how 'bout AK-47 for AF-31 & MP-2?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:35 pm
I'm imagining an Eastern Bloc(k) frontcourt with Biedrins and Kirilenko, defending the post, blocking shots, and running the floor together. Could be just what the W's need! Salary-wise I think it works out pretty well though they will probably need to do some sort of sign & trade with Pietrus and they would finally be rid of Foyle's contract, with all due respect to our noble ambassador. Worst case is that Kirilenko does not regain his form with Nellie but I find that hard to imagine. Whatchu guys 'tink?

Let's start calling them the Oakland Warriors!
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:35 pm
Yes, that would be good for us.

But why in the world would Utah do this? :?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:46 pm
This is one of the worst attempts yet. Definately giving miggy come competition for least likely trade ever. :oops:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:18 am
Nice thinking. I don't think Jazz would do this at all but they are in need of a SG, athleticism, perimeter defense and some backup frontline defense and Foyle and Pietrus give all that. Throw in the team's 1st rounder in this draft and reckon the Jazz go for it but Kirilenko, as much as he has had an underperforming season, is very valuable defensively for them

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 am
migya wrote:Nice thinking. I don't think Jazz would do this at all but they are in need of a SG, athleticism, perimeter defense and some backup frontline defense and Foyle and Pietrus give all that. Throw in the team's 1st rounder in this draft and reckon the Jazz go for it but Kirilenko, as much as he has had an underperforming season, is very valuable defensively for them

LMAO!

You think Utah would trade Kirilenko for Foyle, Pietrus, and a DRAFT PICK... just because AK47 had one bad year??? That's like us trading Richardson for Nazr Mohammed, Lindsay Hunter, and a draft pick. Set-back years don't mean dick.

Kirilenko is worth far more than Adonal Foyle. :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:41 am
I'll leave it up to those with a functioning brain to see what I meant

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:53 am
migya wrote:I'll leave it up to those with a functioning brain to see what I meant

You're right. When talking about trading Adonal Foyle for AK-47, one must question whether or not a brain was involved in concocting this hideous idea. Jazz fans would laugh you out of the building.

In fact, I'm gonna create an account on JazzFanz.com and see how they take to your little idea. I'll post the results when they get interesting. Ta ta, bitch.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 am
Yeah seriously, this trade is ridiculous.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:19 pm
let me do my best Danny Ainge impression by saying "Wha wha wha?!? I barely even touched him!" it was just a suggestion.

kirilenko's trade value is at an all time low and he's signed until 2011 when he's slated to make almost $18 mil in his final year. foyle only has two years left on his contract (he'll make $9 mil next year and $9.75 the year after that) and then a team option. i think he'd be a serviceable backup C for a half court, defensive-minded team like the jazz. he's in there more to make the salaries match up anyway. i thought of it more as a pietrus for kirilenko trade. kirilenko is miscast as a SF. pietrus i think could be signed for a relatively cheap price and would provide energy and defense and rebounding and some 3 point shooting for the jazz. i'm hoping mickael has a good postseason either way. i'm sure he and adonal could be packaged together for someone halfway decent.

if all else fails, all we have to do is spread some rumors that kirilenko is gay and jerry sloan and larry miller will have him shipped off in a jiffy.

let me put it this way: who expected the pacers to jump at a trade for dunleavy, murphy, and diogu? or that the jazz would take derek fisher off our hands last off-season. all i'm saying is that there must be a team out there somewhere that wants a backup C like foyle who can block shots and foul Shaq. i'd suggest the knicks since they have never seen a trade proposal they didn't like but i'm not sure who we'd want from that team, maybe Qrich.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:56 pm
32 wrote:In fact, I'm gonna create an account on JazzFanz.com and see how they take to your little idea. I'll post the results when they get interesting. Ta ta, bitch.

:mrgreen:
It just gets worse and worse with this fool

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:35 pm
wrycooter wrote:let me do my best Danny Ainge impression by saying "Wha wha wha?!? I barely even touched him!" it was just a suggestion.

I know, some few people here just can't wait to blabber on about what someone else says

wrycooter wrote:kirilenko's trade value is at an all time low and he's signed until 2011 when he's slated to make almost $18 mil in his final year. foyle only has two years left on his contract (he'll make $9 mil next year and $9.75 the year after that) and then a team option. i think he'd be a serviceable backup C for a half court, defensive-minded team like the jazz. he's in there more to make the salaries match up anyway. i thought of it more as a pietrus for kirilenko trade.

That's right, Kirilenko's value has never been less. Foyle would actually be a good fit as backup Center for the Jazz, giving them good defense in few minutes. To make this trade work though, the salaries have to be right which means Jask would have to be added as the third player for AK

wrycooter wrote:pietrus i think could be signed for a relatively cheap price and would provide energy and defense and rebounding and some 3 point shooting for the jazz. i'm hoping mickael has a good postseason either way. i'm sure he and adonal could be packaged together for someone halfway decent.

If the Jazz went for this trade, they would resign Pitrus for around 6-7 million, expecting him to be their starting SG or SF. He definately has his strengths and a few teams would be willing to go for him

wrycooter wrote:let me put it this way: who expected the pacers to jump at a trade for dunleavy, murphy, and diogu? or that the jazz would take derek fisher off our hands last off-season. all i'm saying is that there must be a team out there somewhere that wants a backup C like foyle who can block shots and foul Shaq. i'd suggest the knicks since they have never seen a trade proposal they didn't like but i'm not sure who we'd want from that team, maybe Qrich.

Trades like this happen fairly often and Mullin could scam another one. The Knicks, the fools they are, are always a haven to dump ones garbage

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:29 pm
It may have been just a suggestion, but a horrible one. Foyle and MP for AK-47? AK has struggled and not found any consistency since his promising season, but he is worth far more than that. C'mon now, Utah doesn't have that dumb of a GM.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:03 pm
Kirilenko is available for the right trade, not for that one. They already have a similar player to MP in Ronnie Brewer (with more upside, at this point) and Foyle's contract doesn't exactly help them...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:47 pm
http://www.jazzfanz.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=22278

Its posted... lets see if anybody goes for this idea. :roll:

32 wrote:Greetings, Jazz fans!

My name is John. I'm a Warriors fan from San Jose, California... but I'm not here to talk sh*t or anything. I come in peace. :) My visit here is strictly one of business: I was wondering if perhaps you guys could solve a little problem we're having over at GoldenStWarriors.com.

You see, about a week back, a member of our forum came up with a trade scenario that involved our Warriors sending Adonal Foyle and Mickael Pietrus... in exchange for Andrei Kirilenko.

Naturally, most of us laughed the idea out of the building. Kirilenko, on his best day, is a DPOY candidate... meanwhile, Foyle is dead weight and Pietrus is dried up potential. There seemed to be absolutely zero reason or logic as to why Utah would take this trade. However, a couple of our fans persisted; claiming that Kirilenko had a setback year and that Jazz fans might be intrigued by the potential of Pietrus. Here are a few quotes from the topic:

Which is where I come in, today, at JazzFanz.com, asking the experts on Utah Jazz basketball if this trade would be of any interest to you? To recap, here are the terms:

JAZZ OUTGOING

Andrei Kirilenko

JAZZ INCOMING
Mickael Pietrus
Adonal Foyle
2007 1st Round Pick

Any buyers for this moronic idea? :puke: (sorry, we don't have this smiley and I wanted to use it once :)).

Here's the topic:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=3932

Have fun with it, guys. :wink:

I'm not even voting, to keep it fair.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:16 pm
forget i mentioned it.

here's my new trade scenario then: Baron Davis for Dale Davis, Speedy Claxton, and cash. whaddya think?

Next

Return to Trades