how 'bout AK-47 for AF-31 & MP-2?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:40 am
migya wrote:Fisher is a shooter, not a scorer :wink:

Though it is understandable that AK scores less now that three other teammates are scoring well, he should be scoring more than just under 9 a game. The most disappointing is is his rebounding, at 4.7 a game! He should at least have 6 a game. He has been disappointing and it is interesting how he will react in the future

You have to take into account that he's playing almost 9 less minutes a night.

His rebounding dipped from 8 to 5... that's expected when you're playing a quarter less basketball per night. The scoring is just the result of less looks. AK still has talent, but he had an off year. Think Jason Richardson.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:30 am
I didn't expect such a decrease in his numbers. He is still has ability but he is a real question mark now, except for his defense

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:32 am
It's not only lack of minutes. He played 27 minutes last night and got only 2 points and 3 boards. Something else is wrong with that guy in Utah.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:14 am
I really think he just doesn't like the situation at all and would rather want out. He was a rising star getting the attention and now Boozer and Deron get it all

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:07 am
TMC wrote:It's not only lack of minutes. He played 27 minutes last night and got only 2 points and 3 boards. Something else is wrong with that guy in Utah.

Well, its hard to get a lotta points on only 2 field goal attempts. :wink:

It's not like Kirilenko's pulling a Dunleavy and going 3-for-11; the guy's shot 47% all year. Like I said, he's getting less looks. Sure, more minutes would mean more shots... but I'm pretty sure it also has something to do with a guy named Carlos Boozer, a guy named Mehmet Okur, and a guy named Deron Williams.

Its like in Golden State; when Al, SJax, Baron, and Richardson started ripping it up again, Monta Ellis had to step back. Since March, Monta Ellis has been averaging closer to 14 PPG, as opposed to the 18 PPG he's been putting up all year. Sure, its not as drastic as Kirilenko, but its just an example. You have to remember that Sloan's system makes for less shots, so the drop will be heavier.

BTW, its been about 4 days since I posted that topic at JazzFanz.com and a whopping 21 out of 26 Jazz fans have confirmed that they think that trade it crap. So much for it being "realistic" or "something Jazz fans would want". :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:27 am
32 wrote:Well, its hard to get a lotta points on only 2 field goal attempts. :wink:

It's not like Kirilenko's pulling a Dunleavy and going 3-for-11; the guy's shot 47% all year. Like I said, he's getting less looks. Sure, more minutes would mean more shots... but I'm pretty sure it also has something to do with a guy named Carlos Boozer, a guy named Mehmet Okur, and a guy named Deron Williams.

Its like in Golden State; when Al, SJax, Baron, and Richardson started ripping it up again, Monta Ellis had to step back. Since March, Monta Ellis has been averaging closer to 14 PPG, as opposed to the 18 PPG he's been putting up all year. Sure, its not as drastic as Kirilenko, but its just an example. You have to remember that Sloan's system makes for less shots, so the drop will be heavier.

Yeah, I know, less minutes equals less shots, less boards... less everything. But there's gotta be a reason why a guy like AK, who was a rising star and got himself a max contract with the way he played, suddenly is playing less minutes. And it's also weird that he only takes 2 shots in 27 minutes. I know Boozer and Okur are taking shots from him... but that much?.

Sounds a bit strange.

32 wrote:BTW, its been about 4 days since I posted that topic at JazzFanz.com and a whopping 21 out of 26 Jazz fans have confirmed that they think that trade it crap. So much for it being "realistic" or "something Jazz fans would want". :roll:

Yeah, I'm still surprised that some of them would take that trade. That's what I can't understand.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:21 am
now would you trade pietrus, biedrins, pick and foyle for ak?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:50 am
thecolony wrote:now would you trade pietrus, biedrins, pick and foyle for ak?

I wouldn't, but just because AK's contract would force us to trade J-Rich. We're not the Knicks. Our payroll has some limits...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:11 am
thecolony wrote:now would you trade pietrus, biedrins, pick and foyle for ak?

Nope.

To me, Biedrins is worth more than Kirilenko because (a) he plays center; the hardest position to fill well, (b) he's 21 with endless potential and AK-47 is pretty much done expanding his game, and (c) Kirilenko's contract.

Sure, I'd love for Utah to take our trash (Pietrus, Foyle) in exchange for Kirilenko, but not if Biedrins is involved... so the trade becomes meaningless. Utah would never pull such a one-sided deal without Biedrins.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:35 pm
Kirilenko is having a good series but I also don't think he will get better than what he has been. Biedrins will only get better and he comes cheaper then AK so no deal

Previous

Return to Trades