Another AK-47 Trade Idea And More

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 am
Send Richardson and O'Bryant to Utah for Andre Kirilenko.

+

Send Foyle and Ellis to Cleveland for Drew Gooden and Ira Newble

+

With the 18th pick, draft Rodney Stuckey out of Eastern Washington.

+

With the 36th pick, draft Sean Williams out of Boston College

All these moves would give the Warriors a much better rebounding front line and a much better defensive team altogether, especially if Nellie continues to play small ball.

07/08 Line up:

PG Davis / Jaskevicious
SG Jackson / Stuckey / Azuibeke (both re-signed)
SF Kirilenko / Barnes / Newble
PF Harrington / Williams / Powell
C Gooden / Biedrins / Powell
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:59 am
I'm afraid I must use my veto power here. Losing Richardson and Monta Ellis in exchange for Kirilenko and Gooden sounds horrible to me. It would totally transform our lineup from something Nelson can use... to a traditional roster that needs changes before Nelson can go anywhere with it. We might as well get Dunleavy and Murphy back, if we want to go back to traditional rebounding.

I wouldn't be as opposed to the first part of the trade; getting Kirilenko for Richardson might be nice. Gives is a lineup with Kirilenko at PF, Jackson at 3, and Monta at 2. More shotblocking (especially when Biedrins in!), better rebounding, and definately still able to run and gun. But then the whole idea about Gooden and Ira Newbie and all those draft picks just ruined it for me.

I still don't understand Bay Area fans fascination with Drew Gooden. He's mediocre.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:04 am
32 wrote:I still don't understand Bay Area fans fascination with Drew Gooden. He's mediocre.

He's a Dubs fan, if I'm not wrong. There you have it.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:13 am
TMC wrote:
32 wrote:I still don't understand Bay Area fans fascination with Drew Gooden. He's mediocre.

He's a Dubs fan, if I'm not wrong. There you have it.

I believe he was a Dubs fan.

OK. Fine. If Troy Murphy was a Warriors fans, would people think he was amazing?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:20 am
32 wrote:OK. Fine. If Troy Murphy was a Warriors fans, would people think he was amazing?

No. He still sucks. F*cking Irish. :mrgreen:

(I hope no Irish takes any offense for this. It's just that Irish who sucks.)
Last edited by TMC on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:44 pm
Yeah, I am not sold on Drew Gooden either. He's from the Bay Area, yes, but that doesn't make him a great fit for the team, especially at the cost of either Monta or Jason.

Kirilinko would be more intriguing if 1) we didn't have to give up anyone decent for him and 2) his contract wasn't the size that it is. I would be more for getting him if his contract was shorter, sort of rent him for a season then use the cap space. As it stands however, I would only dump Foyle's contract for something shorter - otherwise I think it is just wiser to eat it and backload the Monta and Andris contracts.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:33 am
JRich for AK is reasonable somewhat but that's it of these trades! Gooden is a bust of sorts and Monta can fetch much more than that

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:28 am
migya wrote:Gooden is a bust of sorts

Gooden is no bust. He's great as a role player. Can score, great rebounder... just not a dominating PF as some people expected.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:18 am
TMC wrote:

Gooden is no bust. He's great as a role player. Can score, great rebounder... just not a dominating PF as some people expected.

Gooden was a very good college player and looked to have the skills to be a star somewhat and has been nowhere near it. I don't like his game and find him uninteresting

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:09 am
TMC wrote:

... or as dominating as some people in the Bay still claim he can be. :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:05 am
Gooden is a guy that can rebound and run. 11 and 8.5 boards is what this team needs. In his two playoff games this season, he's averaging 17 and 10. He automatically becomes the second best rebounder on this team, next to Biedrins. If Nellie had the size, I think he'd use it. Small ball maybe his trademark, but certainly not his first choice of play. At this point, its not just about talent. The Warriors have enough of that. What they need are role players and as one poster pointed out, Gooden would be a good role player. He's not going to shoot 15 times a game, but can give you rebounds.

Just think. This season, the Warriors were outrebounded by double digits more often than not. 15 of those games were decided by 8 points or less. 11 of those games decided by 5 points or less. We're talking 10 more shots for the opposing team in a game that they lost by small margin. 3 of those games were decided by 3 points or less. A rebounder like Gooden can help in that area as with a guy like Kirilenko. Scoring isn't the issue. Say the Warriors can win 10 of those games, then you'll be looking at a 50+ game team.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:13 pm
The team can get a draft pick PF that can get the rebounds well enough. Gooden is not worth Monta! Monta is a key player on this team and if he was to be traded, it would have to be for an established star

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:05 am
migya wrote:The team can get a draft pick PF that can get the rebounds well enough. Gooden is not worth Monta! Monta is a key player on this team and if he was to be traded, it would have to be for an established star

Easy, bro. Nobody said we should trade Monta for him (other than in the original post of the thread). Just that Gooden is not as bad as some people think.

I'm not that crazy to trade Monta for him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:14 am
A thread's subject comes from the original post :wink:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:27 am
GSWGuru wrote:Gooden is a guy that can rebound and run. 11 and 8.5 boards is what this team needs. In his two playoff games this season, he's averaging 17 and 10. He automatically becomes the second best rebounder on this team, next to Biedrins. If Nellie had the size, I think he'd use it. Small ball maybe his trademark, but certainly not his first choice of play. At this point, its not just about talent. The Warriors have enough of that. What they need are role players and as one poster pointed out, Gooden would be a good role player. He's not going to shoot 15 times a game, but can give you rebounds.

Just think. This season, the Warriors were outrebounded by double digits more often than not. 15 of those games were decided by 8 points or less. 11 of those games decided by 5 points or less. We're talking 10 more shots for the opposing team in a game that they lost by small margin. 3 of those games were decided by 3 points or less. A rebounder like Gooden can help in that area as with a guy like Kirilenko. Scoring isn't the issue. Say the Warriors can win 10 of those games, then you'll be looking at a 50+ game team.

Drew Gooden would absolutely tank the Warrior tempo that's made them so dangerous this year.

Nelson understands: when Golden State runs, they win. You can see evidence of that by Nellie temporarily yanking Biedrins out of the starting lineup, in favor of the quicker Monta Ellis. Starting Harringon at center gives Golden State 5 position players who can run the floor and finish. Of course, starting Biedrins leaves us with 4, which isn't bad at all (especially since Biedrins makes up for it in blocks and rebounds)... but taking it a step further to aquire somebody like Drew Gooden, whose clearly most comfortable in a half-court set, where he can set up for position and play the post, would be a total conflict of interest between Gooden and the rest of the Warriors. Unlike Biedrins, Drew Gooden won't make anybody afraid to come inside... and he won't grab as many boards, either.

The only solution the Warriors would be able to muster with Gooden in the lineup would be a traditional starting 5, featuring Gooden and Biedrins in the front, with Baron, Richardson, and Jackson running the floor. That would cripple our tempo; Jackson's not the quickest guy to begin with, Richardson's not the best handler, and Gooden/Biedrins is a trailer kind of guy.

Making the trade for Drew Gooden effectively and immediately destroys our entire catalyst to victory. Its been seen (Murphy, Dunleavy, Foyle, ect) that the Warriors don't like to play slow basketball. Why change back to a slower lineup when everything's clicking like this?
Next

Return to Trades