how 'bout AK-47 for AF-31 & MP-2?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:05 am
wrycooter wrote:forget i mentioned it.

here's my new trade scenario then: Baron Davis for Dale Davis, Speedy Claxton, and cash. whaddya think?

:mrgreen:

Told you there are some blabbers on here.

Kirilenko is a nonfactor so far in the playoffs as well. He really seems to be out of favour in Utah

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 am
wrycooter wrote:forget i mentioned it.

here's my new trade scenario then: Baron Davis for Dale Davis, Speedy Claxton, and cash. whaddya think?

Now that's funny... :thumbup:

btw, in the thread in the Jazz board there are some people that would do that trade... Amazing. Kirilenko must have really sucked this year.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:47 am
Then again, there are (or, perhaps after Game 1, were) people here DYING to trade Baron Davis, too... :roll:

And, cooter, don't fall back on the BD trade as if that was a regular event. The Hornets got taken in that trade, just like the Lakers in the Shaq trade, just like the Pacers in the Harrington trade. Those trades are not exactly usual.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:23 pm
Jazz fans have spoken.

In less than 24 hours, 14 of them would kick this idea to the curb... while a mere 4 would take it. But don't take my word for it. Have some quotes:

jazzlaw wrote:I voted yes because I think that's probably the best deal the Jazz could hope to get for AK, and because then I could become a GS warriors fan.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't do this deal if I owned the Jazz. But I would also not keep AK around if I was going to keep Sloan (which I wouldn't).

Also, Foyle sucks, but not as badly as Collins.

CasualObserver wrote:Hell no...AK would cause havoc in a system like the Warriors. Think Shawn Marion on the Suns, only without a 3pt shot.

If (note: not advocating an AK trade in anyway) AK is ever traded it better be to the east.

joncolton wrote:I don't think so.

AK has had a terrible year, that doesn't mean we are ready to send him off somewhere. For one thing, he's our only front court player who plays defense, and he's the teams only shot blocker. We wouldn't move him for anything less than Jason Richardson and a 1st round pick. Now you can laugh us out of the building.

Sphenoidman wrote:Pietrius is a restricted FA this offseason which would throw the whole trade out of whack, so I'm not sure it could happen anyway, but even if it was possible this would be a horrible trade for the Jazz

Foyle's contract is horrible and the Jazz wouldn't want to replace one bad contract with another. AK would be fantastic on the Warriors and the Jazz will want more back than Pietrius and a worthless pick (the Jazz are incredibly deep so late first rounders aren't valuable).

I'm not a big fan of J-Rich personally and I don't think he would do well in our system which stifles creative scoring 2 guards. I actually do like Pietrius but if the Jazz are going to give up their only shot-blocker then they would have to get Biedrins back. Also they would want cap relief because this trade doesn't help from a financial standpoint.

Arnaud wrote:The major issue about Pietrus is that he is as dumb as a box of rocks. Listen to this guy in an interview, and you'll understand that he is retarded. Back when he was in France, he could hardly enonciate two correct French sentences in a row, so what are we gonna do about him when Sloan explains the "system" in English ?? I have nothing against him as a player, but as a human being he's an idiot. If you must choose a french player, go with Diawara (Denver), Petro (Seattle) or Gelabale (Seattle), but not him, please. Pleaaaaaaaaaaase !!!

Yep. They sound THRILLED with the idea.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:58 pm
KIRILENKO FOR J-RICH AND A PICK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:shock:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:42 pm
JayPat wrote:KIRILENKO FOR J-RICH AND A PICK. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:shock:

The one that got me was the whole idea of "throwing Biedrins in" for Jazz fans. I don't think I'd trade Biedrins for Kirilenko, straight up... let alone with Pietrus and a pick.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:31 pm
jazz fans are stupid for thinking of biedrins as a throw in.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:28 pm
What I got out of that is that they want AK out of there

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:24 am
migya wrote:What I got out of that is that they want AK out of there

And I don't blame them. He's been healthy all year and not producing... while making more than $12 million... Who in their right mind would want to keep that kind of player?.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:50 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:What I got out of that is that they want AK out of there

And I don't blame them. He's been healthy all year and not producing... while making more than $12 million... Who in their right mind would want to keep that kind of player?.

I don't know what it is. Whether he doesn't get much of the ball on offense and whether Boozer, Deron and Okur get all of the ball or whatever but Kirilenko has been quite awful this season. His court time has been slightly reduced and he still plays the defense but he was expected to become a superstar type and has regressed to an average player

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:53 am
migya wrote:I don't know what it is. Whether he doesn't get much of the ball on offense and whether Boozer, Deron and Okur get all of the ball or whatever but Kirilenko has been quite awful this season. His court time has been slightly reduced and he still plays the defense but he was expected to become a superstar type and has regressed to an average player

I haven't followed the Jazz much, but seems like he stepped down and allowed Boozer and Okur to become the focus of the offense for the team. I don't think Deron's at fault for AK's awful playing this season. Maybe it's the system, as Sloan wants to focus the offense on those two guys.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:57 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I don't know what it is. Whether he doesn't get much of the ball on offense and whether Boozer, Deron and Okur get all of the ball or whatever but Kirilenko has been quite awful this season. His court time has been slightly reduced and he still plays the defense but he was expected to become a superstar type and has regressed to an average player

I haven't followed the Jazz much, but seems like he stepped down and allowed Boozer and Okur to become the focus of the offense for the team. I don't think Deron's at fault for AK's awful playing this season. Maybe it's the system, as Sloan wants to focus the offense on those two guys.

I'd say it is the Jazz system. I've noticed over and over again that AK doesn't take many shots but yet gets a fair amount of blocks. He likely is unhappy being in the Jazz and would want to go to a team where he can play both ends as a bit of a focal point. The Warriors would be a good fit for him defensively, as the team needs that alot, but I'm not sure how many touches he'd get on offense. He can run a bit and is multiskilled but just how much of the ball he'd get is uncertain

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:25 pm
I think its simple: last season, Boozer was out, Fisher was in Golden State, DWilliams underplayed, and the Jazz were in need of another offensive threat to pair with Mehmet Okur. Kirilenko was the benniciary to all of the Jazz's misfortune.

Becoming the Jazz's second option on offense allowed him to score more points than he usually would. Look at Chris Webber in Detroit; there are so many offensive weapons there, his PPG has dipped. Kirilenko is the same thing. This year is really the Jazz' first full season with Carlos Boozer, Derek Fisher is also a scorer more than anything else, Deron Williams has broke out and averaged high scoring numbers... somebody had to suffer on offense for this all to work... and Sloan probably prefered Kirilenko to be the guy, due to his defensive prowess.

AK still blocks shots and gets his steals and assists, but a 10 minute drop in playing time will obvious mean less points and less rebounds. Check his %'s; aside from 3-pointers, he's having the same type of year he always has. Just less opportunities.

Right now, the Jazz have 6 players on their roster who average more shot attempts per game than AK-47: Okur, Boozer, Williams, Fisher, Harpring, and Giricek. If I'm Jerry Sloan, I'm wondering why AK is getting so few shots... because Boozer and Harping are the only one of those guys who shoot a better percentage than Kirilenko.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:06 pm
32 wrote:I think its simple: last season, Boozer was out, Fisher was in Golden State, DWilliams underplayed, and the Jazz were in need of another offensive threat to pair with Mehmet Okur. Kirilenko was the benniciary to all of the Jazz's misfortune.

Becoming the Jazz's second option on offense allowed him to score more points than he usually would. Look at Chris Webber in Detroit; there are so many offensive weapons there, his PPG has dipped. Kirilenko is the same thing. This year is really the Jazz' first full season with Carlos Boozer, Derek Fisher is also a scorer more than anything else, Deron Williams has broke out and averaged high scoring numbers... somebody had to suffer on offense for this all to work... and Sloan probably prefered Kirilenko to be the guy, due to his defensive prowess.

AK still blocks shots and gets his steals and assists, but a 10 minute drop in playing time will obvious mean less points and less rebounds. Check his %'s; aside from 3-pointers, he's having the same type of year he always has. Just less opportunities.

Right now, the Jazz have 6 players on their roster who average more shot attempts per game than AK-47: Okur, Boozer, Williams, Fisher, Harpring, and Giricek. If I'm Jerry Sloan, I'm wondering why AK is getting so few shots... because Boozer and Harping are the only one of those guys who shoot a better percentage than Kirilenko.

Maybe he has a better % because he's selective and takes few shots. Okur's gonna take the harder shots...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:13 am
Fisher is a shooter, not a scorer :wink:

Though it is understandable that AK scores less now that three other teammates are scoring well, he should be scoring more than just under 9 a game. The most disappointing is is his rebounding, at 4.7 a game! He should at least have 6 a game. He has been disappointing and it is interesting how he will react in the future

PreviousNext

Return to Trades