Another AK-47 Trade Idea And More

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:04 pm
Yeah if we are going to get a slow-pace player he has to be dominant on the boards/blocks, of which Gooden isn't. He's fit for a slow pace team. Biedrins is agile for a center and so he works well for us.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:43 pm
i've been thinkin about A. Foyle and a pick or two for kirilenko... utah seems to all but given up on him, and he has 4 years and big money... why wouldnt utah take foyle for for 2 years and save 24 million, and get a couple picks..................................

while for the w's we get a defensive presence and rebounding who could very well flourish in the run and gun style as boris diaw has in phoenix. this would give us big time depth and if patrick o'bryant comes along and biedrins continues to improve ............... boing, it'd be like bonerville at the victoria secrets show.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:30 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i've been thinkin about A. Foyle and a pick or two for kirilenko... utah seems to all but given up on him, and he has 4 years and big money... why wouldnt utah take foyle for for 2 years and save 24 million, and get a couple picks..................................

The only problem is that we're not the Knicks. We cannot add AK without trading J-Rich or Baron, as we're already paying luxury tax, and AK's contract would put us in a difficult situation salary-wise. So I'd rather stay put and just re-sign our young guys.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:39 am
as gary radnich would say, "good knowledge"....
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:35 am
TMC wrote:
ChronicallyInclined wrote:i've been thinkin about A. Foyle and a pick or two for kirilenko... utah seems to all but given up on him, and he has 4 years and big money... why wouldnt utah take foyle for for 2 years and save 24 million, and get a couple picks..................................

The only problem is that we're not the Knicks. We cannot add AK without trading J-Rich or Baron, as we're already paying luxury tax, and AK's contract would put us in a difficult situation salary-wise. So I'd rather stay put and just re-sign our young guys.

That and the fact that Kirilenko is a real question mark right now. He is one of my favourites but I doubt him right now, especially his motivation. It would be the worst thing to get a player that is paid alot and he doesn't show up much and also hinders the ability to resign the young guys

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:46 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

That and the fact that Kirilenko is a real question mark right now. He is one of my favourites but I doubt him right now, especially his motivation. It would be the worst thing to get a player that is paid alot and he doesn't show up much and also hinders the ability to resign the young guys

See Darius Miles. And Chris Webber. And Steve Francis.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:45 pm
32 wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

See Darius Miles. And Chris Webber. And Steve Francis.

Enough to steer clear of Kirilenko

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:25 am
before this series, patrick nominutes and jrich for ak = no. now = lol. remember that there was talk of ak for vince carter and the jazz front office laughed it off saying no way they want vince. also there was talk of vince for mobley and maggette. the jazz signed maggs before so ak for vince no, ak to nets for maggs and mobley, vince to clips also no. maggette and mobley would be better for the jazz than jrick and obryant, so i dont think management would even have considered it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:08 am
thecolony wrote:before this series, patrick nominutes and jrich for ak = no. now = lol. remember that there was talk of ak for vince carter and the jazz front office laughed it off saying no way they want vince. also there was talk of vince for mobley and maggette. the jazz signed maggs before so ak for vince no, ak to nets for maggs and mobley, vince to clips also no. maggette and mobley would be better for the jazz than jrick and obryant, so i dont think management would even have considered it.

Funny... the whole "J-Rich for AK" trade was actually brought up at JazzFanz.com before it was brought up here. Apparently, Utah fans would rather have had Richardson over Kirilenko before the series started. Both players had off-years, but Utah fans picked Richardson to bounce back before Kirilenko.

Funny.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:31 pm
Kirilenko gives the Jazz there only really good defender so he is valuable but he doesn't give anything else. They are horrible at SG and that is why alot of Jazz fans would trade JRich for AK straight up

All Star
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:49 am
Yeah, what would we do w/ Kirilenko? We already have Harrington/AB/Barnes for frontcourt (they fit in Nellie's system). I guess Jazz probably wanna put J-Rich at SG and start Harpring at SF. Not gonna happen.
Previous

Return to Trades