season, Artest's short-term effects were great and his long-terms were horrid. Trading for Artest would only increase the number of 3rd party boo-birds that are starting to refer to the Warriors as thugs. I don't want a Jail Blazers lineup. You already see Stephen Jackson's undeniable influence on Baron Davis. He's getting his teammates riled up... but he's still delivering. If Artest gets here, I have a feeling we'll see more riling up and less delivering.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:07 pm
32 wrote:Not a bad idea, Money. Here's my issues:

1) Harrington played like a savage for us up until the playoffs. 2 bad playoff series don't mean the guy's open for trades... at least, not as far as I'm concerned. Harrington was pretty amazing against Yao Ming in a late game of the season and he's accepted his role as a 5 with far more hustle plays, blocking out, rebounding, and, yes, defense. In fact, I can name several times when I saw Al Harrington leap at a defender at the rim against Utah... only to have nobody else boxing out and the Jazz getting easy second chance points.

I have no issues with Al, I like the dude and his game. He took his benching like a team player and like you said was awesome for the most part minus the Dallas series. And i dont even really blame him for that, he just wasn't big enough or had the skills to do the job. Its like asking JRich to run point one series, its no his fault he cant do it.

I agree we have a logjam at 2 and 3. But if we are gong to play any 3 in the NBA at the 4 I think Artest is the best. I still see Al as a 3 playing a 4/5. But his defense and rebounding did improve alot so maybe if we pick up another Big we can play Al at the four with new Big coming of bench.

I just think Artest is better at the 4 than Al is right now.

Also I do have one gripe with AL. Just something he needs to improve on really. If you noticed his shooting % off the dribble is horrible compared to his catch and shoot %. Thats just practice though.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:20 pm
Artest is trouble! Plain and simple! The team doesn't need any of that! I'm alright with trading Harrington but any trade has to improve the team and the only way that will happen is by getting a star big that fills the needs of rebounding, defense and inside scoring. Harrington fits in quite well and though he isn't a star, he does well. I'd like to go after Jermaine but the Pacers got rid of Harrington so they wouldn't want him back. I'm still all for Gasol, especially if the Grizz don't get Oden, but wouldn't give up more than Harrington, a resigned Pietrus or Barnes, this draft's 1st rounder and a future 1st rounder. Maybe that would be enough

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:55 am
Why does everybody believe that Artest can stop Boozer?. I'm amazed by that thought... he's a SF, for god's sake. He can stop some PF like Nowitzky, but I doubt he'll be effective against more physical players like Boozer.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:45 am
TMC wrote:Why does everybody believe that Artest can stop Boozer?. I'm amazed by that thought... he's a SF, for god's sake. He can stop some PF like Nowitzky, but I doubt he'll be effective against more physical players like Boozer.

Artest is a muscular, strong player that is one of the best defenders in the game. I reckon he could be efective against Boozer and Deron in the same game! Pitty the guy is a fool and doesn't have basketball aspirations

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:24 pm
TMC wrote:Why does everybody believe that Artest can stop Boozer?. I'm amazed by that thought... he's a SF, for god's sake. He can stop some PF like Nowitzky, but I doubt he'll be effective against more physical players like Boozer.

Yeah, I caught that, too.

Does nobody realize that Boozer is pure muscle? That's all he's got: the guy has zero skill or talent, but he's a big, strong, muscular lug that can slam his body into anybody and (often) win. Ron Artest is shorter AND weighs less. No way can Artest body-up Boozer.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 11:46 pm
32 wrote:3) As TMC pointed out, the baggage that Ron Artest brings is a total turn-off. As I predicted last season, Artest's short-term effects were great and his long-terms were horrid. Trading for Artest would only increase the number of 3rd party boo-birds that are starting to refer to the Warriors as thugs. I don't want a Jail Blazers lineup. You already see Stephen Jackson's undeniable influence on Baron Davis. He's getting his teammates riled up... but he's still delivering. If Artest gets here, I have a feeling we'll see more riling up and less delivering.

Agreed. We don't need any more bad apples tuning up the band for one mind blowing headache. Artest can deliver just as well as Jackson, but the thing is, this solves nothing to our current troubles. Aren't we all looking forward for the Warriors to try and deal for a true big man who can rebound and protect the paint with Biedrins? Artest is clearly a 3, playing at 4 is ridiculous.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:01 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
32 wrote: Artest is clearly a 3, playing at 4 is ridiculous.

Agreed, but Id rather have Artest at the 4 than AL. Artest is much better rebounder and scorer down low. And defensively its not even a question.

Only reason I bring up Artest is because the Kings want to trade his unstable mind. So he realistically he can be had, and to tell yoou the truth I would want to do AL for Artest than give up more for a broke JOneal. We already have one injury prone superstar we dont need two.

KG-I see him going to LA or Chi, if anywhere.

Gasol i think would be the best choice if we given up top notch talent and picks.
Next

Return to Trades